Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Iron Man BLU-RAY 9/30/08

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Iron Man BLU-RAY 9/30/08

Old 09-18-08, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Wait...BD getting exclusive packaging? Damn....hope its not too cool I don't want to buy another copy.
Yep, its the same as the 2-Disc DVD packaging... apparently there is a clear sleeve that covers it so you can put it with the rest of your collection nicely (like the Simpson season heads)... the Blu-ray one will be clearly marked with a black and blue strip on its side, from what I am told.

edit: this is a Target exclusive.
Old 09-19-08, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
Yep, its the same as the 2-Disc DVD packaging... apparently there is a clear sleeve that covers it so you can put it with the rest of your collection nicely (like the Simpson season heads)... the Blu-ray one will be clearly marked with a black and blue strip on its side, from what I am told.

edit: this is a Target exclusive.
But does it match the size of a regular BD? Many people don't like the Warner digibooks for this reason. I'll be curious...
Old 09-19-08, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by bookcase3
But does it match the size of a regular BD? Many people don't like the Warner digibooks for this reason. I'll be curious...
I'm going to assume that this will be much larger than the size of a regular BD.
Old 09-20-08, 12:01 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Looks like Paramount is sending out new copies of DISC ONE to reviewers because not all copies will play in players... Odd
Old 09-23-08, 10:37 AM
Suspended

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=64583

Looks like this may be a recall on Iron Man BD.
Old 09-23-08, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=64583

Looks like this may be a recall on Iron Man BD.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

That was going to be my birthday present!!
Old 09-23-08, 10:54 AM

there is time.

yeah, I know...
Old 09-23-08, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This actually could work out for me. I ordered this as the paid part of a BOGO order with Columbia House. In the past when CH cancelled the paid part of a BOGO order, they still sent out the freebie and never charged anything for it.
Old 09-23-08, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
According to some posts at Blu-Ray.com at least one reviewer already received a replacement copy, so maybe it won't be a huge problem.

I had placed my Amazon pre-order months ago, and that order now points to a "Currently Unavailable" page at Amazon, but there is a new Amazon item page for it with pre-order availability, so I just replaced my order with that item.

EDIT: Now it looks like my order for the old item was actually updated automatically to the new item, even though it shows me the "You Order This Item" header on the defunct product page. Weird.

Last edited by bunkaroo; 09-23-08 at 11:12 AM.
Old 09-23-08, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
There is a new listing on Amazon for the newer one. Cheaper too, $25.95
Old 09-23-08, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Reading that thread it looks like compatibility issues with certain players. That sucks.
Old 09-23-08, 01:17 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
Originally Posted by mattysemo247
There is a new listing on Amazon for the newer one. Cheaper too, $25.95
Nice! It looks like Amazon already adjusted the price for me. $24.65 shipped after gold box discount was reapplied.
Old 09-23-08, 01:23 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
According to some posts at Blu-Ray.com at least one reviewer already received a replacement copy, so maybe it won't be a huge problem.
Another reviewer I talk to received a replacement disc on Saturday - I'm expecting mine today. My copy played just fine in my LG 200 and PS3
Old 09-23-08, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The DigitalBits is reporting that the discs available on release date next week will be the corrected ones. My question is, what about those discs that are part of some special edition package, like Future Shop's steelbook blu-ray release, or Best Buy's gift set with the helmet bust? Are they gonna ship back all those too, rip 'em apart, and replace disc one for all of them???
Old 09-23-08, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You have to wonder how much money will be lost on not only wasted BD50 replication, but rush shipments of these discs to retail.

