Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official Arrow Films 4K/Blu-ray Discussion and Release Thread

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

The Official Arrow Films 4K/Blu-ray Discussion and Release Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-17, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: The Official Arrow Blu-ray Thread

Anyone get shipping notice yet on House from Amazon UK?
Old 04-24-17, 08:35 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I got mine, but I preordered from Amazon UK. Took 10 days from dispatch to delivery.
Old 04-25-17, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Anyone get shipping notice yet on House from Amazon UK?
I looked up my order and it now has a dispatch date of May 8th, so it sounds like Amazon is squeezing more copies out of Arrow. I'll believe it when I see it shipped.
Old 04-25-17, 01:12 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 907 Likes on 767 Posts

this Donnie Darko set is really nice. nice girth and weight and excellent looking book. discs are a little bit different in how to get out. A little hard, but complaints can be made on anything, I suppose. can't wait to dive into DC again. it was late in shipping from Amazon so i got a $15 GC. essentially cost me $15 for set...

Which cut do you all prefer?

Last edited by OldBoy; 04-25-17 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-25-17, 08:18 PM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Theatrical.

The director's cut sucks in comparison.
Old 04-25-17, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by dex14
Theatrical.

The director's cut sucks in comparison.
Really? I haven't seen either one since they were both released respectively. Don't remember anything different or otherwise. Don't remember much actually but know I loved the TE when I first saw it...
Old 04-25-17, 09:14 PM

Directors cut changes around a bunch of music and takes away all the ambiguity.
Old 04-25-17, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

I love the Theatrical Cut. In that set, having the 4K Restoration of the Theatrical Cut was the main selling point for me.
Old 04-26-17, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by asianxcore
I love the Theatrical Cut. In that set, having the 4K Restoration of the Theatrical Cut was the main selling point for me.
Same here.
Old 04-26-17, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, Director's Cut sucks.
Old 04-28-17, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Re-Animator! At last!
Old 04-29-17, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
These are different films that came after the first series. This is the NEW Battles.
Thanks dex14!
Old 05-12-17, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

NEW UK/US TITLE: The Slayer (Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD)
The Slayer finally rises from the ashes of obscurity in a brand new 4K transfer courtesy of Arrow Video.
Pre-order in the UK via Arrow: http://bit.ly/2r9t2Ab
Pre-order in the UK via Amazon: http:///2r9sZnZ
Pre-order in the US: http://bit.ly/2r9yYsP
Release dates: 21/22 August
IS IT A NIGHTMARE? OR IS IT… THE SLAYER?
One of the most sought-after titles for slasher fans everywhere, The Slayer finally rises from the ashes of obscurity in a brand new 4K transfer courtesy of Arrow Video.
Two young couples set off to a secluded island for what promises to be a restful retreat. But the peace is short-lived: as a storm batters the island, troubled artist Kay begins to sense that a malevolent presence is here with them, stalking them at every turn. Is she losing her mind, or are her childhood nightmares of a demonic assailant coming to terrifying life?
Previously only available on home video in truncated or full screen versions, The Slayer – whose nightmares-seeping-into-reality theme predates a certain Wes Craven classic by several years – comes lovingly restored from the original negative in a stunning transfer that will be a revelation to fans both old and new.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original negative
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
• Original Uncompressed Mono Audio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Brand new interviews with cast and crew
• Original Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Justin Osbourn
FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector’s booklet featuring new liner notes by writer Lee Gambin

