Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 12-12-13, 04:09 PM   #1
flixtime
DVD Talk Gold Edition

THE RIFLEMAN - Chuck Connors, TV series - S1 now available on DVD

The complete first season (40 episodes) of the classic Western TV series - THE RIFLEMAN - starring Chuck Connors was released last week on DVD.

As of right now it appears to be available only from the official Rifleman website:

http://www.therifleman.net

And...umm...don't kill the messenger...but the price is $69.95 (not including shipping/handling (and even tax perhaps for some)). Yeah I know, if they ever release seasons 2 through 5, it'll be mighty expensive for those wanting to purchase the show.
Old 12-14-13, 07:40 PM   #2
smurr05
Banned

Re: THE RIFLEMAN - Chuck Connors, TV series - S1 now available on DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixtime View Post
The complete first season (40 episodes) of the classic Western TV series - THE RIFLEMAN - starring Chuck Connors was released last week on DVD.

As of right now it appears to be available only from the official Rifleman website:

http://www.therifleman.net

And...umm...don't kill the messenger...but the price is $69.95 (not including shipping/handling (and even tax perhaps for some)). Yeah I know, if they ever release seasons 2 through 5, it'll be mighty expensive for those wanting to purchase the show.
Really want this series BUT no way at that price!!! Will wait for a complete series set or a major price reduction!!!
Old 12-14-13, 09:41 PM   #3
That'sAllFolks
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: THE RIFLEMAN - Chuck Connors, TV series - S1 now available on DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurr05 View Post
Really want this series BUT no way at that price!!! Will wait for a complete series set or a major price reduction!!!
+1. Not a big western fan, but I do like The Rifleman.

My collection: Blu-ray.com Blu-rays ... Blu-ray.com DVDs ... DVD Profiler (Way out of date)
Old 12-15-13, 09:51 AM   #4
flixtime
DVD Talk Gold Edition

But...they used a "glass mold" and a "professional post-production studio"...

Kidding aside, I really do wonder how successful this release is going to be...if someone like myself aka close to, if not exactly, the target audience is holding off because of the price...well, I wonder what that may mean for the releases of the remaining seasons...even setting aside the price, I do wonder about how successful this "website exclusive" distribution model can possibly be for a show like this.

If I recall correctly, when this was still in "reserve your copy" phase and nearing release there might have even been something posted along the lines of...once we e-mail that your copy is ready for purchase you will have 72 hours to complete your purchase after which your reservation will expire...kind of made me roll my eyes...as if this was actually going to sell out right away.