Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Coraline Blu Ray - July 21st

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Coraline Blu Ray - July 21st

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-09, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Re: Coraline Blu Ray - July 21st

I got this in my Gold Box today for 20.xx so I'll give it a blind buy based on the reviews.
Old 07-15-09, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts

I tried to watch the 3d version tonight.

It gave me a headache and I had to change over to the regular version.

The colors on the 3d one are muted and almost b & w.
the colors on the 2d are vivid and beautiful. this is a great movie and it's too bad more people don't know about it.
Old 07-16-09, 08:48 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by NoirFan
From the Blu-ray.com review: Although the 3-D is apparently quite underwhelming:

saying it's the disc of the year (already) is enough praise in that I can't wait to see and own this.
Old 07-16-09, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

From the picture above, in post#20, the packaging looks like a book-style type thing.
Is it?
Old 07-18-09, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DVD Beaver
Old 07-18-09, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a book style packaging. Video quality is great, and the movie itself is great. Worth getting.
Old 07-18-09, 04:48 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

The movie showed up in my Amazon quick pick today for $19 and change, so I went ahead and ordered it. It would be nice if more new releases were discounted 50%.
Old 07-20-09, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Coraline ended up in my Goldbox today for $18.52. I've never done a blind buy, but for that price I might have to
Old 07-20-09, 01:11 PM

bluray's for 19 and 18.52 really? - oh, I'm annoyed now.
Old 07-20-09, 01:30 PM
Political Exile

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Coraline ended up in my Goldbox today for $18.52. I've never done a blind buy, but for that price I might have to
Nice! An unexpected price drop. Let's hope that Amazon will honor their preorder price guarantee this time when they ship. Right now my order history is still showing the old price.
Old 07-20-09, 01:54 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sold. Amazon's been great about the price drops lately, with this and Watchmen and a few of the deals posted in the bargain thread.
Old 07-20-09, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PerryD
Nice! An unexpected price drop. Let's hope that Amazon will honor their preorder price guarantee this time when they ship. Right now my order history is still showing the old price.
I don't think Gold Box deals don't count when it comes to price adjustments... I also don't think you would see any pre-ordered item in your Gold Box either.
Old 07-20-09, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yeah i really hope this adjusts down for me it has not shipped yet, but it would be nice to have it for less than 20.00.
still shows up as 20.49 on order page.
Old 07-20-09, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm almost positive that it doesn't adjust for gold box offers, but it should adjust for the new price that went up today.
Old 07-20-09, 04:42 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by BravesMG
I'm almost positive that it doesn't adjust for gold box offers, but it should adjust for the new price that went up today.
It does actually. It lowers the price to the current one and still keeps the goldbox discount from when you originally pre-ordered it. At least that's how its always been with me.

I nabbed it to. For $19.49 why not?
Old 07-20-09, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Maybe I'm confused then. I had it ordered for $20.49 until Thursday night or so and decided it was too borderline to pick it up. It showed up in my Gold Box today for $18.49, so I re-ordered it. If I had kept my $20.49 order I would expect it to adjust down to $19.49 but not to the Gold Box $18.49 offer, since I assume (improperly?) that the GB offer is not extended to everyone.
Old 07-20-09, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BravesMG
Maybe I'm confused then. I had it ordered for $20.49 until Thursday night or so and decided it was too borderline to pick it up. It showed up in my Gold Box today for $18.49, so I re-ordered it. If I had kept my $20.49 order I would expect it to adjust down to $19.49 but not to the Gold Box $18.49 offer, since I assume (improperly?) that the GB offer is not extended to everyone.
You are correct. Since you dropped the pre-order before release date, it showed up again in your Gold Box to try & convince you to get it after all lol.

Now in Giz's case, it sounds like he ordered it from a GoldBox offer, and yes, it will keep the GoldBox discount even if the regular price drops... but the GoldBox offer is unique to each individual and not offered to everyone (unless you keep looking every day, it may show up).
Old 07-21-09, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

How sad is it just had to argue on the phone with the cs person at amazon for them to honor the pre release price guarentee, and over a friggin dollar.

the price dropped several hours before my card was charged and when i called to inquire about why it was never adjusted, was told that i didnt qualify for it cause my card has now been charged, even though i explained the price went down before my card was charged, then i also read her the shipping confirmation email that said

The following items have been shipped to you by Amazon.com:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com, LLC):

1 Coraline (Blu-ray/DVD Comb... $20.49 1 $20.49

Shipped via USPS

Tracking number:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Item Subtotal: $20.49
Shipping and handling: $1.49

Super Saver Discount: $-1.49

Pre-order Guarantee: $0.00

Total: $20.49

Paid by Mastercard: $20.49

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Pre-order Price Guarantee covers one or more item(s) in this
order. If the Amazon.com price decreases between the time you place your
order and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the
lowest price.

now that last little part there i explained to her clearly says if the price decreses ANY time between when you order and the the end of the RELEASE day not SHIPPING day, that i will recieve the lowest price.

