Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Miramax's HALLOWEEN/CHILDREN OF THE CORN/HELLRAISERs coming to Blu via Echo Bridge

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Miramax's HALLOWEEN/CHILDREN OF THE CORN/HELLRAISERs coming to Blu via Echo Bridge

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-11, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Miramax's HALLOWEEN/CHILDREN OF THE CORN/HELLRAISERs coming to Blu via Echo Bridg

Anyone pick up or find Dracula 2000 or Duplex / My Boss's Daughter?
Old 05-10-11, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Miramax's HALLOWEEN/CHILDREN OF THE CORN/HELLRAISERs coming to Blu via Echo Bridg

Originally Posted by shacmasta
Anyone pick up or find Dracula 2000 or Duplex / My Boss's Daughter?
Duplex/my boss's daughter double feature is next week.
I have mine ordered from amazon 13.99 shipped
havent looked to see what the current price is.

I was mad at myself last week, I forgot i had placed a pre order for that crappy Halloween H20 Disc, back when i thought i would sell or trade my canadian trilogy import, before it was known that Echo bridge really screwed up the release,. I thought i had canceled it but I hadnt and it showed up last week, luckily i was able to trade it off tonight for a movie that i wanted, that cost more tha H20 did in the first place.
So glad I hadnt traded or sold my import because compared to the echo bridge release, the Alliance one is awesome.
Old 05-11-11, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone find Children of the Corn III or the double pack of V & VI? I think Amazon lists this as next week, but Best Buy lists it as this week (though they also say it's backordered)
Old 05-11-11, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by The Monkees
Anyone find Children of the Corn III or the double pack of V & VI? I think Amazon lists this as next week, but Best Buy lists it as this week (though they also say it's backordered)
All of the double paks are definately next week.
Old 05-15-11, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Hellraiser: Bloodline

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Hellra.../22170/#Review

Someone else who had the R1 release of the film probably is a better judge to compare/contrast. I only own the German Hardbox of the film, mostly because it contained the Workprint Version. The transfer on the Theatrical Cut of the film is so-so in that set.

From Dusk Till Dawn/From Dusk Till Dawn 2

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/From-D.../22220/#Review
Old 05-16-11, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

Is there more than one version of Mimic? Bought the cheaper version from Amazon Canada. They have another version that's backordered and alot more expensive.
Old 05-16-11, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life
Is there more than one version of Mimic? Bought the cheaper version from Amazon Canada. They have another version that's backordered and alot more expensive.
The more expensive listing on Amazon CA is the Australian BD Release.

The one you ordered was the Canadian BD Release.
Old 05-19-11, 07:41 PM

I actually bought the Hellraiser: Bloodline and Hellraiser: Inferno Blu-Ray 2-fer and amazingly it's not all that bad. Yes the 2.0 only audio blows but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the picture. Beats the crap out of the DVDs that's for sure.

No extras at all but I wasn't expecting any and of course Bloodline is still the Alan Smithee hack job but again, I was expecting that.

If you really need these films I have to say this is the best I've seen them for sure.
Old 05-20-11, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hellraiser: Bloodline/Hellraiser: Inferno Review:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Hellra.../22221/#Review

Equilibrium Review:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Equili.../22168/#Review

I really shouldn't have kept my hopes up for Equilibrium, but Echo Bridge couldn't even get the OAR right. Probably used the same master from the Alliance Release (which was also 1:78:1)
Old 05-20-11, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I may pick up that Hellraiser double feature since it sounds like they're both better than the DVD. Still sucks the audio is only 2.0 though.
Old 06-09-11, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to bump this thread with more announcements from Echo Bridge:

August 8th, 2011
Dead Man (sigh, this could've been a Criterion)
The Lookout (will probably be a downgrade from the original Buena Vista BD)
The Prophecy 3: The Ascent
Twin Dragons (currently available in a double feature with Supercop)

