Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official Twilight Time Blu-ray Thread

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

The Official Twilight Time Blu-ray Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-16, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 616 Likes on 454 Posts
Re: The Official Twilight Time Blu-ray Thread

Originally Posted by OldBoy
fucking A!!!
It would be nice if TT could borrow some of Arrow's excellent bonus features for REMO WILLIAMS, or at least come up with some new ones to possibly make it worth owning both versions.

http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/remo-williams/
Old 08-16-16, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

TT posted this on FB:

As MGM/UA have advised us they are losing the rights to the movie version of David Mamet's fantastic play, AMERICAN BUFFALO, TT's Blu-ray will be OUT OF PRINT at midnight on September 12th, 2016. As an incentive for last-minute dawdlers who do not yet have this title in their collection, the price is reduced to $14.95 at both www.screenarchives.com and at www.twilighttimemovies.com - now you have no excuses! Don't delay as it's gone in 4 weeks!
Old 08-16-16, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

Will they keep selling the copies they have in stock after that time, or destroy them?
Old 08-16-16, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian T
Probably worth watching it before assuming that. Savant's review of it is a decent primer, too.
Oh sure, but I have too much backlog to actually give an informed opinion.
Old 08-16-16, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Will they keep selling the copies they have in stock after that time, or destroy them?
Depends on the terms of the agreement whether they would destroy them or not, but they would not keep selling the copies after that date.

Luckily, I bought this during the last sale so I'm not concerned. I have no intention of selling but I am curious to see how fast the price rises say six months from now or so.
Old 08-26-16, 01:44 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like Woody Allen's "Crimes and Misdemeanors" is now out-of-print—glad I grabbed one recently. The update on extremely low quantities has the Ray Harryhausen classic, "First Men in the Moon," "Judgment at Nuremburg" and "Sleepless in Seattle" with just 20 copies or less. I debated about "Sleepless in Seattle," but I ultimately decided it wasn't worth $30 and is too mainstream to remain out-of-print. I own the other two titles and highly recommend both. Yes, Twilight Time is expensive but some of their titles are just too precious not to own.

LOW QUANTITY UPDATE FROM SAE:

Titles available at www.screenarchives.com

CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS - SOLD OUT!
SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE - SOLD OUT!
JUDGMENT AT NUREMBERG - fewer than 20 copies remaining
FIRST MEN IN THE MOON - fewer than 20 copies remaining (out of 5,000)
THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO/THUNDERBIRD 6 - fewer than 150 copies remaining
HIGH TIME - fewer than 150 copies remaining SOLD OUT!
THE SONG OF BERNADETTE - fewer than 200 copies remaining SOLD OUT!
IN LIKE FLINT - fewer than 200 copies remaining
THE BLUE LAGOON - fewer than 220 copies remaining
MAJOR DUNDEE - fewer than 300 copies remaining
A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS - fewer than 300 copies remaining
KHARTOUM - fewer than 300 copies remaining
THE MECHANIC - fewer than 350 copies remaining
DEMETRIUS AND THE GLADIATORS - fewer than 450 copies remaining
John Carpenter's VAMPIRES - fewer than 550 copies remaining (out of 5,000) (remaining stock only available at www.twilighttimemovies.com)

Last edited by AaronSch; 08-30-16 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-26-16, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts

I would think Radford's 1984 would have sold out by now, but it isn't even on the low quantity list.
Old 08-26-16, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 978 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I would think Radford's 1984 would have sold out by now, but it isn't even on the low quantity list.
The number of TT titles that actually sell out is relatively low and those that are currently on the low quantity list are for the most part titles that have been available for many years at this point.
Old 08-26-16, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

I missed that Twilight Time is putting out The Three Worlds of Gulliver in December! I'll absolutely be there on day one for that. We're nearing a complete Harryhausen collection on Blu-ray...
Old 08-26-16, 10:15 AM
Banned

Yeah, since I have saved a bundle buying used and exploiting sales, I've been able to justify Twilight Times prices on the precious few I must own. I will be pre-ordering "The Three Worlds of Gulliver" as soon as possible. I hope there is an encore release of "Golden Voyage of Sinbad" and "Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger" at some point. If not I will likely import.

I am extremely anxious about "Moby Dick." I will be shocked if it doesn't sell-out in pre-orders. I may even buy two copies to be safe.
Old 08-26-16, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket1312
The number of TT titles that actually sell out is relatively low and those that are currently on the low quantity list are for the most part titles that have been available for many years at this point.
Oh, yeah, but 1984 is kind of a cult classic that seems like itbwould sell out quickly like Fright Night or the Harryhausen Sinbad films. When 1984 went out of print on DVD many moons ago it was one of those that sold on eBay and Amazon for $100+.
Old 08-27-16, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 651 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Oh, yeah, but 1984 is kind of a cult classic that seems like itbwould sell out quickly like Fright Night or the Harryhausen Sinbad films. When 1984 went out of print on DVD many moons ago it was one of those that sold on eBay and Amazon for $100+.
But 1984, like some other TT titles, is available overseas on BD (usually much cheaper) so it is not such a big deal to pick them up through TT unless the transfer is better or has much better extras (of which both are rare).
Old 08-27-16, 12:25 PM
Banned

Just an update: Sleepless in Seattle is now OOP. If you are a Ray Harryhausen fan you'd better grab "First Men in the Moon" now before it's too late—I woudn't be surpised if it is OOP by Monday. That film looks incredible on Blu-ray.

