Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Halloween: The Complete Collection is coming to blu-ray

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Halloween: The Complete Collection is coming to blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-14, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts
Re: Halloween: The Complete Collection is coming to blu-ray

Originally Posted by Guru Askew
You think he's joking.

You can find mentally challenged internet posters on any forum, including this one. It's the "off your meds?" moments that separate DVDtalk from Blu-ray.com.
I know he's not joking because I read those forums, that's why I laughed! I've never seen so many obsessive consumers that have trouble expressing themselves.
Old 08-12-14, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Guru Askew
You can find mentally challenged internet posters on any forum, including this one. It's the "off your meds?" moments that separate DVDtalk from Blu-ray.com.
The difference between DVD Talk and Blu-ray.com is I believe we're at least self-aware of when we're being overly demanding or overly douche-y.

And while I do read Blu-ray.com's forums, mostly everyone there is out of their fucking mind. I believe they're more concerned with the collecting aspect of Blu-rays rather than the films and/or content themselves which goes against the "hive mind" mentality that other forums like DVD Talk, Home Theater Forum, AVSForum, and others pertain to when it comes to this particular topic. There's at least discussions on here before we dissolve into being meta.

What was I saying?

Oh yeah, God forbid the Halloween complete box set doesn't have a slipcover.
Old 08-12-14, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
The difference between DVD Talk and Blu-ray.com is I believe we're at least self-aware of when we're being overly demanding or overly douche-y.

And while I do read Blu-ray.com's forums, mostly everyone there is out of their fucking mind. I believe they're more concerned with the collecting aspect of Blu-rays rather than the films and/or content themselves which goes against the "hive mind" mentality that other forums like DVD Talk, Home Theater Forum, AVSForum, and others pertain to when it comes to this particular topic. There's at least discussions on here before we dissolve into being meta.

What was I saying?

Yeah, they're mouth breathers.
Old 08-12-14, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is that what they're bitching about now?
Old 08-12-14, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

at posts after my last
Old 08-13-14, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

The astounding thing about blu-ray dot com is how you can have a thread consisting of thousands posts where nobody says anything of value. Look at the Halloween boxed set thread as an example.

And when someone does post something interesting they are either ignored or attacked. Too many thin-skinned wankers over there who take things way too personally. Guys will freak out over the dumbest shit. It's like a million little Sheldon Coopers over there.
Old 08-13-14, 09:20 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
The astounding thing about blu-ray dot com is how you can have a thread consisting of thousands posts where nobody says anything of value. Look at the Halloween boxed set thread as an example.

And when someone does post something interesting they are either ignored or attacked. Too many thin-skinned wankers over there who take things way too personally. Guys will freak out over the dumbest shit. It's like a million little Sheldon Coopers over there.
When you realize most of them are between the ages of 12-15 (and it's still summer for them so school is out), you'll understand that site a little better.
Old 08-13-14, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 977 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by Gizmo
When you realize most of them are between the ages of 12-15 (and it's still summer for them so school is out), you'll understand that site a little better.
This.

There are a few decent posters sprinkled throughout and I have no idea how they can tolerate the inanity of 90% of the discussions. My personal pet peeve is the overuse of the smileys. They have their place (I laugh out loud pretty much anytime Hokeyboy busts out the ), but just seeing the "rocking out" or "nervous" smiley makes me want to kick a puppy. I poke around over there because they're obviously way more on top of current events, so to speak, but I can't ever imagine posting.

Oh, and I like Halloween. I might pick up the regular box set if it's cheap enough.
Old 08-13-14, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

I guess I'll be selling the following once this set comes in:

Halloween 35th Anniversary BD.

Halloween 2 and 3 (Scream Factory). I'm going to keep my copy of the Universal version since it has Terror in the Aisles.

Halloween 4 and 5 (Anchor Bay) BD

Halloween Double Feature: The Curse of Michael Myers and H20 BD

Halloween Resurrection BD

Both Rob Zombie Halloween movies, which I own on DVD.

I guess I'm going to keep my original 2-disc Halloween Divimax DVD since I believe some of the features weren't ported over.

I also have the Halloween 4 and 5 SE DVDs from Anchor Bay. Is there any reason why I should keep those? Were there any features that weren't ported over from them? I think I read that 1 commentary from the writer of Halloween 4 wasn't ported over.

How much do you all think I can get for all these? $10-15? Maybe $20?
Old 08-13-14, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I guess I'll be selling the following once this set comes in:

Halloween 35th Anniversary BD.

Halloween 2 and 3 (Scream Factory). I'm going to keep my copy of the Universal version since it has Terror in the Aisles.
If you were to sell them soon, before the big box is available, you may get more than $20 total for juyst the above titles. Especially if the original is the digibook.

