Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Email notification not working

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Email notification not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-15, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Re: Email notification not working

Originally Posted by IBobi
You have been sent test emails. Do you have them?
Emails plural? I have only received one, at Thu, 21 May 2015 17:37:34 -0400 GMT.
Old 06-11-15, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone,

We learned that some of our emails that normally go through are getting flagged as spam and rejected by Gmail now (they always were by Yahoo and AOL too). Tech is working on a solution, as we speak. We will keep you updated on our progress.

Thank you so much for your continual patience!
Old 07-29-15, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't been getting e-mail notifications for about a week now. Not sure if anybody else is experiencing this issue still.
Old 07-11-16, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Rather than start a new thread I'll post this here.

I've noticed I never get email notifications for new Private Messages, but I get them for every subsequent reply to that message thread from the same person. I don't see any user preference that would account for this behavior other than the main Email notification of Private Message which I have enabled.

Anyone else seeing this?
Old 07-11-16, 03:29 PM
Admin

Received 466 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
Rather than start a new thread I'll post this here.

I've noticed I never get email notifications for new Private Messages, but I get them for every subsequent reply to that message thread from the same person. I don't see any user preference that would account for this behavior other than the main Email notification of Private Message which I have enabled.

Anyone else seeing this?
Not seeing this. I'm wondering if maybe there something in your spam filter grabbing something by accident? I will send you a PM to test.
Old 07-11-16, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Did not see an email for this one. If you reply back to the PM thread I should receive a notification if the pattern holds. The sender and subject don't look like they'd be any different so I don't think it's a SPAM filter.
Old 07-12-16, 06:59 AM
Admin

Not sure what's going on bunkaroo. After our PM testing, it does look like your initial email is broken, but the replies work. I can't find any setting in the User CP that would do this, so I've kicked this upstairs to see if they know anything or have seen this.
Old 07-12-16, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by VinVega
Not sure what's going on bunkaroo. After our PM testing, it does look like your initial email is broken, but the replies work. I can't find any setting in the User CP that would do this, so I've kicked this upstairs to see if they know anything or have seen this.
Cool thanks for looking into it. I can't remember if it ever worked, but lately I've been doing more digital code deals and that's when it became obvious.
Old 07-12-16, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Received 1,068 Likes on 621 Posts

Cool thanks for looking into it. I can't remember if it ever worked, but lately I've been doing more digital code deals and that's when it became obvious.
We're going to look into this! And just to be clear, you didn't see that initial email in your spam folder or anything?
Old 07-12-16, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by IBJoel
We're going to look into this! And just to be clear, you didn't see that initial email in your spam folder or anything?
Well now I feel stupid - I've been using Apple email for a while and I rarely use it outside of my phone. I logged into it from a PC today and for some reason noticed the "junk" folder for the first time. All the initial messages were in there.

My apologies for wasting your time. I'm not sure why Apple's email filters would allow reply messages to come through but not the initial email. The sender, body and subject are basically identical. I doubt I flagged it since I hardly ever got email notifications before now - I'll have to see if there's a way to change on my end.

Thanks again for your time.
Old 07-13-16, 10:45 AM
Admin

Well now I feel stupid - I've been using Apple email for a while and I rarely use it outside of my phone. I logged into it from a PC today and for some reason noticed the "junk" folder for the first time. All the initial messages were in there.

My apologies for wasting your time. I'm not sure why Apple's email filters would allow reply messages to come through but not the initial email. The sender, body and subject are basically identical. I doubt I flagged it since I hardly ever got email notifications before now - I'll have to see if there's a way to change on my end.

Thanks again for your time.
No worries. My yahoo mail one day decided to start randomly marking emails I regularly get as spam. Damn those algorithms.