There's a pretty good chance Sony will see fit to re-release "Sleepless in Seattle" in the near future. It will celebrate its 25th anniversary in 2018.... that's not that far away and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see it get revisited.

Last edited by AaronSch; 08-29-16 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-29-16, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Woof. I missed Crimes & Misdemeanors so I had to order it on eBay for a $20 markup. I went ahead and ordered the other Woody Allen films they have just in case...
Old 08-29-16, 08:11 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

Is Sleepless in Seattle worth the markup? Good replay? I think I only saw it once and remembering liking it, but hard to remember...
Old 08-29-16, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Is Sleepless in Seattle worth the markup? Good replay? I think I only saw it once and remembering liking it, but hard to remember...
I've seen it several times and think it's one of the better romcoms of the '90s. I haven't opened my TT copy, though.
Old 08-29-16, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by davidh777
I've seen it several times and think it's one of the better romcoms of the '90s. I haven't opened my TT copy, though.
For collectors value or just haven't got around to it?
Old 08-29-16, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

For collectors value or just haven't got around to it?
Just haven't gotten around to it. I think the last time I watched it might have been on a road trip.
Old 08-30-16, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sleepless in Seattle has been released in region free editions in at least half a dozen countries. You can probably get the Australian version for $15.
Old 08-30-16, 10:33 AM
Banned

I struggled with whether to buy this one but I think it has a far better chance of re-release than the others. Like I said above, I just had too pass. I have to limit Twilight Time offerings to "must-haves" and I can live without "Sleepless In Seattle."

Sleepless in Seattle has been released in region free editions in at least half a dozen countries. You can probably get the Australian version for $15.
Yeah, that's another consideration to make before plunking down $30 or more via scalpers.

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
Woof. I missed Crimes & Misdemeanors so I had to order it on eBay for a $20 markup. I went ahead and ordered the other Woody Allen films they have just in case...
I'm really glad I grabbed "Crimes and Misdemeanors" along with "Judgment at Nuremburg." I'm shocked that the latter is still available considering its stature and stellar treatment on Blu-ray.

Last edited by AaronSch; 08-30-16 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-30-16, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just an fyi, Arrow is releasing a series of Woody Allen boxsets in the UK, with the first one being released in a few weeks. If you're able to play region B discs, and don't care about isolated scores, these will be a much more affordable (and most likely technically superior) option than the TT versions.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Woody-Allen...len+collection
Old 08-30-16, 09:06 PM
Banned

Just an fyi, Arrow is releasing a series of Woody Allen boxsets in the UK, with the first one being released in a few weeks. If you're able to play region B discs, and don't care about isolated scores, these will be a much more affordable (and most likely technically superior) option than the TT versions.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Woody-Allen...len+collection

Thank you but for a strange reason, I prefer individual keep cases unless the films are sequels. I also own a number of Allen's films already and I'll be picking up TT's "Love and Death," "Zelig," "Purple Rose of Cairo" "Shadows and Fog" and "The Front" in short order.

So far my Woody Allen collection includes the following titles:

Broadway Danny Rose
Crimes and Misdemeanors
Midnight in Paris
Manhattan
Radio Days
Annie Hall
Hannah And Her Sisters
Sleeper
Vickie Christina Barcelona
Old 08-30-16, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by AaronSch
I struggled with whether to buy this one but I think it has a far better chance of re-release than the others. Like I said above, I just had too pass. I have to limit Twilight Time offerings to "must-haves" and I can live without "Sleepless In Seattle."

Yeah, that's another consideration to make before plunking down $30 or more via scalpers.

I'm really glad I grabbed "Crimes and Misdemeanors" along with "Judgment at Nuremburg." I'm shocked that the latter is still available considering its stature and stellar treatment on Blu-ray.
Yeah, I just Vudu'd it. Not worth it with pawltry extras. Great movie but sucky extras for TT is their motto...
Old 09-01-16, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

Good lord they are taking forever to ship my order from August 17, I ordered over $400 worth of product and paid for priority shipping (still shows as Pending). At least two of the blu rays I ordered have since gone OOP or sold out (one of them being The Song Of Bernadette, and the autographed copy of I Could Go On Singing is obviously no longer available). I will be frustrated if the autographed blu does not ship with my order (they should let me know ahead of time if it is no longer available to ship with my order, so I can cancel my order for the blus I used to qualify for this blu ray).

Anyone else still waiting forever and a day for confirmation that your order has shipped?
Old 09-01-16, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 600 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by Inhumans99
Good lord they are taking forever to ship my order from August 17, I ordered over $400 worth of product and paid for priority shipping (still shows as Pending). At least two of the blu rays I ordered have since gone OOP or sold out (one of them being The Song Of Bernadette, and the autographed copy of I Could Go On Singing is obviously no longer available). I will be frustrated if the autographed blu does not ship with my order (they should let me know ahead of time if it is no longer available to ship with my order, so I can cancel my order for the blus I used to qualify for this blu ray).

Anyone else still waiting forever and a day for confirmation that your order has shipped?
Over reacting a bit. You ordered the autograph and paid for it. You'll get it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.