Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Will "The Fosters" come out on DVD?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-15, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will "The Fosters" come out on DVD?

It's an ABC family show that's already done with it's second season and almost on it's third.
Why isn't there a dvd?
Will there be a dvd?
Old 04-03-15, 08:06 PM

Re: Will "The Fosters" come out on DVD?

most of it is already on netflix
Old 04-03-15, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All you can do is wait and see, but more and more tv titles aren't getting any sort of a release (such as The Lying Game or Ravenswood, maybe not Chasing Life either), or only getting mod/dvd-r releases, such as more and more Lifetime (Client List, Witches of East End, etc.) and USA titles (Graceland, Rush), Finding Carter from MTV, Network comedies (Crazy Ones, Happy Endings, Friends with Better Lives, Don't Trust the B, etc.), more CW shows (all the first Season stuff and now titles like Hart of Dixie too), etc. It's been a growing problem that keeps getting worse.

Some retailers are shrinking their media sections, having to stock both dvd's and blu-ray's of the same titles means less room, and if enough stores say that they aren't interested in carrying them then more and more shows can't even get dvd's.
Old 04-04-15, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

A show like this one, with a limited following on a niche cable channel, probably won't hit pressed DVDs now that prior seasons have already been skipped.

The studios hope fans will buy the digital streaming versions these days.
Old 07-06-15, 02:26 AM

Does anyone know when season 3 episode 5 goes on Netflix
Old 07-31-15, 11:49 AM

I love this show and wish it would get a dvd release too!

Id love to see extra features as this show really adds to the increasing LGBT representation in mainstream television.

It also seems to be a sign that everything is going digital which sucks as I love the art of collecting and showcasing my tv/movie library
Old 08-06-15, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Strapped4Cash
All you can do is wait and see, but more and more tv titles aren't getting any sort of a release (such as The Lying Game or Ravenswood, maybe not Chasing Life either), or only getting mod/dvd-r releases, such as more and more Lifetime (Client List, Witches of East End, etc.) and USA titles (Graceland, Rush), Finding Carter from MTV, Network comedies (Crazy Ones, Happy Endings, Friends with Better Lives, Don't Trust the B, etc.), more CW shows (all the first Season stuff and now titles like Hart of Dixie too), etc. It's been a growing problem that keeps getting worse.

Some retailers are shrinking their media sections, having to stock both dvd's and blu-ray's of the same titles means less room, and if enough stores say that they aren't interested in carrying them then more and more shows can't even get dvd's.
I have noticed this too. VH1 is another network that is going the DVD-R route for their shows.

As for The Fosters, I like the show and wouldn't mine owning a DVD set if there some features. I think the main concern of ABC Family these days is making additional profits off Pretty Little Liars.