I think it's important they get this one right though. IMO this is essentially the start of the big fall/holiday release season, and you don't want to fall on your face the second you start running.
Old 09-23-08, 02:49 PM
Suspended

Apparently they will have to replace everything except the case and Disc 2. The UPC has been changed.
Old 09-23-08, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I surely hope some other BD50 discs haven't been bumped or downgraded to BD25 because of this.
Old 09-23-08, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I surely hope some other BD50 discs haven't been bumped or downgraded to BD25 because of this.
As long as Hulk, Hellboy, and The Dark Knight are BD-50's, I'm fine ... What's the deal with the BD-50 shortage anyway?
Old 09-23-08, 03:15 PM
Suspended

Universal will sadly take the blunt yet again. They have had to downgrade numerous releases to BD25 lately (Leatherheads, Baby Mama - bye-bye extra features!). Hulk, luckily, won't suffer.
Old 09-23-08, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Universal will sadly take the blunt yet again. They have had to downgrade numerous releases to BD25 lately (Leatherheads, Baby Mama - bye-bye extra features!). Hulk, luckily, won't suffer.
This is all speculation on your part, correct? Or do you have specific insider info?
Old 09-23-08, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Yavin
As long as Hulk, Hellboy, and The Dark Knight are BD-50's, I'm fine ... What's the deal with the BD-50 shortage anyway?
I don't know if it's a shortage as much as simply not ever having the capacity to keep up. There's never been much official word on it, but when new movies, let alone catalog titles, get single-layer discs when they could have had more included, one can only assume it's either lack of BD-50 capacity or extreme penny-pinching on the part of the offending studios, or maybe both.
Old 09-23-08, 04:06 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
This is all speculation on your part, correct? Or do you have specific insider info?
You mean press releases that clearly state BD50 with extras only to have them arrive on BD25 discs sans extras? No, its just a little bit of common sense applied to the situation.
Old 09-23-08, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is from the press release for Baby Mama:

DVD BONUS FEATURES:

• DELETED SCENES: Laugh along with the film’s hilarious deleted scenes.
• ALTERNATE ENDING: See how the film could have ended, with this comical alternate ending.
• FROM CONCEPTION TO DELIVERY: THE MAKING OF BABY MAMA! Utilizing behind the scenes footage and interviews, Writer/Director Michael McCullers, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Sigourney Weaver and Greg Kinnear take us through the hysterical journey of bringing “Baby Mama” to the screen.
• SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE: LEGACY OF LAUGHTER: Tina Fey and Amy Poehler talk about what it’s like to work
together with SNL alumnus Writer/Director Michael McCullers.
• FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH WRITER/DIRECTOR MICHAEL MCCULLERS, PRODUCER LORNE MICHAELS
AND CAST MEMBERS TINA FEY & AMY POEHLER.

BLU-RAY™ HI-DEF BONUS FEATURES:

• U-CONTROL: This uniquely-immersive, in-movie experience from Universal allows you to customize your own highdefinition experience with spectacular interactive features – all without stopping the movie!
o PICTURE-IN-PICTURE: Learn more about the making of this film by viewing behind-the-scenes moments as
the movie plays.
• FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH WRITER/DIRECTOR MICHAEL MCCULLERS, PRODUCER LORNE MICHAELS AND CAST MEMBERS TINA FEY & AMY POEHLER.
• MY SCENES: Create clips of your favorite scenes to watch over and over again!

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:

Street Date: September 9, 2008
Copyright: 2008 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved
Selection Number: WIDESCREEN/FULL FRAME 61105038, BLU-RAY 61105014
Price: $29.98 SRP Standard Definition; $39.98 Blu-Ray Hi-Def™
Running Time: 1 Hour 39 Minutes
Layers: Dual Layers
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1, Full Frame 1.33:1
Rating: PG-13 for crude and sexual humor, language and a drug reference
Languages: English, Spanish, French
Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
Sound: SDH
• Standard definition: Dolby Digital 5.1
• Blu-ray Hi-Def™: DTS Surround 5.1

-------------------

Aren't those features mentioned exactly what's on the BD? I don't see BD50 mentioned either.

Last edited by Mr. Cinema; 09-23-08 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-23-08, 05:08 PM
Suspended

I'll see if I can find my press release I received for it.