NEW UK/US TITLE: Don’t Torture a Duckling (Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD)
One of the most powerful and unsettling giallo thrillers ever produced
Pre-order in the UK via Arrow: http://bit.ly/2r9DXtx
Pre-order in the UK via Amazon: http:///2r9R12f
Pre-order in the US: http://bit.ly/2r9PpWe
Release dates: 14/15 August
From Lucio Fulci, the godfather of gore (The Psychic, The Beyond), comes one of the most powerful and unsettling giallo thrillers ever produced: his 1972 masterpiece Don’t Torture a Duckling.
When the sleepy rural village of Accendura is rocked by a series of murders of young boys, the superstitious locals are quick to apportion blame, with the suspects including the local “witch”, Maciara (Florinda Bolkan, A Lizard in a Woman’s Skin). With the bodies piling up and the community gripped by panic and a thirst for bloody vengeance, two outsiders – city journalist Andrea (Tomas Milian, The Four of the Apocalypse) and spoilt rich girl Patrizia (Barbara Bouchet, The Red Queen Kills Seven Times) – team up to crack the case. But before the mystery is solved, more blood will have been spilled, and not all of it belonging to innocents...
Deemed shocking at the time for its brutal violence, depiction of the Catholic Church and themes of child murder and paedophilia, Don’t Torture a Duckling is widely regarded today as Fulci's greatest film, rivalling the best of his close rival Dario Argento. Arrow Video is proud to present this uniquely chilling film in its North American high definition debut.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
• Original mono Italian and English soundtracks (lossless on the Blu-ray Disc)
• English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
• New audio commentary by Troy Howarth, author of So Deadly, So Perverse: 50 Years of Italian Giallo Films
• The Blood of Innocents, a new video discussion with Mikel J. Koven, author of La Dolce Morte: Vernacular Cinema and the Italian Giallo Film
• Hell is Already in Us, a new video essay by critic Kat Ellinger
• Interviews with co-writer/director Lucio Fulci, actor Florinda Bolkan, cinematographer Sergio D’Offizi, assistant editor Bruno Micheli and assistant makeup artist Maurizio Trani
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Timothy Pittides
FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector’s booklet with new writing on the film by Barry Forshaw and Howard Hughes

NEW UK/US TITLE: Ronin (Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD)
From director John Frankenheimer comes Ronin, a pulse-pounding, action-packed crime thriller featuring an all-star cast headlined by Robert De Niro and Jean Reno
Pre-order in the UK via Arrow: http://bit.ly/2r9yrat
Pre-order in the UK via Amazon: http:///2r9DJmb
Pre-order in the US: http://bit.ly/2r9qtOh
Release dates: 14/15 August
RONIN. Noun, historical. A samurai who no longer serves a daimyo, or feudal lord.
From director John Frankenheimer (Reindeer Games, The Manchurian Candidate) comes Ronin, a pulse-pounding, action-packed crime thriller featuring an all-star cast headlined by Robert De Niro (Taxi Driver, Heat) and Jean Reno (Léon: The Professional).
On a rain-swept night in Paris, an international crack team of professional thieves assembles, summoned by a shady crime syndicate fronted by the enigmatic Deirdre (Natascha McElhone, The Devil’s Own). Their mission: to steal a heavily guarded briefcase from armed mobsters, its contents undisclosed. But what begins as a routine heist soon spirals into chaos, with the group beset by a series of double-crosses and constantly shifting allegiances, and it falls to world-weary former CIA strategist Sam (De Niro) and laconic Frenchman Vincent (Reno) to hold the mission together.
A latter-day return to form for Frankenheimer, the film evokes the same gritty milieu as classic 70s crime fare like The French Connection, in addition to anticipating the early 21st century trend towards more grounded, realistic action movies, exemplified by the likes of the Bourne franchise. Arrow Video is proud to present Ronin in a brand new, cinematographer-approved 4K restoration, allowing this jewel in the crown of 90s thriller cinema to shine like never before.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• Brand new 4K restoration of the film from the original camera negative produced by Arrow Video exclusively for this release, supervised and approved by director of photography Robert Fraisse
• Original English 5.1 audio (lossless on the Blu-ray Disc)
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Audio commentary by director John Frankenheimer
• Brand new video interview with director of photography Robert Fraisse
• Paul Joyce documentary on Robert De Niro
• Ronin: Filming in the Fast Lane, an archival behind-the-scenes featurette
• Through the Lens, an archival interview with Robert Fraisse
• The Driving of Ronin, an archival featurette on the film’s legendary car stunts
• Natascha McElhone: An Actor’s Process, an archival interview with the actress
• Composing the Ronin Score, an archival interview with composer Elia Cmiral
• In the Ronin Cutting Room, an archival interview with editor Tony Gibbs
• Venice Film Festival interviews with Robert De Niro, Jean Reno and Natascha McElhone
• Alternate ending
• Theatrical trailer
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jacob Phillips
FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector’s booklet illustrated by Chris Malbon, featuring new writing on the film by critic Travis Crawford

