Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

AVOID - Night Court Season 4 - Warner Archive - MULTIPLE ERRORS WARNER IS IGNORING

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

AVOID - Night Court Season 4 - Warner Archive - MULTIPLE ERRORS WARNER IS IGNORING

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-10, 07:32 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it boils down to stupid errors of miscommunication & lack of basic reading by whoever authored these discs for warner, they will all have to be fixed, this is not an isolated incident

disc 1
- has lip sync issue on episide 1 where face and voice do not sync - i do not know if more than 1 disc or episode has the problem
- on the dvd disc art it lists DANS OPERATION PART 2 as being on the disc BUT IT IS MISSING

disc 2
- on the dvd disc art does not list DANS OPERATION PART 2 BUT it is on the dvd as an episode
- it lists on the dvd disc art BUT is not on the dvd is NEW YEARS LEAVE + MURDER

disc 3
- lists on the dvd disc art BUT it is not on the disc is CHRISTINES FRIEND
- not listed on dvd disc art BUT is on episode NEW YEARS LEAVE + MURDER

disc 4
- not on the disc art BUT is on the dvd is CHRISTINES FRIEND
Old 10-26-10, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: AVOID - Night Court Season 4 - Warner Archive - MULTIPLE ERRORS WARNER IS IGNORIN

Paging SpottedFeather to defend the Warner Archive program.
Old 10-26-10, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: AVOID - Night Court Season 4 - Warner Archive - MULTIPLE ERRORS WARNER IS IGNORIN

The episode listing errors aren't shocking. It's happened before on commercially released products.

The lip synch issue is inexcusable.
Old 10-26-10, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
The episode listing errors aren't shocking. It's happened before on commercially released products.

The lip synch issue is inexcusable.
yes they are shocking, you would figure these mega billion dollar corporations could hire some to learn to read and sync what is on disc to what is listed on the discs
Old 10-27-10, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Typical stupid MOD crap! I wish WB would pay attention to the products they are submitting for sale and actually give a damn about what they sell in the process; if not, then don't even bother producing it if you're going to take a half-ass and lazy-ass approach on things! Unbelievable!!!
Old 10-27-10, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

The episode listing issue is a pain but not the end of the world. At least they're not missing completely.
Old 10-27-10, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Didn't this just come out?
Old 10-27-10, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
The episode listing issue is a pain but not the end of the world. At least they're not missing completely.
typical whipped consumer answer, if consumers do not complain about sloppy work it will continue and continue

and details are important, you know like having dsics labeled right and actual voice syncing woth movements
Old 10-27-10, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Didn't this just come out?
yep a month ago and warner has been too lazy to fix it
Old 10-27-10, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rqman52
typical whipped consumer answer, if consumers do not complain about sloppy work it will continue and continue

and details are important, you know like having dsics labeled right and actual voice syncing woth movements

Nice.

Enjoy your crusade.
Old 10-27-10, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I probably wouldn't have noticed the episode listing issue, but the lip sync with sound...that's tears it. I can't bring myself to watch anything like that.'

Is this a problem with all the sets? Or a possible error in burning that they resolved? And is it just because it's a MOD disc? You know there have been pressed DVDs with similar issues in the past. I had a problem with Pineapple Express before, and that was a regular pressed DVD, not MOD.
Old 10-27-10, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

it boils down to stupid errors of miscommunication & lack of basic reading by whoever authored these discs for warner, they will all have to be fixed, this is not an isolated incident

disc 1
- has lip sync issue on episide 1 where face and voice do not sync - i do not know if more than 1 disc or episode has the problem
- on the dvd disc art it lists DANS OPERATION PART 2 as being on the disc BUT IT IS MISSING

disc 2
- on the dvd disc art does not list DANS OPERATION PART 2 BUT it is on the dvd as an episode
- it lists on the dvd disc art BUT is not on the dvd is NEW YEARS LEAVE + MURDER

disc 3
- lists on the dvd disc art BUT it is not on the disc is CHRISTINES FRIEND
- not listed on dvd disc art BUT is on episode NEW YEARS LEAVE + MURDER

disc 4
- not on the disc art BUT is on the dvd is CHRISTINES FRIEND
OK, valid points...but where is the evidence they are ignoring all these errors? Did you contact them? The set just came out. How many complaints have they received? I think I will wait to see how they handle this before saying they are ignoring it. Maybe a letter to Gord Lacey at TVshowsondvd.com would be appropriate...that way he could let other people know of the problem and give it more attention.
Old 10-28-10, 05:59 PM

