Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

I Can't Get My Smilies Activated

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Old 01-11-04, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For a couple of weeks now, none of the smilies in this forum will activate. All's I get is the picture, but no action or movement. The jaw drop will only show the face, but no jaw dropping. Likewise with the waving smilie in my sig. He just stands there waiting to wave. Is there a general problem with this forum, or is it just my computer? I haven't had any probs on any other sites.
Old 01-12-04, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
It's Likely the problem is on your end. Maybe the video card driver needs to be re-installed. Can you drag a window around the desktop? Does it hang up as well? Otherwise, check for spyware with Adaware and Spybot or try things out with another browser like Mozilla's Firebird.
Old 01-12-04, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Ranger
It's Likely the problem is on your end. Maybe the video card driver needs to be re-installed. Can you drag a window around the desktop? Does it hang up as well? Otherwise, check for spyware with Adaware and Spybot or try things out with another browser like Mozilla's Firebird.
I can drag a window around with no probs. I will try the other suggestions, however. Thank you for the ideas.
Old 01-13-04, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 596 Likes on 344 Posts
I had the same problem and found that my firewall was causing it. As a quick check, disable yours then go into a post that has a smiley. If the smiley works, then you know that you need to play with the firewall settings. If that's not it, then I have no clue.

Good luck!

Last edited by Bronkster; 01-13-04 at 01:37 AM.