NEW UK/US TITLE: Erik the Conqueror (Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD)
Mario Bava’s swashbuckling epic of treachery, heroism and forbidden love!
Pre-order in the UK: http://bit.ly/2r9vqXn
Pre-order in the US: http://bit.ly/2r9AxqG
Release dates: 28/29 August
In 1961, director Mario Bava (Rabid Dogs, Kill Baby Kill) turned his hand to the historical adventure genre, capitalising on the recent success of 1958’s Kirk Douglas vehicle The Vikings. The result was a colourful, swashbuckling epic of treachery, heroism and forbidden love: Erik the Conqueror.
In 786 AD, the invading Viking forces are repelled from the shores of England, leaving behind a young boy – Erik, son of the slain Viking king. Years later, Erik (George Ardisson, Juliet of the Spirits), raised by the English queen as her own, becomes Duke of Helford, while across the sea, his brother Eron (Cameron Mitchell, Blood and Black Lace) assumes leadership of the Viking horde and sets his sights on conquering England once again, setting the two estranged brothers on a collision course that will determine the fates of their respective kingdoms…
Featuring a bombastic score by frequent collaborator Roberto Nicolosi (Black Sunday) and memorably co-starring the stunning Kessler twins (Sodom and Gomorrah), Erik the Conqueror showcases Bava’s immense talent for creating awe-inspiring spectacle with limited resources. Now restored in high definition for the first time, Arrow Video is proud to present this cult classic in all its original splendour.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• Brand new 2K restoration of the film from the original camera negative
• Original Italian and English mono audio (lossless on the Blu-ray Disc)
• Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
• New audio commentary by Tim Lucas, author of Mario Bava – All the Colors of the Dark
• Gli imitatori, a comparison between Erik the Conqueror and its unacknowledged source, The Vikings • Original ending
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Kat Ellinger
Old 05-12-17, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

I'm game for Ronin.

TCM 2 is more than likely the Shout Factory version with all the same extras. Just made for the U.K. Market.
Old 05-12-17, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll also buy Ronin assuming there is non-LE regular version. Hopefully the regular version (without the LE Swag) of Darko is coming soon.
Old 05-12-17, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Erik The Conqueror is an enjoyable quasi-peplum with a good visual sense courtesy of Bava.

I'll likely pick that one up if it eventually hits a £8.99 sale price- probably some time early next year.
No hurry.
Old 05-12-17, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't believe The Slayer is coming out on Blu-Ray. So excited!

If Shock Treatment has the original unaffected audio that is on every Home Video release, I'll definitely be picking that up too.
Old 05-13-17, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I'm game for Ronin.

TCM 2 is more than likely the Shout Factory version with all the same extras. Just made for the U.K. Market.
Arrow already released TCM2 before Shout. This is just a non-LE version for the UK market.
Old 05-13-17, 01:33 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Finally Ronin gets some well deserved love. Day 1 pickup for me.
Old 05-13-17, 10:17 PM

Brain Damage review...
Old 05-14-17, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I'm game for Ronin.

It isn't - the limited Arrow release came out a good while earlier.
Old 05-25-17, 08:28 PM

Anyone know if the UK Arrow release of Pieces is region B locked? I love this movie, have the US version, but those extras sound better and fantastic...
Old 06-09-17, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

September Titles

Old 06-09-17, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Definitely in for Children of the Corn...maybe A Fish Called Wanda as well.
Old 06-09-17, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts

Wasn't the U.S. version of Wanda slammed for its picture quality? I'm hoping Arrow can do something better with it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.