Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Zulu December 16, 2008

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Zulu December 16, 2008

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-08, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zulu December 16, 2008

Listed on Amazon for that date. Really looking forward to this one. It is a 2dvd set in UK.
Any details?
Old 12-07-08, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For those interested, there is a long thread over at AVS (including screencaps).

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...highlight=zulu

Not surprisingly, there are several complaints, perhaps justified, that excessive DNR and EE have been applied. The screencaps look great to me, but I am no expert at seeing what they are complaining about. I'm thrilled that Zulu is even on Blu-Ray!

...sometimes, it is hard to read threads like this over at AVS because they are never happy. The thread on The Dark Knight is reason enough.
Old 12-09-08, 12:59 PM
Cool New Member

Posters at avsforum tend to be more than a bit elitist. This release is already available in Great Britain, and reviewers at Amazon.UK have all given the disc 5 out of 5 stars. I'm going to pick it up next week.
Old 12-09-08, 01:03 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by tofferman
For those interested, there is a long thread over at AVS (including screencaps).

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...highlight=zulu

Not surprisingly, there are several complaints, perhaps justified, that excessive DNR and EE have been applied. The screencaps look great to me, but I am no expert at seeing what they are complaining about. I'm thrilled that Zulu is even on Blu-Ray!

...sometimes, it is hard to read threads like this over at AVS because they are never happy. The thread on The Dark Knight is reason enough.
it's not that they are not happy, they're just super anal and hard to please.
Old 12-09-08, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got Zulu, but it's only one disc. Is a new two-disc set really coming out?

Anyway, for what it's worth, it looks pretty good to me when just watching it, but when I look at the screens the guys at AVS post, I do see what they're talking about, and it's very much there.