Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Any word on if Lost Seasons 1 & 2 will be coming to Blu-ray ?

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 02-18-08, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know season 3 is out but are seasons 1 or 2 coming out also?
Old 02-18-08, 06:54 PM
Suspended

Nothing yet, but i am waiting for it as well. Hopefully they will tie it in with the Season 4 release.
Old 02-18-08, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Don't ask "if", ask WHEN!

I would dearly love them too!
Old 02-18-08, 06:57 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Season 3 apparently sold well, but Season 1 and 2 are now considered Catalog titles, and so far catalog titles on HDM have sold poorly (Prison Break, Battlestar G)
Old 02-18-08, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I would say these will come sometime in the next year or so. All episodes are available on XBox Marketplace.
Old 02-18-08, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Season 3 apparently sold well, but Season 1 and 2 are now considered Catalog titles, and so far catalog titles on HDM have sold poorly (Prison Break, Battlestar G)
I'd say LOST is a wee bit more popular than either of those two catalog titles that you mentioned. There is no doubt that Blu-Ray releases of the first two seasons would at least sell decently.
Old 02-18-08, 07:30 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I'd say LOST is a wee bit more popular than either of those two catalog titles that you mentioned. There is no doubt that Blu-Ray releases of the first two seasons would at least sell decently.
Lost is by far more popular then either of those shows, however Lost S3 set the bar high for TV on HDM. I don't think we would be getting those great HD features if they were to release Season 1 and 2 right away. Seems like a lot of work would be needed.

I'd still be first in line to buy them. Season 3 on Blu-ray was by far one of the best HDM experiences I have had of all 2007.
Old 02-18-08, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Let's hope they hit soon. If it were me I'd release season 1 sometime at the beginning of the summer and then season 2 around October or November. Spread em out enough so that people can afford to buy them. Also, they need to add the special episodes to the set as well as some more documentary material about how the show is made. They also need to throw in all of the extra deleted scenes that weren't included in the first release but have been leaked to various LOST related websites. The mobisodes would be great as well but I see those attached to the season 4 release to fill it out some. Hell, even adding some of the podcasts as extras would be great.
Old 02-18-08, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Lost is by far more popular then either of those shows, however Lost S3 set the bar high for TV on HDM. I don't think we would be getting those great HD features if they were to release Season 1 and 2 right away. Seems like a lot of work would be needed.
Would it be so bad if they just ported over the existing extras they did for the DVDs?
Old 02-18-08, 07:43 PM
Suspended

Let's hope they hit soon. If it were me I'd release season 1 sometime at the beginning of the summer and then season 2 around October or November. Spread em out enough so that people can afford to buy them. Also, they need to add the special episodes to the set as well as some more documentary material about how the show is made. They also need to throw in all of the extra deleted scenes that weren't included in the first release but have been leaked to various LOST related websites. The mobisodes would be great as well but I see those attached to the season 4 release to fill it out some. Hell, even adding some of the podcasts as extras would be great.
Wouldn't work.

Season 4 would come out around December or so of this year on Blu-ray...so Season 1 would need to be like May and Season 2 in September (if they would follow it like most other shows playing catch up on DVD).
Old 02-18-08, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wouldn't work.

Season 4 would come out around December or so of this year on Blu-ray...so Season 1 would need to be like May and Season 2 in September (if they would follow it like most other shows playing catch up on DVD).
May and September would work for me.
Old 02-18-08, 07:51 PM
Suspended

May and September would work for me.
May would mean an announcement like this week. I don't think that will happen
Old 02-18-08, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, then make it happen!
Old 02-18-08, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hope springs eternal!
Old 03-10-08, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
Just finished season 3 about a week ago. I'd pick up the first two seasons in a heartbeat. Hopefully they are already in the works.
Old 03-10-08, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
They might tie in a release with season four. I can't wait to see how they price the shortened season.
Old 03-10-08, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I don't plan on rewatching the series until it's over, so I'll be waiting a few years for the complete series.
Old 03-10-08, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 215 Likes on 154 Posts
That's what I was thinking Bus... I'll pick up the complete set and rewatch in five yrs or so. Should be fun to revisit.
Old 03-10-08, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I hope so. I don't even have a Blu Ray player yet but this would create an added incentive for me to get one... I don't plan on upgrading most of my DVD's to HD media but I would upgrade for Lost in a heartbeat.
Old 03-10-08, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by The Bus
I don't plan on rewatching the series until it's over, so I'll be waiting a few years for the complete series.
I'm just about to start rewatching the series again (during the few weeks it has off after this week's ep until season 4 resumes) and really wish I had the first two in Blu-ray as well... I've already seen season 1 & 2 at least twice, but this current season has really made me want to go back and watch them all again! Come on disney bring on the BD's (I know catalogue doesn't sell great, heck I didn't even buy PB or BSG on high def even though I love them, but LOST I would HAVE to upgrade on).
Old 03-10-08, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
never seen an episode of this series put would pick it up once the first two seasons go into HD.
Old 03-10-08, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Just finished season 3 about a week ago. I'd pick up the first two seasons in a heartbeat. Hopefully they are already in the works.
Does the last episode of Season 3 have any option to view the "Enhanced" (pop up) notes shown during its repeat airing just before the current season started?

I am hoping that the Season 4 release includes these, since every episode has an "enhanced" pop up viewing a week after the original airing date. There is some interesting information in those.
Old 03-10-08, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by flix1
Does the last episode of Season 3 have any option to view the "Enhanced" (pop up) notes shown during its repeat airing just before the current season started?

I am hoping that the Season 4 release includes these, since every episode has an "enhanced" pop up viewing a week after the original airing date. There is some interesting information in those.
I don't think it does. It would be nice if they could add these as downloadables to the newer players and PS3's hard drive so that they will play along with whichever episode your'e watching. Hopefully they'll be included in future seasons but we shall see.
Old 03-10-08, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I really dislike getting the current seasons of shows available but not the earlier ones. But Lost S3 was fantastic, and I will pick up whatever they put out.
Old 03-11-08, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Let's hope they hit soon. If it were me I'd release season 1 sometime at the beginning of the summer and then season 2 around October or November. Spread em out enough so that people can afford to buy them. Also, they need to add the special episodes to the set as well as some more documentary material about how the show is made. They also need to throw in all of the extra deleted scenes that weren't included in the first release but have been leaked to various LOST related websites. The mobisodes would be great as well but I see those attached to the season 4 release to fill it out some.
I think they're doing pop-ups on the repeats for the current season at 8pm before the new episode. I'd LOVE to have that feature enabled on S4 (as well as S1&2 - that would be genious!).

I'm willing to wait for S1&2 if the sets would be on par (or even better!??!) than the current S3 set. I'm rewatching S3 right now and am already seeing a TON of new things I didn't realize until now while watching S4 (e.g. polar bear on a pyramid in painting in Whidmore's office!).