Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

100 Movies. 31 Days. The 11th Annual October Horror Movie Challenge (Oct 1-31) Pt 2

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

100 Movies. 31 Days. The 11th Annual October Horror Movie Challenge (Oct 1-31) Pt 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-15, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 11th Annual October Horror Movie Challenge (Oct 1-31) Pt

The Church has managed to fall under my radar. I need to add that to my to watch list.

My splitting headache has made me not feel guilty about catching up on this thread during a presentation.

I watched Nightmare on Elm Street 4 for today's theme. That movie has continued to grow on me over the years. It's a fun movie, even if it gets a little goofy at times.

I'm thinking maybe The Conjuring tonight to finish up the checklist. I'm really surprised the Blu-ray doesn't have an audio commentary, though. I was planning to watch it with the commentary if it was there. I figured it would be a great source of information to talk about the real couple on which the movie was based. That seems like a missed opportunity to me.
Old 10-19-15, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 11th Annual October Horror Movie Challenge (Oct 1-31) Pt

Originally Posted by shadokitty
This must be a different All Hallows Eve that is on Amazon Prime. I started watching it last night, and from what I saw, it was based on a true story about a maniac at a lake.
Yes it is ShadoKitty. The one your watching is with Danielle Harris called Hallows Eve correct? I have yet to view that one and it's one I wanna check out.
Here is the one I'm speaking off

Originally Posted by Chad

That's an underrated anthology that should get more recognition. Didn't even realize there was a sequel.
I agree Chad. Glad I found this little gem. The 2nd part came out this month, after looking it up. It's based on a pumpkin face killer this time. Can't wait to see it tonight!

Old 10-19-15, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by clckworang
The Church has managed to fall under my radar. I need to add that to my to watch list.

My splitting headache has made me not feel guilty about catching up on this thread during a presentation.

I watched Nightmare on Elm Street 4 for today's theme. That movie has continued to grow on me over the years. It's a fun movie, even if it gets a little goofy at times.

I'm thinking maybe The Conjuring tonight to finish up the checklist. I'm really surprised the Blu-ray doesn't have an audio commentary, though. I was planning to watch it with the commentary if it was there. I figured it would be a great source of information to talk about the real couple on which the movie was based. That seems like a missed opportunity to me.
There is some fascinating Youtube docs on this subject. Mostly debunkery but I still found them interesting. Current owner of that house is pissed about all the people sneaking onto her property since the film came out.
Old 10-19-15, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 229 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Dick Laurent
I enjoy these school-themed horror films. Any suggestions for ones on Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime? It's a difficult subject to search for.
If you're into J-Horror, you could try Ring of Curse, which is streaming on Netflix. I watched it earlier in the month for the Challenge, and here's what I wrote about it:
Outsider teenage girl is bullied into writing a play for school; little do her classmates know that everything she writes is cursed, and whoever reads it dies. This low-budget film is rather ambitious, considering that it was conceived mainly as a vehicle for the three girls in the Japanese pop group Buono! (the exclamation mark is theirs, not mine). It has a Rashomon-like structure, with the middle part of the film the most effective, as it’s told from the point of view of the bullied girl. It’s certainly not the best Japanese horror film that I’ve ever seen, but I’ve also seen far worse. Keep watching after the credits for a fun meta-moment.
Old 10-19-15, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
There is some fascinating Youtube docs on this subject. Mostly debunkery but I still found them interesting. Current owner of that house is pissed about all the people sneaking onto her property since the film came out.
Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check that out.
Old 10-19-15, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
Any particular reason why you make new threads? Why not just have one big long one and see how far it goes?
Originally Posted by Chad
^Back in the day the forum only allowed a certain thread length, and I was told by the mods/admins to start a new thread once it hit around 800 posts. I've just kept the tradition alive, despite it being unnecessary for several years.
Thread is Closed.

Please continue discussion in part 3.