Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Why was the overstock.com thread moved to the store forum?

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Why was the overstock.com thread moved to the store forum?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-01, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I realize that this post is entirely off-topic, but the overstock.com "$20 off for new customers" thread has been moved to the Store forum. The thread originated here and a number of people (including myself) are continuing to have problems with their orders. If it's appropriate to have the Troma Thread in here- why couldn't the overstock thread stay- at least until the issues are resolved??

If it can't be moved back can there be a thread for overstock, similar to that of the Troma thread- at least until things are worked out?

Old 06-29-01, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by grham09
I realize that this post is entirely off-topic
Not a good way to make yourself heard.

I didn’t move it so I can’t tell you the reason why. As I’m sure you know these kinds of messages are better placed in the Feedback forum or by mailing a Moderator, either of which will get you a quicker and more appropriate response. Beginning a new thread in the wrong forum is only compounding the problem.

Moving this to Feedback.
Old 06-29-01, 09:38 AM

Point taken, but actually, I didn't know what else to do(I am not very forum savvy ). Move away or do whatever is appropriate.

I did check the faq though before I posted, but didn't find anything helpful there. I don't post very often, because too many people seem out to mock, berate, and/or belittle others when they post. Nevertheless, I certainly wasn't trying to create problems.

It was a good way to be heard though-- it got a response

Anyway, is there anything that can be done until the overstock issues are worked out? It really isn't just limited to long shipping times; people have been receiving the wrong items and are generally being misinformed.

[Edited by grham09 on 06-29-01 at 07:40 AM]
Old 06-29-01, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dude - I feel for you... and I'm not trying to mock, berate, and/or belittle you, but you are missing the point. Go to the Store Forum, ask your questions there and you may get some real answers. This is the BARGAINS forum.

[Edited by rfduncan on 06-29-01 at 09:14 AM]