Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

24: Live Another Day (2014) -- Coming Soon

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

24: Live Another Day (2014) -- Coming Soon

Old 07-09-14, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 254 Likes on 180 Posts
Re: 24: Live Another Day (2014) -- Coming Soon

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Got to love just how wrong the haters were about this season. But the clueless haters just got to keep hatin'. Short of a huge fail in the finale, I'll be buying this when it goes on a mega sale.
Clueless fanboys just gotta keep on bein' fanboys.

To each their own, but...

Spoiler:
President Heller surviving a missile to the face was the biggest fail in pretty much the entire history of everything ever.
Old 07-09-14, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

-s
Originally Posted by Josh Z
To each their own, but...

Spoiler:
President Heller surviving a missile to the face was the biggest fail in pretty much the entire history of everything ever.
Is this a joke, or is this proof you really are clueless and ragging while ignoring simple facts?

Spoiler:
He wasn't even in the stadium. Basically your prototypical only on 24 (including season 5) escape. If anything, Chloe's getting away from the Chinese in the van was for more eye rolling.
Old 07-09-14, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

-s

Is this a joke, or is this proof you really are clueless and ragging while ignoring simple facts?

Spoiler:
He wasn't even in the stadium. Basically your prototypical only on 24 (including season 5) escape. If anything, Chloe's getting away from the Chinese in the van was for more eye rolling.
You're making excuses for one of the most incredibly lame plot twists in TV history.

Spoiler:
Heller was standing in the center of the stadium, up until 1 second before the missile hit - at which point Chloe magically spoofed the video feed, and Jack ran out into the middle of the field, grabbed Heller, and dragged him a quarter mile out into the parking lot.

And yes, Chloe escaping the Chinese in the van was also lame. Thank you for pointing out yet another area where the show has failed.

Remind me what it is I'm supposed to like about this season. Shootin'? 'Splosions? I can get those plenty of other places that are less dumb.
Old 07-09-14, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

I don't watch Jack Bauer for realism any more than I watch James Bond or Ethan Hunt for it.
Old 07-09-14, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You're making excuses for one of the most incredibly lame plot twists in TV history.
Old 07-09-14, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well played, sir. You have completely annihilated my argument with your rolly-eyes. How could anyone counter such a well-reasoned response?
Old 07-09-14, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I don't watch Jack Bauer for realism any more than I watch James Bond or Ethan Hunt for it.
I can only suspend disbelief so far.
Old 07-09-14, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well played, sir. You have completely annihilated my argument with your rolly-eyes. How could anyone counter such a well-reasoned response?
When people then just move the goal posts when I try to clue them in, I roll my eyes and move on. As I will be now.
Old 07-09-14, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Bingo. No different than Season 1, Season 5, or any other season. To say this season of 24 has been any different than the others in that regard is just ridiculous.
Old 07-09-14, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

I watched Mirrors 24 times. Much more satisfying.
Old 07-24-14, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,628 Likes on 2,603 Posts

Extras announced. Courtesy of Blu-Ray.com. Comes out September 30th.

BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE - "24: Solitary" – story extension to "24: Live Another Day"
"Worlds Collide: When Reality Becomes Fiction" – How the "24: Live Another Day" storyline is ripped from today's headlines
"Destination London" – featurette on shooting in London
"Green Production" – behind-the-scenes piece on the environmental responsible production of "24: Live Another Day"
Deleted and Extended Scenes

24 Solitary I'm assuming is the Tony Almeida extra that was teased.

Sucks that Kiefer and Cassar didn't do any commentary tracks.
Old 07-24-14, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Kiefer mentioned at the ComicCon panel today that they discussed doing a DVD bonus ending that would have Jack pull out a grenade in the helicopter and blow it up...but it never happened. Thank goodness, because I think there's an excellent chance a Season 10 is coming (not next year, but probably in 2016).

Jon Cassar also said they're still thinking about a movie as well.
Old 07-24-14, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Official press release. Confirms the new complete series is DVD only.

For Immediate Release

JACK IS BACK!

