Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official Twilight Time Blu-ray Thread

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

The Official Twilight Time Blu-ray Thread

Old 04-08-12, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Official Twilight Time Blu-ray Thread

With The Big Heat due on May 8th, I'm surprised there's no pre-order link yet. Anyone know how early one's likely to appear?
Old 04-08-12, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 419 Posts

TT posted on their FB page.... April 13th 4p est, this and Journey will go up at that time
Old 04-08-12, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by whotony
TT posted on their FB page.... April 13th 4p est, this and Journey will go up at that time
Excellent. Thanks!
Old 04-10-12, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blu-ray.com review of Desiree
Old 04-11-12, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Blu-ray.com review of Bell, Book and Candle
Old 04-11-12, 12:55 PM

Copied and Paster from Twilight Time's FB page:

SALES PROMOTION COMMENCES FRIDAY, APRIL 13th at 4 pm EST.
Just wanted to give the heads-up to all our dedicated followers on FB -- starting this Friday with the pre-orders of "Journey to the Center of the Earth" and "The Big Heat" we wanted to alert you all to the following from SAE:

April 10 - Twilight Time’s next 2 Blu-ray releases JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH (1959) and THE BIG HEAT (1953) will go live April 13th at 4pm EST. As a bonus, there will be a limited 100 signed copies of Journey to the Center of the Earth by Pat Boone! This will be an additional product page with the same price and will denote “Autographed” for interested customers.

Also:

Beginning Friday at the same time as our 2 new Blu-ray releases go live, buy $85 dollars worth of Twilight Time product and receive your choice of 1 of the following 5 DVDs FREE with your purchase! To qualify you MUST include “Please add Free [title] DVD” in the order notes field on the final page of checkout on www.screenarchives.com

THE KREMLIN LETTER
VIOLENT SATURDAY
WOMAN OBSESSED
THE EGYPTIAN (DVD only)
MY COUSIN RACHEL

This promotion ends at the close of business on May 10th.

Since I was going to buy Mysterious Island, Journey to the Center of the Earth and Big Heat at once to save on shipping, I may as well cash in on a free DVD while I'm at it. I wish I could get $20 off of the Egyptian blu instead but since I can't I think I'll pick My Cousin Rachel or Violent Saturday.
Old 04-11-12, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay, I guess I'm not waiting on Journey.
Old 04-11-12, 01:38 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

expect TT's server to overload and crash on Friday afternoon ...
Old 04-11-12, 01:56 PM

I've seen quite a few posters at blu-ray.com speculate that Journey is going to sell out really fast. What do you guys think? I thought Fright Night had a huge buzz about it and horror fans are as dedicated as you'll find and it still took a few weeks (unless you think a few weeks IS fast) for it sell out.
Old 04-11-12, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mike UFC
I've seen quite a few posters at blu-ray.com speculate that Journey is going to sell out really fast. What do you guys think? I thought Fright Night had a huge buzz about it and horror fans are as dedicated as you'll find and it still took a few weeks (unless you think a few weeks IS fast) for it sell out.
As always, I say better safe than sorry for something you really want. Fright Night did sell out much faster than I thought it would, and a whole lot of collectors took notice... as a result, I wouldn't be surprised if Journey is gone even faster. I am much more excited about getting The Big Heat, but I will definitely be pre-ordering both on Friday.
Old 04-11-12, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giles
expect TT's server to overload and crash on Friday afternoon ...
...Again. I'll be ready for my Pat Boone autograph at 4 PM sharp!
Old 04-13-12, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Site is futzed.
Old 04-13-12, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by whotony
Site is futzed.
Yup. How did I know this would happen? *sigh*
Old 04-13-12, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.c...enarchives.com

comlpetely out so maybe no one got in.
Old 04-13-12, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Working now. get'em while you can.

the signed Journey is still there.
Old 04-13-12, 04:48 PM

It took some time but I got a signed Journey as well.
Old 04-13-12, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

...and now sold out.
Old 04-13-12, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, that took awhile, but Journey and Heat are both pre-ordered... have no use for a Pat Boone autograph, so I am happy.
Old 04-14-12, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Figures - I spent 90 minutes clicking the refresh button, only to have their crummy website finally start functioning 15 minutes after I log off.
Old 04-21-12, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I stopped paying attention to Twilight Time after breaking down and buying The Kremlin Letter and Violent Saturday, but do they ever have sales or discount codes? Their prices are insane for what they provide in terms of quality and features.
Old 04-21-12, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BambooLounge
I stopped paying attention to Twilight Time after breaking down and buying The Kremlin Letter and Violent Saturday, but do they ever have sales or discount codes? Their prices are insane for what they provide in terms of quality and features.
There was a code floating around recently for $10 off a $50 purchase, but I believe that recently expired.

Don't know if you've seen any of their BD releases, but most of those have been exceptional quality-wise. Of course, like most boutique labels they are at the mercy of whatever transfers the studios license to them. Demetrius and the Gladiators is the only BD title I'm aware of that got a lot of brickbats for PQ. I own six of their BDs and haven't been disappointed yet.

Extras are indeed minimal and prices are high, as you say. Basically, one has to decide for themselves if a practically barebones, high-quality disc of a vault title is worth the price or not.

Bottom line is, the studios are bailing on some of these catalog titles so if you want it on BD, it's this or nada.
Old 04-21-12, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Blu-ray.com
Independent label Twilight Time, which has licensing rights to both Fox and Columbia titles in those studios' high definition assets catalogs, has announced their releases for July and August of this year. On July 10th, Twilight Time will release 1965's Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines and 1944's Cover Girl (with Rita Hayworth). On August 14th, the label will release 1960's High Time (directed by Blake Edwards, and including the Oscar nominated standard "The Second Time Around") as well as the 1963 film adaptation of the hit Broadway musical Bye Bye Birdie.
I'll likely buy Cover Girl.
Old 04-21-12, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 750 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by BambooLounge
Originally Posted by Superdaddy
There was a code floating around recently for $10 off a $50 purchase, but I believe that recently expired.
Just to add to this, I think many of the coupons that Twilight Time have offered are only eligible if you've previously ordered from them before. Yes, I understand that means BambooLounge would be eligible, but I just thought it was worth mentioning for others.
Old 04-21-12, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by clckworang
Just to add to this, I think many of the coupons that Twilight Time have offered are only eligible if you've previously ordered from them before. Yes, I understand that means BambooLounge would be eligible, but I just thought it was worth mentioning for others.
Thanks much, forgot about that.

Hmmmm...nothing in their July or August slate is screaming "must have" to me. I'm getting The Big Heat but after that, it looks like my wallet gets a TT break for the summer.
Old 04-21-12, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Superdaddy

Don't know if you've seen any of their BD releases, but most of those have been exceptional quality-wise. Of course, like most boutique labels they are at the mercy of whatever transfers the studios license to them. Demetrius and the Gladiators is the only BD title I'm aware of that got a lot of brickbats for PQ. I own six of their BDs and haven't been disappointed yet.

Extras are indeed minimal and prices are high, as you say. Basically, one has to decide for themselves if a practically barebones, high-quality disc of a vault title is worth the price or not.

Bottom line is, the studios are bailing on some of these catalog titles so if you want it on BD, it's this or nada.
Just an unfortunate situation that legitimate classics like The Big Heat are being released through TT instead of getting criterion treatment or at least a major studio release. So hard spending $30 on a single title. I guess I'll wait around for a special or sale and buy in bulk at that time.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.