Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Re-Animator on Blu-Ray Soon

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Re-Animator on Blu-Ray Soon

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-15, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts
Re: Re-Animator on Blu-Ray Soon

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
Thanks for all the info guys. What was the original price for the German Mediabook version? I am going to try to track down a copy of it since the picture quality is the best of the bunch.

I never was a big fan of Bride but I may go ahead and pick up a copy of it as well since the price on it hasn't jumped up yet. Though I don't know if I should wait to see what Arrow is going to do with it. So get one or wait on Arrow? I can't seem to find any info on the upcoming Arrow version except that they plan to release it.
I think the list price was something like 30 euros. As far as Bride, there's no info yet except that they're releasing it. It's definitely not being released this year. Whether it's released early or late next year is just a guess at this point. I have faith that it will be the best version but if you want it sooner, then I would go with the German mediabook.
Old 09-22-15, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Is the PQ on the German version really that much better than the UK version? When I look at screenshots, the UK looks a little brighter, but otherwise it looks the same.
Old 09-23-15, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by joltman
Is the PQ on the German version really that much better than the UK version? When I look at screenshots, the UK looks a little brighter, but otherwise it looks the same.
Haven't sat down and watched the UK disc all the way thru, but from just chapter skipping around and viewing a few extended scenes here and there I'm happy and fully satisfied with the Second Sight release and saw no problems with it. The German may in fact be better, but to me it amounts to splitting hairs from what I can see.