EVERY SECOND COUNTS AS
KIEFER SUTHERLAND RETURNS
AS JACK BAUER IN

24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY

ARRIVING ON BLU-RAY AND DVD SEPTEMBER 30

Blu-ray Includes 24: Solitary, The
Shocking Story Extension to Live Another Day

LOS ANGELES, CA (July 24, 2014) - One of television's most critically-acclaimed dramas returns for one more mission as 24: Live Another Day arrives on Blu-ray and DVD September 30 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. Starring Emmy winner Kiefer Sutherland as legendary hero Jack Bauer, the action-packed series follows our hero in real time over 12 episodes as a new terrorist threat unfolds overseas.

The year's most anticipated television event, 24: Live Another Day, delivers more explosive action than viewers could have hoped for! Exiled in London for four years, former Counter Terrorist Unit agent Jack Bauer (Sutherland) must spring into action to try to save U.S. President James Heller (William Devane). In retribution for a drone strike he ordered, Heller sits in the crosshairs of the widow of an al-Qaeda leader. Along the way, Jack faces his ex-love, Heller's daughter Audrey (Kim Raver), who's married to chief of staff Mark Boudreau (Tate Donovan). Teaming with CTU operative-turned-hacktivist Chloe O'Brian (Mary Lynn Rajskub), Jack risks everything to try to protect the U.S., prevent a global terrorist attack and outrun the CIA head (Benjamin Bratt) - as the pulse-quickening tension unfolds in real time!

Deemed one of AFI's "Top Television Series of All Time" and winner 20 Emmy Awards, 24: Live Another Day takes Jack to a foreign land for his most dangerous mission yet. The Blu-ray comes loaded with bonus material including 24: Solitary, an intense story extension of Season Nine. Additionally, both the Blu-ray and DVD include the featurette "When Worlds Collide," illustrating how this thrilling season and the pulse-pounding storytelling stems from today's terrorism and government headlines, "Destination London" focusing on shooting overseas, "Green Production" about the environmentally responsible making of the show and deleted and extended scenes.

Fans who want to experience every second of Jack Bauer's heroism can also pickup, 24: The Complete Series on September 30, which features all nine seasons, including 24: Live Another Day and the TV movie 24: Redemption.

24: Live Another Day Blu-ray & DVD Special Features
BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE - 24: Solitary: story extension to 24: Live Another Day
"Worlds Collide: When Reality Becomes Fiction" - How the v24: Live Another Day storyline is ripped from today's headlines
"Destination London" - featurette on shooting in London
"Green Production" - behind-the-scenes piece on the environmental responsible production of 24: Live Another Day
Deleted and Extended Scenes

24: Live Another Day Blu-ray
Street Date: September 30, 2014
Screen Format: Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HD-MA; Spanish 5.1 DTS
Subtitles English / French / Spanish
U.S. Rating: TV-14
Total Run Time: 574 minutes
Closed Captioned: Yes

"24: Live Another Day" DVD
Audio: English 5.1 Dolby Digital; Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital
Total Run Time: 571 minutes

24: The Complete Series DVD
Audio: English 5.1 Dolby Digital; Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital

About Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment is the industry leading worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company for all Fox produced, acquired and third party partner film and television programing. Each year TCFHE expands its award-winning global product portfolio with the introduction of new entertainment content through established and emerging formats including DVD, Blu-ray and Digital HD. Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment is a subsidiary of 21st Century Fox.

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/20097#ixzz38QMjZXRv
Old 07-24-14, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Confirms the new complete series is DVD only.
This isn't too surprising. Especially with Fox's recent discontinuation rampage.

(Tangentially).

Awhile ago I was hoping there would eventually be a complete series bluray set for Bones. (ie. In the hope that seasons 1 to 3 would eventually be released on bluray). But now with season 9 of Bones being possibly dvd-only, most likely we'll never see a Bones complete series bluray set.
Old 07-24-14, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
So basically a complete Blu-Ray set is out of the question then? Damn. I guess it's just not supportable in the market today
Old 07-24-14, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk God

I have seasons 1-6 on DVD and 7-8 on BD. It sucks to have it split like that, but what can you do?

