Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Halloween: The Complete Collection is coming to blu-ray

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Halloween: The Complete Collection is coming to blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-14, 05:54 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Re: Halloween: The Complete Collection is coming to blu-ray

Originally Posted by DJariya
Seriously?
nope
Old 09-19-14, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
I'm thinking of canceling the pre-order, because I already have the original, H6, H20, HR Alliance versions. I'd just need to get the Scream Factory versions of II & III. I hate the zombie films and H4 & H5 suck. I can wait to see if they release the Producer's Cut individually at some point. I'd rather free up the $100 for something else.

We'll see.
But the Alliance version are pretty bad quality wise, right? I have had my eyes on that triple pack for awhile, but stopped considering it when I read there might be a better version of each coming from this set. But now I'm back wondering if this wouldn't be the time to pickup the Alliance set real cheap from those looking to dump it. And there are a lot of them out there now compared to just a few months ago.
Old 09-19-14, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
But the Alliance version are pretty bad quality wise, right? I have had my eyes on that triple pack for awhile, but stopped considering it when I read there might be a better version of each coming from this set. But now I'm back wondering if this wouldn't be the time to pickup the Alliance set real cheap from those looking to dump it. And there are a lot of them out there now compared to just a few months ago.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/review/R5TE...SIN=B0034TTKRS
Old 09-19-14, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Not at all. They're all in their proper aspect ratio - I think one is in 1080i, but whoop-dee-fucking-do - it's no big deal. They're all in HD.
Old 09-19-14, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 547 Likes on 340 Posts

My copy shipped finally from Best Buy. I am sitting here wearing a Michael Myers mask in anticipation of the tracking info being updated.
Old 09-19-14, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 156 Likes on 96 Posts

I'm glad I waited. I'll wait for more reviews to come in, and wait for the price to drop before I throw in.
Old 09-19-14, 07:18 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there any difference between the blu ray 15 disc set sold on Amazon.ca for $85 and the one sold on Amazon for about $118?

Tried getting the price matched via emails and chats with amazon representatives, but no dice. Considering getting it from the Amazon.ca site since it's about a $30 savings give or take, but am not sure if there's any differences between the sets???

Any help ... would be GREATLY appreciated.
Old 09-19-14, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bowser
Is there any difference between the blu ray 15 disc set sold on Amazon.ca for $85 and the one sold on Amazon for about $118?

Tried getting the price matched via emails and chats with amazon representatives, but no dice. Considering getting it from the Amazon.ca site since it's about a $30 savings give or take, but am not sure if there's any differences between the sets???

Any help ... would be GREATLY appreciated.
It's the same set. You'll end up paying for shipping, though.
Old 09-19-14, 07:20 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

Originally Posted by stvn1974
My copy shipped finally from Best Buy. I am sitting here wearing a Michael Myers mask in anticipation of the tracking info being updated.
fuck yeah! i get this in time for my 4-day weekend!!
Old 09-19-14, 07:32 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by My Other Self
Thank you. Much appreciated.

I just saw it's lowered to $109 on Amazon. They DID offer me a 'one day shipping' as a resolution for Amazon not being able to match the Amazon.ca price.

Considering the shipping costs from Canada, would just sticking with Amazon's price be a better deal?
Old 09-19-14, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Bowser
Thank you. Much appreciated.

I just saw it's lowered to $109 on Amazon. They DID offer me a 'one day shipping' as a resolution for Amazon not being able to match the Amazon.ca price.

Considering the shipping costs from Canada, would just sticking with Amazon's price be a better deal?
No, because the Canadian version is $96 and changed SHIPPED.
Old 09-19-14, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by stvn1974
Old 09-19-14, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 156 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by My Other Self
The EXACT same set? No funky french lettering on the packaging? Because as much as I like the French I don't want their lettering on my Blu rays and DVDs. It's just...a thing. I like my stuff uniform.
Old 09-19-14, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PatD
The EXACT same set? No funky french lettering on the packaging? Because as much as I like the French I don't want their lettering on my Blu rays and DVDs. It's just...a thing. I like my stuff uniform.
Content wise, it's the same. I'm not sure about the cover art. If the packaging bothers you then don't take the risk and just buy it here in the States I guess.
Old 09-19-14, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PatD
I've picked up a couple Shout Blu-Rays while in Canada, they usually don't have French on them.
Old 09-19-14, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 807 Likes on 681 Posts

After the fiasco with last year's Bruce Lee box, I don't particularly trust Shout Factory on releases until I read multiple reviews. They seem to have adopted the policy of licensing everything they can and let God sort it out.

I was leaning against buying this set since I already own most everything in it. I will now wait until it drops significantly.
Old 09-20-14, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Review is up http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Hallow...104043/#Review & it looks like a lot of these may have been taken from previously released sources just spruced up a bit

Last edited by Rypro 525; 09-20-14 at 02:58 AM.
Old 09-20-14, 10:49 AM

So what i've seen from the blu-ray review. All the movies have english subtitles except for Halloween II and III? Can anyone who has the set verify if this is true?
Also does dosc 15 (bonus disc) have subtltes?
This will come along way for me ordering. I like subtitles. I have the old Halloween II 30th Anniversary edition, that has it. So i will keep that. So it would only leave out III.
Old 09-20-14, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've held off on buying Halloween on Blu-ray for a while now and never even got around to picking it up on DVD, so for around $90 this is a no brainer.
Old 09-20-14, 12:28 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That review certainly doesn't change my mind about getting this set, but I'll be curious to hear if the picture of the Alliance versions of 6, 7, and 8 are better than the ones in this set.
Old 09-20-14, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

I think some people who are cancelling their orders might regret it at some point. This is likely the only time we'll get all the films together in one set as I believe Scream Factory has said that the licensing only goes through 2015 and I doubt anyone else picks up the rights for all the films again anytime soon. That factor plus the new extras and Producers Cut of The Curse of Michael Myers is enough to make this set worth it for me. As for the mixed reviews on the picture quality of The Curse of Michael Myers, H20, and Resurrection to me they don't sound substantially better or worse than previously released versions and let's be honest these aren't films that are likely to get more love from another studio. So while this set may not be perfect it still overall sounds pretty solid and I think its going to be worth owning.
Old 09-20-14, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

^Agreed, I don't think films like Halloween 5 will ever get more love.
Old 09-20-14, 03:12 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
The bluray forums are going absolutely apeshit over every little nitpick with this release: eco cases, one of the Zombie movies has artwork that says it's region 2(it's not), the menu screens don't match, etc.
They are seriously psychotic. Or homeschooled.
Old 09-20-14, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Curious if Halloween 1 disc 1 actually contains the original mono like promised. As the review didn't do a re review
Old 09-20-14, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

My copy of this and The Exorcist Anthology shipped from Amazon so I should have them by Tuesday! Pretty excited for both sets.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.