Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Geoff, Decision on Share The Love?

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Geoff, Decision on Share The Love?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-01, 11:13 AM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many of the threads on specific preorders are being hijacked by requests for the Amazon STL (i.e.: Godfather, PM Ep1, etc.). Moderators are closing all STL threads until they hear from you.

Please let us know if / when we can post STL threads (with DVDTalk affiliate links of course).
Old 06-25-01, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Geoff - he say yes!

Geoff is happy to allow a "One & Only" Share the Love thread with appropriate links in the first post so that DVDTalk gets a fair shake. I’d do it but I’m moving house and offices this coming week and I just wonÌt have the time or the ability to keep watch over this. dgc, if you’re interested in maintaining such a thread please LMK by posting here and e-mailing me. If you do not want to take it on please can other members that do, post here and I’ll pick one.

[Edited by jonathan.e on 06-25-01 at 10:49 AM]
Old 06-25-01, 01:39 PM
dgc

Re: Geoff - he say yes!

Originally posted by jonathan.e
Geoff is happy to allow a "One & Only" Share the Love thread with appropriate links in the first post so that DVDTalk gets a fair shake. I’d do it but I’m moving house and offices this coming week and I just wonÌt have the time or the ability to keep watch over this. dgc, if you’re interested in maintaining such a thread please LMK by posting here and e-mailing me. If you do not want to take it on please can other members that do, post here and I’ll pick one.

[Edited by jonathan.e on 06-25-01 at 10:49 AM]
Sure, I'll start/maintain the thread with all the appropriate links. Can't do it now, but I'll prepare something tonight when I get home.
Old 06-26-01, 07:35 AM
exm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Any updates when the new thread will be up? It seems that multiple threads are used (again) for STL begging.
Old 06-26-01, 09:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DGC

Hey,

Did you still want to do the Share the Love thread?

I have to go out of town this weekend, so I won't be able to maintain it much past this week. I just started one so we would have something to use until you finished yours .

E-mail me if you were still wanting to do it and I will give you all of my info that you need and delete the old thread.
Old 06-26-01, 10:28 PM
dgc

Re: DGC

Originally posted by Applejack
Hey,

Did you still want to do the Share the Love thread?

I have to go out of town this weekend, so I won't be able to maintain it much past this week. I just started one so we would have something to use until you finished yours .

E-mail me if you were still wanting to do it and I will give you all of my info that you need and delete the old thread.
No thank you. I'm grateful that you steped in. I will however share the content I have to help improve and minimize the maintenance to the thread.

I can see this thread turning into a maintenance nightmare a'la the Columbia House threads.

It's your 400 lb. Gorilla now. Enjoy.

Edited for:

P.S. If you really can't commit to maintaining the thread, I'm sure there is someone willing to put the time and effort into the STL thread. See who's interested and let the Moderator, Johnathan.e pick one out of the bunch.

[Edited by dgc on 06-26-01 at 08:34 PM]
Old 06-27-01, 06:00 AM
exm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I personally don't think it's working the way it is now. I've posted some titles on the first page and NO activity whatsoever. However, posting my name and adding to Friends list DID result in some STL. The right thing to do is to make a (huge) list with everyone who's interested in becoming part of your personal friends list.