Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Canadian SUPERCOP Blu-ray: "Uncut"?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-12, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 608 Likes on 447 Posts

On the back of the recent Alliance Blu-ray/DVD combo release of SUPERCOP, under special features, it lists a Michelle Khan interview ( ) and "uncut". The running time listed on the package, which I only glanced at briefly in store, is 91 minutes, which matches the length the edited U.S. version of the film (and the various compromised Echo Bridge versions currently available in the U.S.). I'm guessing the little "uncut" tag is just Alliance being crafty, but I'm wondering if anyone has this version and knows if it might actually be uncut?

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B006TCLA52/

(the Amazon.ca listing says the release is "English"—which is probably a big clue—but I'm still curious . . . )

Last edited by Brian T; 04-30-12 at 10:42 PM.
Old 05-01-12, 08:54 AM

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts
Re: Canadian SUPERCOP Blu-ray: "Uncut"?

Or you could order the Hong Kong release, which is region A and includes English subtitles. Here's a link to a user review on bluray.com:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Police...3/#UserReviews
Old 05-01-12, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 608 Likes on 447 Posts

Thanks, but I already have it (one of the few I bothered with, and the "upgrade" wasn't worth it, but it was 10 bucks downtown, so there's that). Just curious about this release because of that little "uncut" tag on the back cover. I import everything from Hong Kong and fill in the gaps at multiple Chinatowns here, but I thought perhaps others who weren't Hong Kong buffs per se might prefer a version they can buy locally.

Last edited by Brian T; 05-01-12 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-02-12, 03:01 PM

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian T
the "upgrade" wasn't worth it,
That's pretty much what I've heard about a large chunk of older HK films. From what I've read most of them are just upscales.