Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

The One and Only DVD Talk Ad Feedback Thread (pop-ups, unders and more) (merged)

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

The One and Only DVD Talk Ad Feedback Thread (pop-ups, unders and more) (merged)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-02, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
FWIW, i'm getting popups here. Just ran ad-aware in case there was any spyware and i removed it all. Anyhow, I'm getting a pop-up for "spy on you" and another one with a bunch of guys pounding each other, and not in the boxing type way if you know what I mean.
Old 09-24-02, 12:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We aren't running any pop-ups DTSC you've probably got some new spyware running or something...
Old 09-24-02, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I didn't think so. I used ad-aware and removed all components and I've still got this sh** popping up. Any ideas how to get rid of this nonsense?
Old 09-24-02, 01:24 AM
Registered

I'm telling you... IT"S NOT FROM US. Do you have the latest version of ad-aware?

Cut and past some of the urls, I can look in to it, but we aren't serving any code that actually would pop-up.
Old 09-24-02, 01:26 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Sierra Disc
So are you guys starting to ramp up the "spam" e-mail too? I've gotten three e-mails this week from DVD Talk that aren't the newsletter (which I don't mind getting) - spam for buying Frailty, and Warner SEs. Is there a way we can "opt out" of getting this kind of spam? I can handle the pop-ups and so forth but the last thing I want is to get MORE damned spam in my e-mail. Love the site, but spam is my sworn enemy.
This past week you should have gotten:

- The DVD Talk Newsletter
- A note about Frailty DVD
- Warner Bros SE Deal

You subscribe to the newsletter, and we're sending it to you with associated advertising, which pays for the cost of your membership and subscription. Your info is never sold or disclosed to a third party.

I hate when people cry foul when we're so respectful of their privacy. Most paper magazines sell their subscriber lists to direct mailers. We don't!
Old 09-27-02, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone know how to fix the ads after they have been mangled by Ads-Gone? I tried to ask for help in another forum, but an overzealous mod didn't take the time to read my post and deleted it.
Old 09-27-02, 06:56 PM
Uber Member

Originally posted by Quake1028
Does anyone know how to fix the ads after they have been mangled by Ads-Gone? I tried to ask for help in another forum, but an overzealous mod didn't take the time to read my post and deleted it.
I presume you're talking about a different online forum than the DVDTalk ones...?

In any case, I'm not personally familiar with Ads-Gone. Is this a program you d/led and installed? If so, don't they have any instructions on their web page? You probably need to exempt the ads.kleinman.com server from the blocked sites (assuming it's an ad blocker).

Sorry I can't be of more help.

-David
Old 09-27-02, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Fixed it. Seems the uninstall does not completely wipe that garbage from your system. I don't see how this thing got a 90%. A big thumbs down from me.

Last edited by Quake1028; 09-27-02 at 07:09 PM.