I'm most definitely going to pick this up. I know 24 doesn't have much replay value after you finish watching it, but I want to continue my support for this show and hopefully my contribution will help inspire a 10th season getting off the ground.
Old 07-24-14, 08:51 PM

I have seasons 1-6 on DVD and 7-8 on BD. It sucks to have it split like that, but what can you do?

I'm most definitely going to pick this up. I know 24 doesn't have much replay value after you finish watching it, but I want to continue my support for this show and hopefully my contribution will help inspire a 10th season getting off the ground.
I have a similar split for shows like House MD. (I'm not going to bother buying the German/UK bluray versions of seasons 1 to 5 of House, due to a lack of replay value for me).

Last edited by morriscroy; 07-24-14 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-24-14, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

I have 1-7 on DVD, and 8 on BD.

I bought Day 7 on DVD before I had a bluray player. I don't double dip, so I won't upgrade it. Actually, after watching Day 7 on the bluray player I have now, it doesn't look bad at all. Once you're engrossed in the plot and action of "24", you quickly forget you're watching a DVD. Of course, I can't say that for all DVDs, but the "24" DVD up-conversion looks pretty good.
Old 07-24-14, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
Once you're engrossed in the plot and action of "24", you quickly forget you're watching a DVD. Of course, I can't say that for all DVDs, but the "24" DVD up-conversion looks pretty good.
I found season 1 of 24 somewhat less than stellar when upscaled.
Old 07-25-14, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Even on my low-end sets, it does still look like the upscale is an upscale, especially when I get closed. Love the film grain though ! But yeah, it's obviously not ever in the cards for the show to get released on Blu with the market in the toilet, so I guess we'll have to make due.
Old 07-26-14, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have the first Complete Series set (DVD), but prebooked Live Another Day on Blu.
Old 07-31-14, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The preorder is up over at Foxconnect. $35, or $17.50 if you can wait for their next sale
Old 08-05-14, 12:00 AM

(On a tangent).

On a similar parallel, so far my strangest split is The Office.

- Seasons 1 to 4, 6, and 8 on dvd.
- Seasons 5 and 7 on bluray. (I'll eventually buy season 9 on bluray).

The reason for this strange split, is that Universal completely dropped the ball on the season 6 and 8 bluray sets. The season 6 packaging was absolutely atrocious where the packaging was warping and scratching the discs, and also some mastering + manufacturing problems. The season 8 discs were double-sided flippers with bluray on one side and the corresponding dvd-copy on the other side, which seemed to have playback problems (ie. lots of skipping, pixelation, etc ...).

After going through several exchanges for both seasons 6 and 8, the new replacement bluray discs were still defective and plagued with playback problems. I had enough and ended up returning the bluray sets, and resigned to buying the dvd versions. Grrrrrr ...

Last edited by morriscroy; 08-05-14 at 12:31 AM.
Old 08-24-14, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk God

http://www.24spoilers.com/2014/08/21...photo-details/

24: Solitary is an upcoming 7 minute “story extension” exclusive to the 24: Live Another Day Blu-Ray set. It features the return of fan favorite character Tony Almeida (Carlos Bernard).

Tony was last seen in the 24 Season 7 finale when he was taken into custody for the attempted murder of Alan Wilson (the man responsible for his wife Michelle’s death). Solitary reveals that he’s been in prison for over five years.

In the photo above you can see that Tony Almeida has longer hair, a scruffy beard, and is wearing an orange prison jumpsuit. Actor Barry Livingston plays the Prison Administrator and actress Michelle C. Bonilla will be playing U.S. Attorney Vanessa Diaz.

This project was filmed in Los Angeles on June 30th and reunites some of the old 24 crew – cinematographer Guy Skinner, production designer Carlos Osorio, and prop master Sterling Rush. It was written by Adam DaSilva and directed by Jordan Goldman.

The short is being produced by Bagg Street Productions and is curiously described as an “exclusive bridge scene” on their website. Could this be bridging the gap between Live Another Day and a possible Day 10?
Old 08-24-14, 08:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
The preorder is up over at Foxconnect. $35, or $17.50 if you can wait for their next sale
I chose to get it now using the 30% off coupon by signing up for their newsletter. It came out to $24.50 shipped, which was decent enough for me since i didn't want to wait.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.