Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk

HD Talk The place to discuss HD DVD, Blu-ray and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 08-10-17, 05:52 PM   #1051
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: The Official Arrow Blu-ray Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnmickey View Post
Glad I held off because those audio issues are deal breaker for me. If they are correctable, maybe there will be a replacement program.
I just checked for the one instance mentioned in the review (other mentions were generally speaking and I need specifics) and based on my ears, sounds the same as the old Blu-ray which isn't a surprise since the audio was provided by MGM. And BTW, I didn't feel it was "garbled", that's just Reno's voice IMO. He has a strange, deep inflection.

If that deters you from buying, I think you're missing out. And as I said, the audio was given by MGM so it's not going to be corrected unless the studio has a different one laying around or Arrow decided to invest on restoring it.
Old 08-10-17, 06:03 PM   #1052
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, I'm getting Ronin no matter what. I'm honestly surprised - and very happy - this movie is getting any kind of special edition treatment. If Arrow acknowledges the sound issues, so be it. But not a deal breaker for me.
Old 08-10-17, 08:02 PM   #1053
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMovieman View Post
I just checked for the one instance mentioned in the review (other mentions were generally speaking and I need specifics) and based on my ears, sounds the same as the old Blu-ray which isn't a surprise since the audio was provided by MGM. And BTW, I didn't feel it was "garbled", that's just Reno's voice IMO. He has a strange, deep inflection.

If that deters you from buying, I think you're missing out. And as I said, the audio was given by MGM so it's not going to be corrected unless the studio has a different one laying around or Arrow decided to invest on restoring it.
That changes things. The way it was phrased in the review it seemed like the reviewer was saying they were defects and specific to that release. I only have the old DVD and no other review I found mentions anything about sound issues with prior releases. If it's that way on the other BD, it's possible the original soundtrack has an issue, or the reviewer just exaggerated. Thanks for checking and posting.
Old 08-14-17, 12:08 PM   #1054
Inane Thread Master

Has anyone seen the integral version of Re-Animator? any good? better than UR cut?
Old 08-14-17, 06:35 PM   #1055
Inane Thread Master

now, that's a good looking combo...