Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

DVD Exchange vs DVD For Sale?

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-04, 04:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I imagine this has been brought up before, but I would appreciate a DVD Trade Forum separate from the DVD For Sale threads. ie, trading for other than money/paypal.

Cause lately (and by latley, I mean progressively moreso each and every month for the past 3 years) the DVD Exchage Forum has become dominated by For Sale threads. I try to sift through for the trade ones, but they are becoming fewer and far between.

What the dealy, yo?
Old 08-20-04, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
how about a sticky where people can post their list of dvds to trade as well as their want list..
and then individual threads or emails for the actual trades?
Old 08-20-04, 02:27 PM

My main concern is to differentiate the "sellers" from the "traders". I understand that some members are willing to both sell and trade, but more and more, the threads do not have a want list, and only have prices.

In the event that someone was open to both selling and trading, and they had a want list, they could post a thread in both forums (althought maybe that is the concern/objection).

I just want to see the "traders". I can go to Ebay for sellers....(or, at least, look in the DVDTalk Exchange: Sellers sub-section...
Old 08-20-04, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
I think it's a great idea - I don't trade and it's difficult without going into each thread to see who's selling/trading.

Then again, I'm rather lazy......
Old 08-23-04, 04:51 AM

So, is there a facility to ensure Mao sees this? Or is it likely that this topic has been done and is not worthy of a reply? Like, do a search, newbie?

Last edited by Big Quasimodo; 08-23-04 at 05:04 AM.
Old 08-23-04, 09:57 AM
Mao

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts
Big Quasimodo,

While I can understand your point, I don't think it's possible that yet another forum would be created for this situation.

It would require yet another moderator who might have to toggle back and forth between two forums to keep things on the up-and-up.

I suggest you only open threads that do not contain "FS:" in the thread title.

This is usually the easiest way to bypass the problem. Please ;et me know if you have any other ideas or concerns~

Michael (Mao)
Old 08-23-04, 12:28 PM

Originally posted by Mao
Big Quasimodo,

While I can understand your point, I don't think it's possible that yet another forum would be created for this situation.

It would require yet another moderator who might have to toggle back and forth between two forums to keep things on the up-and-up.

I suggest you only open threads that do not contain "FS:" in the thread title.

This is usually the easiest way to bypass the problem. Please ;et me know if you have any other ideas or concerns~

Michael (Mao)
Well, I'm certainly not volunteering.

Your proposed solution is reasonable, but it still seems like the links devoted to "Exhange" are few and far between. I think a separate forum for Trades and Sales would be beneficial.

Oh well, world peace is a nice concept too.....
Old 08-23-04, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I, too, would prefer the trades versus the sales differentiated, but I see how it is simply not feasible.

I am one of the ones that offers both, but if push came to shove, I would rather be trade only, and would post in a trading specific forum, and not in the FS forum.