Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Issue with my new HD TV

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Issue with my new HD TV

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-11, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Issue with my new HD TV

I just bought a 55" Full-HD LED TV (T36 Series, Hisense), and whist its great for the most part, certain channels sometimes have a few frames that seem very sluggish and slow. So I'll be watching something and every now and then the frame rate will move in a very sluggish, slow manner for a few seconds at a time. For example; I'm watching the Tennis on channel One right now and this problem is even more obvious since tennis makes for a fast moving telecast. So its even clearer to detect.

This is the TV I bought - http://www.hisense.com.au/products/t...8/209#features

Like I said I love it for the most part, its just this little buzzing problem annoys me since I didn't have this issue on my previous 32" HD TV. Can anyone help me with this? Is their something I need to adjust or whatever?
Old 12-31-11, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Re: Issue with my new HD TV

link doesnt work. Sounds to me like like you need to turn off the interpolation feature which causes the "soap opera" effect.
Old 12-31-11, 06:20 AM

l had a question about a new HD TV also! Is there anywhere online to get the best settings for a TV without calibrating it yourself? I'm looking for a Panasonic P425S30 but not having much luck.
Old 12-31-11, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T-900
I just bought a 55" Full-HD LED TV (T36 Series, Hisense), and whist its great for the most part, certain channels sometimes have a few frames that seem very sluggish and slow. So I'll be watching something and every now and then the frame rate will move in a very sluggish, slow manner for a few seconds at a time. For example; I'm watching the Tennis on channel One right now and this problem is even more obvious since tennis makes for a fast moving telecast. So its even clearer to detect.

This is the TV I bought - http://www.hisense.com.au/products/t...8/209#features

Like I said I love it for the most part, its just this little buzzing problem annoys me since I didn't have this issue on my previous 32" HD TV. Can anyone help me with this? Is their something I need to adjust or whatever?
In addition to what JZ suggested I'd add that I'll be surprised if you have much luck finding help here. Most members here are in the U.S., and most of us have no experience with the Hisense brand.

Originally Posted by Chet Desmond
l had a question about a new HD TV also! Is there anywhere online to get the best settings for a TV without calibrating it yourself? I'm looking for a Panasonic P425S30 but not having much luck.
Check The AVS forums. They should have a thread about that model.
Old 12-31-11, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chet Desmond
try tweaktv.com
Old 12-31-11, 10:48 AM

Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 01-01-12, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by JZ1276
link doesnt work. Sounds to me like like you need to turn off the interpolation feature which causes the "soap opera" effect.
This version of the link should work

http://www.hisense.com.au/products/t...8/209#features

And what is the interpolation feature? because in the menu all I see is the picture quality setting, the sound quality setting, the screen position settings, the options setting and the parental lock...

I have tried all the picture quality options which range from: user, bright, standard & dymatic, and all of those settings still have the lag problem.

Last edited by T-900; 01-01-12 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-02-12, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to the link you posted, Hisense calls it Vivid Motion. Turn that off if it's turned on. If that doesn't solve the problem you might have a defective set.