July 5th, 2011
Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood
From Dusk Till Dawn 3: The Hangman's Daughter
Hellraiser: Hellworld
Old 06-09-11, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone see Echo Bridge's Dead Man DVD? I mean, at least the film is 1.85:1, so it won't be over-cropped. If Miramax provides a good print, maybe that one will be okay?
Old 06-10-11, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Just to bump this thread with more announcements from Echo Bridge:

The Lookout (will probably be a downgrade from the original Buena Vista BD)
I spent more than I wanted to and went ahead and bought the OOP Miramax/Disney release before it dries up further. The Echo Bridge double feature with The Yards and The Lookout had it (The Lookout) modified to ~1.78:1, 2.0 audio and no extras so I have no hope their stand alone release will be any better.
Old 06-10-11, 03:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

they better not fuck up DEAD MAN
Old 06-10-11, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I just glanced at Dead Man on Netflix Instant in HD (the Instant HD streams of Pulp Fiction and From Dusk Till Dawn appear to be the same ones that Echo Bridge used) and it looks alright. Didn't leap off the screen at me, but it looks more defined than I would expect a DVD to look.
Old 06-10-11, 12:20 PM

I saw Don't Be a Menace at best buy today. It is 1080i, but has special features.
Old 06-15-11, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by godzilla rules
I saw Don't Be a Menace at best buy today. It is 1080i, but has special features.
According to Blu-ray.com, the disc may be 1080i, but has a DTS HD-MA 5.1 track (whereas the back cover lists 2.0 stereo) and maintains all bonus features from the previous Miramax Unrated DVD... yet is only the theatrical cut (despite the wording "Director's Cut" on the back packaging).
Old 07-16-11, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
According to Blu-ray.com, the disc may be 1080i, but has a DTS HD-MA 5.1 track (whereas the back cover lists 2.0 stereo) and maintains all bonus features from the previous Miramax Unrated DVD... yet is only the theatrical cut (despite the wording "Director's Cut" on the back packaging).
Got this the other day and glad it has 5.1 on it, was going to be pissed as the dvd probably has 5.1 and there is no excuse for a blu-ray to have 2.0. Echo bridge is pretty much just a fuck up of a company arent they? They can't get the features right on the box, add shit like directors cut when it isn't. Seems to me they have no business doing blu-rays.
Old 07-28-11, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dvdactive on DEAD MAN (along with THE LOOKOUT and FROM DUSK TIL DAWN)

unless criterion manages to get their hands on DEAD MAN i doubt we'll ever see a better release.

they've also opened up THE LOOKOUT to 1.78:1 so if you're a fan of them film you better hurry and try to find a copy of the buena vista release. fuckers.
Old 07-28-11, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I would say that "The Lookout" is more cropped on the sides than opened up, although it is slightly opened up.
Old 07-28-11, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Lookout was shot on Super 35mm. Unlike H20 where they just removed the mattes and called it a day, The Lookout both opens and crops material out.
Old 08-11-11, 05:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Havent watched it yet, but was very surprised to see that Deadman actually had special features in the form of some deleted scenes and a music video.
Old 08-11-11, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Yeah, Dead Man is the closest thing Echo Bridge has to a good release: marginal uptick in A/V quality, and the extras from the DVD.
Old 03-15-12, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Good News: According to someone in the AVS forum, Equilibrium will be released on April 17th in it's correct aspect ratio of 2.35:1 with lossless audio.

Bad News: It along with 2 other movies will be stuffed on to a single disc in this 6 movie 2 disc set
Old 03-16-12, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

And looks like some of those other movies will be in the wrong ratio, unless they went back and fixed them. I was hoping this thread being bumped back up was news that Echo Bridge's discs weren't selling so they were either going to go out of business or start improving.

I got the "From Dusk Til Dawn" 4-movie disc just out of morbid curiosity, haven't had time to watch any of the movies yet but checking them they don't look as bad as I expected, seeing it's about 6 hours total on one dual-layer disc. Likewise for the Ernest double feature which has 2 90-minute movies on a single layer- a dual-layer disc would have fit those fine. From what I saw of these, compression on over the air HD TV is still worse.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.