Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Simpsons Movie - Blu-Ray 12/18

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-07, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fox Press Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

“Two Thumbs Up” “Hurray For Homer. Long May He Rave”
-- EBERT & ROEPER -- WALL STREET JOURNAL.COM

Mmmm . . . Movie!

Hold On To Your Donuts . . . America’s Favorite Family’s Big Screen Debut
Arrives Worldwide On DVD and Blu-Ray Disc This December From
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment

Special Features Include Audio Commentaries, Deleted Scenes,
Promotional Spots And Much More!

CENTURY CITY, Calif. – It takes a feature-length film to fully capture Homer Simpson’s stupidity and The Simpsons Movie does it! One of the top grossing films of all time, The Simpsons Movie has generated more than $500 million globally and will be available worldwide on DVD and Blu-Ray Disc (BD) Internationally on December 3 and in North America on December 18 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment.

“One of the best movies of the year” (Washington Post), The Simpsons Movie stars Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer, Pamela Hayden and Tress MacNeille. Additionally, The Simpsons Movie also features the guest voice talents of Oscar nominee Albert Brooks, rock band Green Day and two-time Oscar winner Tom Hanks.

In the long anticipated film Time Magazine said was “well worth waiting for,” The Simpsons Movie finds the fate of Springfield – the suburban setting that has been home to “The Simpsons” clan for more than 18 years – hanging in the balance when Homer and his new pet pig inadvertently cause a major ecological disaster in their hometown. Forced to flee, it is up to the paunchy patriarch to save his family, the Springfield community and possibly . . . the world.

The Simpsons Movie was produced by the series’ executive producer James L. Brooks, series creator Matt Groening, current show runner Al Jean, Mike Scully and Richard Sakai. “The Simpsons” series’ veterans Ian Maxtone-Graham, George Meyer, David Mirkin, Mike Reiss, Matt Selman, John Swartzwelder and Jon Vitti joined Brooks, Groening, Jean and Scully to write the eagerly anticipated script and David Silverman (Monsters Inc.) directed.

The Simpsons Movie DVD is loaded with bonus features including commentaries with “Simpsons” writers/producers, actors and directors, numerous deleted scenes and promotional spots including The Simpsons Judge American Idol and Homer’s Monologue On The Tonight Show. The Simpsons Movie single disc DVD will be available at a suggested retail price of $29.98 U.S./$43.48 Canada. Fans can also see The Simpsons like never before when The Simpsons Movie is released day-and-date in high-def format on Blu-Ray Disc (BD) priced at $39.98 U.S. /$49.98 Canada.

North America Marketing Support:
TCFHE will support the The Simpsons Movie DVD release with a massive multi-million dollar marketing, promotions and media campaign targeting the key demographics of adults 18-49, with a focus on males 13-34, via pre-street awareness that will extend through the Q4 holiday season. In addition to innovative in-store promotional support, a majority of the media spend will go toward national television and online outlets. The release will also be supported by an extensive publicity campaign targeting men, women, teens and families via broadcast and print feature placements and news generating stunts and events.

International Releases:
Complete title configurations, marketing support and exact release dates will be announced by individual territories.

The Simpsons Movie DVD Specifics:
The Simpsons Movie DVD is presented in North America in widescreen format, featuring English Dolby Surround 5.1 sound, Spanish and French Dolby Surround and English and Spanish subtitles.

Worldwide special features include:
* Commentary by, James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, Al Jean, Mike Scully, David Silverman, Dan Castellaneta, and joined by Yeardley Smith
* Directors Commentary by David Silverman, Mike B. Anderson, Steven Dean Moore and Rich Moore
* Deleted scenes
* Russ Cargill - “Levels”
* Springfield News
* DMV
* Sausage Truck
* Emperor Moe
* Alternate Ending
* Special Stuff
* Homer’s Monologue On The Tonight Show
* The Simpsons Judge American Idol
* Homer Introduces American Idol
* Let’s All Go To The Lobby
* Alternate Character Designs by the Directors and Matt Groening

Blu-Ray Disc Specs:
The Simpsons Movie BD release will be authored in BD-Java with AVC (MPEG 4 compression) on a dual-layer 50 GB disc with English 5.1 DTS HD Lossless Master Audio plus English, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital sound. The disc will feature all of the above special features in high-def.

A recognized global industry leader, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment LLC (TCFHE) is the worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company for all Fox film and television programming on VHS, DVD and Blu-ray Disc (BD) as well as acquisitions and original productions. The company also releases all products around the globe for MGM Home Entertainment. Each year TCFHE introduces hundreds of new and newly enhanced products, which it services to retail outlets – from mass merchants and warehouse clubs to specialty stores and e-commerce – throughout the world. Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment LLC is a subsidiary of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, a News Corporation company.

The Simpsons is a Gracie Films Production in association with 20th Century Fox Television.

# # #

North America press materials available for download at www.foxpressroom.com

The Simpson Movie North America Information:
Street Date: December 18, 2007
Prebook Date: November 21, 2007
Price: $29.98 U.S./$43.48 Canada
$39.98 U.S./$49.98 Canada (BD)
Catalog #: 2248427 U.S./2248428 Canada
2249201 U.S./2249202 Canada (BD)
Total Run Time: 87 minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Closed Captioned: Yes
Old 09-25-07, 01:18 PM

Hopefully they don't "pull out" again on the last minute for this one.
Old 09-25-07, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Not for a major release like this one.
Old 09-25-07, 05:22 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Unless Sony adds DTS MA decoding on the PS3, I'm ready to kick Fox in the balls for all these DTS MA tracks.
Old 09-25-07, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
It will be interesting to compare this to SD. I notice the difference in Pixar's stuff, but for plain animation, I wonder if it will be worth it. Even on Cars, I didn't think the difference was all that great.
Old 09-25-07, 07:09 PM

I think traditional animation is a place where HD can shine, if we can get nice clean lines without any artifacts.
Old 09-25-07, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Unless Sony adds DTS MA decoding on the PS3, I'm ready to kick Fox in the balls for all these DTS MA tracks.
Ain't that the truth.
Old 09-25-07, 07:22 PM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by kvrdave
It will be interesting to compare this to SD. I notice the difference in Pixar's stuff, but for plain animation, I wonder if it will be worth it. Even on Cars, I didn't think the difference was all that great.
I can easily tell the difference between Looney Tunes on SD versus HD.
Old 09-26-07, 11:27 AM

Bah! This might be the straw that breaks the camel's back and forces me to get a Blu-Ray player and go format neutral.
Old 09-26-07, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Day one purchase for me!
Old 09-26-07, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I can easily tell the difference between Looney Tunes on SD versus HD.
Looney Tunes has an HD version out?

I could see where these would be better now that you guys mention it.
Old 09-26-07, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 09-26-07, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jray
Bah! This might be the straw that breaks the camel's back and forces me to get a Blu-Ray player and go format neutral.
Old 09-26-07, 03:22 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by cpgator
here, let me reiterize that comment as well.

Old 09-26-07, 05:05 PM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by kvrdave
Looney Tunes has an HD version out?

I could see where these would be better now that you guys mention it.
A few select Warner titles, such as The Adventures of Robin Hood and March of the Penguins, have one or two Looney Tunes shorts included on the disc in 1080p.