I count a minimum of 7 typos/grammatical/punctuation errors in a post railing about details being important... Hmmmmm.....
Old 11-01-10, 07:03 PM

It appears that Warner Brothers has removed Night Court Season 4 from their offerings. I would assume the OP has gotten a response from them and should share it with us. I have purchased over 100 of their archive titles and fortunately had only 2 separate issues which they quickly rectified.
First post and a big Howdy to you all
Old 11-02-10, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Howdy back, Ish! Welcome to the forum!
Old 11-02-10, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ish, keep us posted and updated on what you find out about this set and if WB will do the right thing here and provide info on replacement discs.
Old 11-03-10, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kstublen
Paging SpottedFeather to defend the Warner Archive program.
Please don't do that.
Old 11-04-10, 12:36 AM
Banned

You people are acting as though so called normal dvds don't have these problems. I've had discs, unscratched, that wouldn't play because of mastering problems. I've had discs that were scratched right out of the package. I've had discs that didn't have features that were listed. It's all about quality control. A properly mastered MOD disc shouldn't have any more problems than a store bought one. The reason, I'm sure, that these dvds are having so many problems is that they are not mainstream offerings so they don't look over them as much.
Old 11-04-10, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The WB just pulled that title from their shop and according to TVshowsondvd.com, they're investigating the issues with this set and hoping they'll (WB) get back to us on how to attain replacement discs.
Old 11-05-10, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather
You people are acting as though so called normal dvds don't have these problems. I've had discs, unscratched, that wouldn't play because of mastering problems. I've had discs that were scratched right out of the package. I've had discs that didn't have features that were listed. It's all about quality control. A properly mastered MOD disc shouldn't have any more problems than a store bought one. The reason, I'm sure, that these dvds are having so many problems is that they are not mainstream offerings so they don't look over them as much.
You are calling Night Court not mainstream, what are you on ? It is only one of the best comedies and Emmy awarded comedy shoes of the 80's and 90's.

Warner simply screwed fans by not doing pressed discsd and getting them into stores and/or letting SHOUT or another lable take the show and release it.
Old 11-05-10, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Inversely you could say fans simply screwed Warner by not buying enough copies of the previous Night Court releases to make it financially viable for them to release it as a pressed disc or to sub license it out to a label like Shout Factory.

These issues (which aside from the synicing issue, which wasn't completely terribly on my player) seem minor to me, all the episodes are present (with no cuts and original music as far as I can tell) and could just as well have happened on a pressed season set.
Old 11-05-10, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Lastdaysofrain
Inversely you could say fans simply screwed Warner by not buying enough copies of the previous Night Court releases to make it financially viable for them to release it as a pressed disc or to sub license it out to a label like Shout Factory.

These issues (which aside from the synicing issue, which wasn't completely terribly on my player) seem minor to me, all the episodes are present (with no cuts and original music as far as I can tell) and could just as well have happened on a pressed season set.
I don't care if it's MOD or DVD, I appreciate the heads up on technical problems with any release. I feel a syncing issue is a big deal.

And I wouldn't say the fans "screwed" Warner. I didn't even know they released more sets after season 1 until I read this thread. Awesome! I'll definitely pick up season 2 and 3. This was a great show.
Old 11-05-10, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You are calling Night Court not mainstream, what are you on ? It is only one of the best comedies and Emmy awarded comedy shoes of the 80's and 90's.
80's maybe, 90's not so much. And Larroquette's the only one that got any Emmy love off that show.
Old 11-05-10, 04:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CharlieK
80's maybe, 90's not so much. And Larroquette's the only one that got any Emmy love off that show.
I know Night Court is a mainstream show. It's one of my favourites, but what I meant by not a mainstream release is that it's not released in any stores...only on a website. So, they won't manufacture as many sets.
Old 11-05-10, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lastdaysofrain

WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Warner's "brillant" ( i am being sarcastic) marketing department had sales expectations of 500,000 units per season, which is not realistic when they failed to get any of the seasons into retail stores at a good penetration rate. SDo Warners stupid marketing screwed the series and the fans.

Sub-lincesing would made them money, but they are more in love with MOD instead of putting out good product

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.