Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know what to do if they lost their digital copy insert serial code?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-10, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Everybody,

I wanted to transfer a movie onto my iPhone 4 and I opened my HOT TUB TIME MACHINE BLU-RAY and I guess I threw out the insert when I received it from AMAZON. Is their anything I can do to retrieve the serial number so that I can transfer the movie to the iPhone? Lemme know, thanks!

--Dorfler
Old 07-19-10, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Does anyone know what to do if they lost their digital copy insert serial code?

The Hangover and Star Trek digital copies

To save you the read, you can try the studios support line, if that doesn't work, your out of luck.
Old 07-20-10, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Does anyone know what to do if they lost their digital copy insert serial code?

Not that I endorse lying, but if you contact the studio's support, I'd say your copy NEVER had an insert, rather than you threw it out... I had a copy of BATMAN that didn't have the insert and Warner hooked me up with a new code.
Old 07-20-10, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,408 Likes on 1,031 Posts

There are also many members here who don't use their codes and may be gracious enough to help you out. I know someone helped me out with one for District 9 when I bought a used copy without the code.
Old 07-20-10, 11:48 AM

I lost one once and contacted the company and they gave me a new one over the phone. I would just tell them you open the case and didn't find the insert.
Old 07-20-10, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My code for TDK had already expired by the time I tried to redeem them.
Old 07-22-10, 02:50 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nobody uses digital copies, do they ? If I want to watch a movie, I'll watch the movie, not some compromised computer file.
Old 07-22-10, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nope, no one does. Ever. This is such a useless thread.

Did you think before you typed that out?
Old 07-23-10, 08:27 PM

I use mine on the iPod if we're going on a trip, usually I can't sleep ina strange place so half the night I watch whatever movie I load on the iPod and then it off to dreamland.
Old 07-24-10, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used to think nothing of them 'til I got the iPad. :-)
Old 09-17-14, 11:56 PM

I lost my digital copy to Iron Man 3. I didn't care at first, but now I've got a few of the other films in my iTunes and I'm wishing I still had it. Is there anyone who isn't using their Iron Man 3 digital copy who would be generous enough to share theirs with me? Thank you for your help!
Old 09-18-14, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Hondo7712
I lost my digital copy to Iron Man 3. I didn't care at first, but now I've got a few of the other films in my iTunes and I'm wishing I still had it. Is there anyone who isn't using their Iron Man 3 digital copy who would be generous enough to share theirs with me? Thank you for your help!
Unfortunately, I don't have one to spare. Did you try calliNG the studio support line and asking them for one?

On a side note, what happened to Spottedfeather?
Old 09-19-14, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by jjcool
Unfortunately, I don't have one to spare. Did you try calliNG the studio support line and asking them for one?
Thank you for the tip. I'll try!
Old 09-19-14, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcool

On a side note, what happened to Spottedfeather?
You can see for yourself, run a search for his last posts under his username. It involves the religion forum. I don't remember the particulars.
Old 02-12-16, 04:05 AM

Does any one have a digital code for up and despicable me they aren't using