Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Miramax's HALLOWEEN/CHILDREN OF THE CORN/HELLRAISERs coming to Blu via Echo Bridge

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Miramax's HALLOWEEN/CHILDREN OF THE CORN/HELLRAISERs coming to Blu via Echo Bridge

Old 03-31-11, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Miramax's HALLOWEEN/CHILDREN OF THE CORN/HELLRAISERs coming to Blu via Echo Bridg

Haven't popped it in but will be in a few minutes since i really wanna see the film for a while. But going by the back of the box, No special features

:Full High Definition 1080p
-16x9 (1.78:1)

:Audio
-English 2.0 stereo

Smart Menu Technology
Old 04-01-11, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Miramax's HALLOWEEN/CHILDREN OF THE CORN/HELLRAISERs coming to Blu via Echo Bridg

Just finished watching "The Yards", No extras and most importantly to me, No Closed Captioning
Old 04-01-11, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by shacmasta
Just finished watching "The Yards", No extras and most importantly to me, No Closed Captioning
We're the spec you listed an error? If not, you can just toss all of these Echo Bridge titles into the trash.

Yards was originally 2.35 and 5.1.

fitprod
Old 04-01-11, 09:00 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

No lossless? Wow, bargain bin all the way.
Old 04-01-11, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So... compromised OAR, no lossless, no extras, no subs...

Fantastic. Fucking fantastic.
Old 04-01-11, 10:16 AM

Here's hoping that was an early April Fools joke.
Old 04-01-11, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BankytheHack
Here's hoping that was an early April Fools joke.
Damn interwebs!
Old 04-03-11, 10:28 PM

Looks like the doom is true. A poster at another forum picked up a copy of "The Crow: City of Angels" and took a picture of the back. No special features, and that dreaded 2.0 stereo. Echo Bridge should be ashamed of themselves.
Old 04-03-11, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by BankytheHack
Looks like the doom is true. A poster at another forum picked up a copy of "The Crow: City of Angels" and took a picture of the back. No special features, and that dreaded 2.0 stereo. Echo Bridge should be ashamed of themselves.
No it should actually be Dimension that should be ashamed of themselves for not giving Echo Bridge the elements.

fitprod
Old 04-03-11, 11:49 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by fitprod
No it should actually be Dimension that should be ashamed of themselves for not giving Echo Bridge the elements.

fitprod
And if Alliance released it, we would have had a 5.1 Lossless. Blame Echo. All the Halloweens had 5.1 Lossless in Canada. Will Echo?
Old 04-03-11, 11:55 PM
Suspended

The best part is the DVD was 5.1.
Old 04-04-11, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

If these are actually the dumps I think they'll be, there is absolutely no point in them even being released. Hell, I'd pay $15 for barebones editions of Halloween 6, H20 and FDTD as long as they had solid transfers and lossless audio.
Old 04-04-11, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Like I said, The worst part is the fact that there's no subtitles, especially considering how bad the audio is and that at least 75% of the movie everyone is whispering to each other. Which just makes for a horrible viewing experience. The Blu-ray is beyond bare bones. 10 bucks was far too much for this...
Old 04-04-11, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts

Originally Posted by fitprod
Dimension and Miramax don't really exist as companies any more, they're owned by a holding company that is exploiting their assets in order to make a quick buck. And they're doing this by licensing their assets out to a company that exists to flood mass market retailers with bargain basement DVDs. It shouldn't be surprising that it's a bunch of substandard crap.

Hell, even when Miramax and Dimension were part of the Disney empire, releasing quality DVDs never seemed like a priority... look at all of the non-anamorphic, barebones DVDs they released (usually at a $30-$40 MSRP!) during DVD's heyday. Even the double-dips of "Scream" and "From Dusk Till Dawn" didn't get anamorphic transfers.
Old 04-04-11, 08:45 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Willh51
If these are actually the dumps I think they'll be, there is absolutely no point in them even being released. Hell, I'd pay $15 for barebones editions of Halloween 6, H20 and FDTD as long as they had solid transfers and lossless audio.
Canada say's "Hi".
Old 04-04-11, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Canada say's "Hi".
Exactly, the more news I hear about these releases the more glad I am that I bought the canadian Halloween triple feature when it was released. I had initially ordered Dracula 2000 but have since cancelled it and bought the canadian bluray.
Old 04-04-11, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Canada say's "Hi".
I need to get that Halloween 3-pack at least.
Old 04-04-11, 10:31 PM

Not excited for any of these at all.

Should have expected it from EB.
Old 04-04-11, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Dimension and Miramax don't really exist as companies any more, they're owned by a holding company that is exploiting their assets in order to make a quick buck. And they're doing this by licensing their assets out to a company that exists to flood mass market retailers with bargain basement DVDs. It shouldn't be surprising that it's a bunch of substandard crap.

Hell, even when Miramax and Dimension were part of the Disney empire, releasing quality DVDs never seemed like a priority... look at all of the non-anamorphic, barebones DVDs they released (usually at a $30-$40 MSRP!) during DVD's heyday. Even the double-dips of "Scream" and "From Dusk Till Dawn" didn't get anamorphic transfers.
you are actually wrong in regards to Dimension, it is still a actual company. As it went with the weinsteins when they seperated from Disney, and they are still producing a decent slate of movies.
such as Scream 4 comming out next week, Apollo 18 a week latter and and spy kids 4 comming this summer among other titles.

Last edited by AmityBoatTours; 04-04-11 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-05-11, 09:27 AM
Suspended

The worst looking one is the Blu-ray.

http://www.ghoulbasement.com/2011/04...-1992-dvd.html
Old 04-05-11, 10:07 AM

I got the echo bridge Hellraiser 3-5 on SD. #3 was full screen, poor transfer, and -as far as I can tell - all three had 2.0 stereo.

I know I am commenting on SD and not HD, but this is not a company that seems to have quality of video or audio as a high priority.

From what I read here, the Blu-ray version of #3 was actually a stretched version of the full frame SD I have? if so, then that is truly remarkable.
Old 04-05-11, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The worst looking one is the Blu-ray.

http://www.ghoulbasement.com/2011/04...-1992-dvd.html
Well, to be fair the worst looking one is a DVD, but I don't expect their BD quality to rival those images by much. I'm sure these will be horrendous, and I'll be pissed that I have to pass on them.
Old 04-05-11, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I poked around on the blu-ray.com forums and they confirmed everything we suspected: all the titles are 1.78:1 (whether that's the OAR or not) and have 2.0 tracks.

I'm passing on everything they put out. Miramax should be ashamed this is how their catalog is being treated.
Old 04-05-11, 01:18 PM

saw H20 at best buy for 9.99, but i figured my dvd is probably better
Old 04-05-11, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

apparently theres a picture of rebecca gayheart on the back of FDTD

Spoiler:
she wasn't in the film

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.