i had to argue with her but finally she said ok she would adjust it, even though in the end i got the difference refunded it was a bad experience cause i should not have had to call to begin with, and they should not argue with a customer, when its a instance that the customer is indeed correct.

i tell you there are times i like amazon, but more and more iam really starting to hate them. i mean it might only be a dollar, but hey when you factor that dollar in, the price is the same as what the movie is at frys tomorrow with sales tax, i could just walk over there before work and have it in my hand as soon as i buy it and it would have been same as amazon before they adjusted for me.

and one more thing since when is the name DAVID so difficult to pronounce, it took 4 times of me saying it for her to pronounce it correctly
Old 07-21-09, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Hammer99
You are correct. Since you dropped the pre-order before release date, it showed up again in your Gold Box to try & convince you to get it after all lol.

Now in Giz's case, it sounds like he ordered it from a GoldBox offer, and yes, it will keep the GoldBox discount even if the regular price drops... but the GoldBox offer is unique to each individual and not offered to everyone (unless you keep looking every day, it may show up).
Sorry for my stupidity, but I'd like a little clarification on this. Earlier today this was selling for $20.49 and it hit my goldbox quick picks for $19.47. So I pulled the trigger and added Watchmen as well. The order has NOT shipped and has NOT been charged yet. Then I logged on earlier tonight and saw that it had dropped publicly to 19.49 and in my goldbox to $18.52 or something like that. To cut to the chase: do I get anything back or am I out the dollar? Not that $19 isn't a great deal on this since I have no Fry's around me and the cheapest is DD or $26 at the store. I just don't want to call about it sounding like a dumbass if I can't get it lower. It's not that big of a deal though I guess.
Old 07-21-09, 03:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by pridesticks06
Sorry for my stupidity, but I'd like a little clarification on this. Earlier today this was selling for $20.49 and it hit my goldbox quick picks for $19.47. So I pulled the trigger and added Watchmen as well. The order has NOT shipped and has NOT been charged yet. Then I logged on earlier tonight and saw that it had dropped publicly to 19.49 and in my goldbox to $18.52 or something like that. To cut to the chase: do I get anything back or am I out the dollar? Not that $19 isn't a great deal on this since I have no Fry's around me and the cheapest is DD or $26 at the store. I just don't want to call about it sounding like a dumbass if I can't get it lower. It's not that big of a deal though I guess.
Goldbox savings should be applied to the final lowest price at the end of the release date, no matter what. To use round numbers, say the original price was $21. Goldbox offer was $20, saving you a dollar, and you pre-ordered it thru Goldbox. If the site price on or before release date is lowered to $20, you will get it for $19.

If it already shipped before a price decrease and it's still before the end of release date, they will credit you the difference. Usually it is automatic, but it's best to keep on top of it... if you don't see an e-mail acknowledging an upcoming refund, contact CS.

Last edited by Hammer99; 07-21-09 at 03:09 AM.
Old 07-21-09, 06:41 AM
Political Exile

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
How sad is it just had to argue on the phone with the cs person at amazon for them to honor the pre release price guarentee, and over a friggin dollar.
i had to argue with her but finally she said ok she would adjust it, even though in the end i got the difference refunded it was a bad experience cause i should not have had to call to begin with, and they should not argue with a customer, when its a instance that the customer is indeed correct.
My order just shipped this morning, and sure enough they did not honor their preorder price guarantee. Again, as you said, it's only a $1 this time, but what is the point of having the policy is you end up having to check the pricing every day, and cancel and reorder the title yourself to guarantee that you get the lower price. I sent an email requesting that they honor their price guarantee, hopefully they will.

I was really disappointed with Amazon after my Lost Season 1 & 2 experience from a couple months back when one of the sets was on sale for 50% off for an entire day. Normally to be safe, I cancel and reorder at the lower price, but when I went to do that my existing order already showed the lower price, so I was happy, but then the next day after the sale price was over, they went back into my order and adjusted the price back up. They honored the orders placed at the sale price, but screwed those of us with the previous preorders.
Old 07-21-09, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Hammer99
Goldbox savings should be applied to the final lowest price at the end of the release date, no matter what. To use round numbers, say the original price was $21. Goldbox offer was $20, saving you a dollar, and you pre-ordered it thru Goldbox. If the site price on or before release date is lowered to $20, you will get it for $19.

If it already shipped before a price decrease and it's still before the end of release date, they will credit you the difference. Usually it is automatic, but it's best to keep on top of it... if you don't see an e-mail acknowledging an upcoming refund, contact CS.
Thank you very much for the explanation, and the discount is showing up as of this morning. No email though, but I assume it's in.
Old 07-21-09, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

What's this with Target having exclusive bonus extras?
Old 07-21-09, 12:02 PM

^ the wording in the advert is a bit vague - "Deluxe with over 30 minutes of exclusive bonus content" directedly under the DVD edition.
Old 07-21-09, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

But not for the blu-ray? Which leads me to believe this exclusive bonus content for the dvd is a port of the blu-ray exclusives.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.