Can't see you getting much at all for the others.
Old 08-13-14, 03:08 PM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

I sold my lot of DVDs for $50ish... so you could probably do OK with Blu
Old 08-13-14, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
NEW episodes of HORROR’S HALLOWED GROUNDS - we go back to the filming locations of HALLOWEEN 4, HALLOWEEN 5 (with special guest Don Shanks) and HALLOWEEN: THE CURSE OF MICHAEL MYERS. Plus the original 2005 pilot for Horror's Hallowed Grounds featuring a look at the locations of the original HALLOWEEN.
HORROR’S HALLOWED GROUNDS: Fan Edition – a special episode shot with, and for, the fans as they board a bus tour, during the 35 YEARS OF TERROR convention, and visit the locations of HALLOWEEN (1978), HALLOWEEN II (1981) HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH and HALLOWEEN (2007). Hosted by HHG’s Sean Clark with special guests Dick Warlock, Charles Cyphers, Brian Andrews, Tommy Lee Wallace and Erik Preston.
THIS may have pushed me from "on the fence" to "ok, take my money!"
I know its pretty minor but I love HORROR’S HALLOWED GROUNDS. I love visiting movie locations and these are as close as I have gotten to many of them. Although I did finally make a trek out West last year and saw some Halloween locations in Hollywood and Pasadena.
Old 08-13-14, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,074 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by Darth Maher
I know its pretty minor but I love HORROR’S HALLOWED GROUNDS. I love visiting movie locations and these are as close as I have gotten to many of them. Although I did finally make a trek out West last year and saw some Halloween locations in Hollywood and Pasadena.
I figure you know this but the guy who does those has a usual column in the horror magazine HorrorHound. The article and pictures are always interesting whether I like the movie or not.
Old 08-14-14, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Okay, sold everything today to Secondspin.com

I didn't get very much, but at least it's a little money to put towards the new set and I don't need the duplicates.

I got $17.25 for all the Halloween Blus that I own (not counting the Universal, which I kept). The Scream Factories were probably worth the most. $4 for Part III and $3.50 for Part II.

Plus I sold a few other things for an extra $10.25. So I got roughly $27.50 to put towards the new set. This was probably the best way to get some quick cash.

I don't have the time or patience to sell them on Ebay and cross my fingers that someone may be interested. Ebay is so over-saturated with Used product already.
Old 08-14-14, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

I'm just keeping all my duplicates or maybe will give them to a friend if he doesn't have them. To me it's hardly worth trading or selling most Blu-ray's or DVD's as there's really not a lot to be gained in most instances.
Old 08-14-14, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk God

I didn't get very much, but at least it's a little money to put towards the new set and I don't need the duplicates.

I got $17.25 for all the Halloween Blus that I own (not counting the Universal, which I kept). The Scream Factories were probably worth the most. $4 for Part III and $3.50 for Part II.

Plus I sold a few other things for an extra $10.25. So I got roughly $27.50 to put towards the new set. This was probably the best way to get some quick cash.

I don't have the time or patience to sell them on Ebay and cross my fingers that someone may be interested. Ebay is so over-saturated with Used product already.

So I had not shipped them off yet. I finished packing them around 9pm tonight. After thinking about it for awhile, I decided to keep them after all and deal with having duplicates. The amount I was getting wasn't worth it. Not a biggie.
Old 08-14-14, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

So I had not shipped them off yet. I finished packing them around 9pm tonight. After thinking about it for awhile, I decided to keep them after all and deal with having duplicates. The amount I was getting wasn't worth it. Not a biggie.
Sell on e-bay and have the auction end 9-10 days before halloween, you should do better than that.
Old 08-14-14, 03:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Gizmo
One of them started hitting on me through PM
Old 08-14-14, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

You can easily get much more from them elsewhere. You should get over $10 each for the Scream Factories alone.
Old 08-14-14, 07:52 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Originally Posted by joltman
You can easily get much more from them elsewhere. You should get over $10 each for the Scream Factories alone.
I sold my HII DVD for over $10... you should be able to get atleast that for each of those on a Blu.
Old 08-15-14, 08:57 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's okay to say the Blu-ray.com message boards are an abortion and its members are mentally retarded.
I honestly believe there are legit mutants posting there from basement cages.
Old 08-15-14, 09:23 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by My Other Self
Is that what they're bitching about now?
Last thing I saw that made me want to punch myself in the dick was a guy talking about how he hopes the MENUS ARE RE-DONE.

The fucking menus.

Yes, I punched myself in the dick.
Old 08-15-14, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by Darth Maher
Yeah I like the Horror's Hallowed Ground series too. Definitely some of the best features on a lot of the Scream Factory releases.
Old 08-15-14, 09:51 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Mike86
Yeah I like the Horror's Hallowed Ground series too. Definitely some of the best features on a lot of the Scream Factory releases.
I don't recall seeing any of these before. Is it exclusive to DVD/BLU special features or is it a series that was on TV or the web?
Old 08-16-14, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by tommynorcal
I don't recall seeing any of these before. Is it exclusive to DVD/BLU special features or is it a series that was on TV or the web?
I think they have some episodes on the web, but the ones I've seen are primarily from the special features. They are very fun and informative often doing split screen comparisons of the film vs. the location now. They occasionally meet with cast members who will tour the locations with them, and sometimes, cast members from other films in the series who can't understand why HHG hasn't done an episode about their movie.

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
I figure you know this but the guy who does those has a usual column in the horror magazine HorrorHound. The article and pictures are always interesting whether I like the movie or not.
I may have heard that but never followed up on it. I think I'm going to subscribe to HorrorHound. Seems like something I'd really like. Plus the usual Sean Clark column sounds right up my alley.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.