Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Netflix Price Change Official, $1 per month more for BDs

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Netflix Price Change Official, $1 per month more for BDs

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-08, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anyone heard anything about Blockbuster Online moving up in price?
Old 10-09-08, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jericho
Originally Posted by Hammer99
Really, where do they ship to you from? I get mine (in Parkville) from Gaithersburg, and I don't have many long waits at all (got Zohan & Happening yesterday)
Ditto, no real problem getting stuff from Gaithersburg
My turn around to DC (Capitol Hill) is also steadily reliable. Drop it in the mailbox on Monday morning, have a new title on Wednesday. Sometimes if I drop it off at the post office, I've even gotten a new one even more quickly than that!

Originally Posted by Vipper II
I don't mind paying as long as they improve the availability of BDs in my neck of the woods. Too many of the ones in my queue are "very long wait" for longer than they should be.
This does occassionally happen, but on my queue it has mostly been with TV Blu-ray titles like Smallville S6, Damages S1 and Mad Men S1. And I can't blame Netflix for the fact that people are renting them an taking forever to watch it. Hell, I can be blamed for the same thing with The Fall!

Speaking of which, what I wish they could improve with multi-disc sets is what happened to me with Smallville. I now have disc THREE without having seen one or two. Duh... what good is that?

Last edited by rfduncan; 10-09-08 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-10-08, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh well, a dollar. I'll pay it, still saves me money...though I think there's a little collusion going on here.
Old 10-10-08, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
I would be upset if the increase was more. I think I can handle an extra dollar considering how many movies I often get in a month.

I did a survey of my queue, which is always filled to maximum. I have a total of 8 items that list any amount of wait time, and only one of those, How the West Was Won, is a Blu-ray. Maybe it's just the titles I'm interested in, but I do have a number of Blu-ray discs in my queue.
Old 10-11-08, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
I can pay the extra dollar.
Old 10-11-08, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll pay the extra dollar since Netflix is my best option, but it would be nice if the Dark City BD EVER changed from "Very Long Wait" for me. Maybe my extra $1 per month will be one step closer to them buying enough BD copies to actually send me one.
Old 10-22-08, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, the extra $1 is not working out too well. I was assuming they would get more stock, but the top 15 Blu-Ray's in my queue ALL have a wait. Two Short Wait and all the rest Long or Very Long. Very annoying.
Old 10-22-08, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Luckily Forgetting Sarah Marshall was ready to ship on BR, but most others (including Kill Bill Vol. 1 the entire time since it came out) are 'Long Wait' or 'Very Long Wait'.
Old 10-22-08, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by steebo777
Luckily Forgetting Sarah Marshall was ready to ship on BR, but most others (including Kill Bill Vol. 1 the entire time since it came out) are 'Long Wait' or 'Very Long Wait'.
Hell, yesterday Kill Bill, Vol. 1 went out of my queue into my saved queue as 'Unavailable.'

Last edited by Adboy151; 10-24-08 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-23-08, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is getting ridiculous. With or without the $1 charge, the availability of BD titles is a joke. Their so called "access to unlimited Blu-Ray titles" is nothing more than access to having an unlimited number of titles in my queue while hardly ever seeing one.
Old 10-24-08, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, the availabilty is WORSE now than it was before the $1 charge. They DID ship a Blu-Ray movie, but it was in queue position #24 I believe. The Love Guru....yeah.
Old 10-24-08, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Yeah, the availabilty is WORSE now than it was before the $1 charge. They DID ship a Blu-Ray movie, but it was in queue position #24 I believe. The Love Guru....yeah.
They're not charging the extra $1 until Nov 5, so this is still technically before.

For my part, I just updated my account to Blu-ray, but I downgraded to 3 a month, so Netflix actually lost $5 on the deal. Neener neener.
Old 10-27-08, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Adboy151
Hell, yesterday Kill Bill, Vol. 1 went out of my queue into my saved queue as 'Unavailable.'
Same here. WTF?!?