I for sure have my Leatherheads one which goes into great detail the Blu-ray features and...they are not present.

Here you fo, from Blu-ray.com

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=1476

Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced that they will release the George Clooney comedy 'Leatherheads' for Blu-ray on August 26th (not confirmed), day-and-date with the DVD release. No technical specs have been announced for the title at this time, but we do know that this title will feature BonusView UControl functionality.

Extras for this release include:

U-Control: Visual Commentary
Football's Beginning: The Making of Leatherheads (REMOVED FROM BLU-RAY)
No Pads, No Fear: Creating the Rowdy Football Scenes (REMOVED FROM BLU-RAY)
George Clooney: A Leatherheads Prankster (REMOVED FROM BLU-RAY)
Visual Effects Sequences (REMOVED FROM BLU-RAY)

Also announced is the Tia Fey romantic comedy 'Baby Mama', which is due to hit Blu-ray on September 9th (not confirmed), day-and-date with the DVD release. Again, no technical specs have been announced at this time, but extras for this release will include:

Commentary with writer/director Michael McCullers and cast members Tina Fey and Amy Poehler
From Conception to Delivery: The Making of Baby Mama (REMOVED FROM BLU-RAY)
Alternate Ending (REMOVED FROM BLU-RAY)
Deleted Scenes (REMOVED FROM BLU-RAY)
Saturday Night Live: Legacy of Laughter (REMOVED FROM BLU-RAY)
Thanks Apples!

I also added the (REMOVED FROM BLU-RAY) to the press release. I can do the same for other titles, sadly. The Scoprion King 2? Doomsday?

Last edited by Gizmo; 09-23-08 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-23-08, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
This is from the press release for Baby Mama:

DVD BONUS FEATURES:

• DELETED SCENES: Laugh along with the film’s hilarious deleted scenes.
• ALTERNATE ENDING: See how the film could have ended, with this comical alternate ending.
• FROM CONCEPTION TO DELIVERY: THE MAKING OF BABY MAMA! Utilizing behind the scenes footage and interviews, Writer/Director Michael McCullers, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Sigourney Weaver and Greg Kinnear take us through the hysterical journey of bringing “Baby Mama” to the screen.
• SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE: LEGACY OF LAUGHTER: Tina Fey and Amy Poehler talk about what it’s like to work
together with SNL alumnus Writer/Director Michael McCullers.
• FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH WRITER/DIRECTOR MICHAEL MCCULLERS, PRODUCER LORNE MICHAELS
AND CAST MEMBERS TINA FEY & AMY POEHLER.

BLU-RAY™ HI-DEF BONUS FEATURES:

• U-CONTROL: This uniquely-immersive, in-movie experience from Universal allows you to customize your own highdefinition experience with spectacular interactive features – all without stopping the movie!
o PICTURE-IN-PICTURE: Learn more about the making of this film by viewing behind-the-scenes moments as
the movie plays.
• FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH WRITER/DIRECTOR MICHAEL MCCULLERS, PRODUCER LORNE MICHAELS AND CAST MEMBERS TINA FEY & AMY POEHLER.
• MY SCENES: Create clips of your favorite scenes to watch over and over again!

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:

Street Date: September 9, 2008
Copyright: 2008 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved
Selection Number: WIDESCREEN/FULL FRAME 61105038, BLU-RAY 61105014
Price: $29.98 SRP Standard Definition; $39.98 Blu-Ray Hi-Def™
Running Time: 1 Hour 39 Minutes
Layers: Dual Layers
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1, Full Frame 1.33:1
Rating: PG-13 for crude and sexual humor, language and a drug reference
Languages: English, Spanish, French
Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
Sound: SDH
• Standard definition: Dolby Digital 5.1
• Blu-ray Hi-Def™: DTS Surround 5.1

-------------------

Aren't those features mentioned exactly what's on the BD? I don't see BD50 mentioned either.
There you go.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.