Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Is Family Ties Probably dead on dvd?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Is Family Ties Probably dead on dvd?

Old 04-05-13, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Is Family Ties Probably dead on dvd?

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Dude, relax? Tirade? Life or death? Brash?

I re-read it and, honestly, you seem to be describing yourself. I created the thread, so I don't think it surprises anyone that I'm very interested in getting the last two seasons of Family Ties.

I think I've made similar comments through the thread and I haven't been accused of going on a tirade, being brash or thinking the release of dvds is life and death until you came along.

Years ago, I might have over-reacted the way that you did, but I learned to not personalize everything that's written on a message board. If you think I've been tyrannical and brash, then I won't argue with you.
And good for you and hoping you get the last two seasons of the show and good luck in that venture but again, you need to show a little compassion when you word out your thoughts is all I am saying to you. I never asked you to argue with me to begin with over a DVD set or TV show of all things, but it is what it is so let's just call it a day, shall we? Moving onwards now.
Old 04-05-13, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love Family Ties. I wonder what is happening with the rest of Facts of Life, Maude, Growing Pains and Who's The Boss. I recognize that sales were not always strong for some of these releases, but I don't get why certain shit shows like FASTLANE? which barely lased 1 season, get releases. I hate how they start releasing a series then just stop. Don't keep us hanging.
Old 04-08-13, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Fastlane is a new show, and the contracts are different. For 80s shows (and earlier) they never wrote into the deals anything about home video sales, so for all those shows it's a negotiation for each season. I'd love to see the rest of Facts and Growing Pains. I don't know how well they did during their recent runs on The Hub, but I imagine there just isn't the audience out there to buy them. I'd be happy with MOD releases.
Old 04-08-13, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts

Well, in all fairness they also released one season of Fastlane and then stopped. Committing to a one-and-done is a lot easier than sustaining a show over multiple seasons.
Old 05-08-13, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/18425

A month ago, after a 4-year wait, the show's sixth season finally came to stores, leaving only a single season set to complete the classic sitcom's entire run on DVD. Now Amazon has begun taking pre-orders for a release of Family Ties - The 7th Season on DVD! This listing is prior to CBS/ Paramount's official announcement for the item, though, so instead of a street date Amazon only says "This title has not yet been released. You may pre-order it now and we will deliver it to you when it arrives." Pricing is available, though, currently showing $45.98 SRP (you can, of course, lock in your copy right away at a discounted price, if you order it using the link above). There are no other details available so far at Amazon's entry, nor any cover art yet for the item. Stay tuned, however, and we'll update you further on this title, just as soon as we find out anything more! Our thanks to one of our readers, Randy Bloch, for pointing this item out to us.

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/18425#ixzz2Sk50BH2h
Old 05-09-13, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm thinking it'll still come out right around July or August and again, it's just a guess at my end.
Old 05-13-13, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/18454

August 13th

Old 05-13-13, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy fuck that cover is terrifying. Somone check the back of Alexs head for a number tattoo.
Old 05-13-13, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Quack
So I was right after all in my guess as to when this series would be done...also heard Becker S5 is coming out real soon and hoping for Green Acres resumption on DVD as well.
Old 05-15-13, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm so happy this series is finally being finished, but I hate that cover!
Old 06-01-13, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

I'm just happy that I'll be able to have the whole series on DVD
Old 06-01-13, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 699 Likes on 570 Posts

Will they eventually release a box set?
Old 08-07-13, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
Will they eventually release a box set?
Ask and you shall receive.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Family-...e-Series/18810

From 2007 through earlier this year, Paramount Home Entertainment released separate sets for each of the 7 seasons for Family Ties, the show which made actor Michael J. Fox a household name. Now the studio is compiling these together into one collectible gift set, Family Ties - The Complete Series, set to be in stores on November 5th. Fans who have already bought those previous release might be peeved, though, because the studio says to retailers that they should expect this set to include an "exclusive bonus disc not available on the season sets" (details not available yet), plus the "photo album packaging [that] showcases rare photos of the cast and memorable moments from each season." Here's a pre-order button link from Amazon, showing a nice discount from a list price of $220.98 SRP, plus an early look at that packaging (may not be finalized yet, and could be subject to change):

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Family-...#ixzz2bKKPseOS
Old 08-07-13, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm glad it's getting a release but I hate those book-style folders with the pockets. Expect complaints of scratched discs.
Old 08-08-13, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 328 Likes on 247 Posts

Gee, might be nice if they made that bonus disc available separately for the people who already bought the individual sets.
Old 08-11-13, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

No Amazon cover art for season 7 being released in three days?
Old 08-11-13, 12:03 PM
Suspended

How much was the complete set on amazon, when that article came out? You save a big 99 cents today.
Old 08-20-13, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,128 Likes on 888 Posts

I might just pick up the complete series set since I only ever got around to buying the first two seasons and would like them all anyways. Plus the bonus disc of extras would be nice too depending what's on it.
Old 08-29-13, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ask and you shall receive.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Family-...e-Series/18810

From 2007 through earlier this year, Paramount Home Entertainment released separate sets for each of the 7 seasons for Family Ties, the show which made actor Michael J. Fox a household name. Now the studio is compiling these together into one collectible gift set, Family Ties - The Complete Series, set to be in stores on November 5th. Fans who have already bought those previous release might be peeved, though, because the studio says to retailers that they should expect this set to include an "exclusive bonus disc not available on the season sets" (details not available yet), plus the "photo album packaging [that] showcases rare photos of the cast and memorable moments from each season." Here's a pre-order button link from Amazon, showing a nice discount from a list price of $220.98 SRP, plus an early look at that packaging (may not be finalized yet, and could be subject to change):

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Family-...#ixzz2bKKPseOS
It looks like one of those complete series sets where the DVDs are prone to get scratched when you take them out. I hope I am wrong.

Originally Posted by Mike86
I might just pick up the complete series set since I only ever got around to buying the first two seasons and would like them all anyways. Plus the bonus disc of extras would be nice too depending what's on it.
And I am in the same boat as you. When they abandoned the series, and I was paying off my car, I didn't really pay attention to new stuff coming out for a few years because I didn't have much extra cash to have fun with anyway and I assumed the show was good as dead so I stopped even looking for releases or news for it. So...I am interested in this complete series.
Old 09-14-13, 06:54 AM

NBC’s Family Ties has remained the most adorable show in its 7 years of existence during the 80s. I get nostalgic when I first saw this show and ever since then, I always wait for each episode every week. This sitcom is also the debut of Michael J. Fox whom is one of the finest actor I’ve ever seen. The whole cast of this show is pretty talented, the scriptwriters of this really did their job very well by producing great storylines every week! Each episode makes me laugh a thousand of time and spending the half hour of your day watching this sitcom is really worth it.

One of my guilty pleasures is watching this show until now from the DVD Collection I bought from yourdvdcorner.com. The feeling of owning the complete episodes of this show is overwhelming. It’s definitely nice to look back and make some enjoyment once again! You better watch this hit TV sitcom if you have a chance and I assure you that you will get crazy laughing at each scenes!
Old 08-22-14, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Cheaper version of the complete series coming soon.

$62.99 coming on 11/11/13
Old 08-24-14, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Cheaper version of the complete series coming soon.
Everyone should note that this new set DOES NOT include the bonus disc available in the prior Series Set. This one is merely the previous individual season sets inside a new slipcase. CBS is doing this with a number of series, including CHARMED, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, and TAXI.
Old 08-25-14, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,011 Likes on 616 Posts

What was on the bonus disc?
Old 11-12-14, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got this in the mail yesterday, happy to finally have the series.
Old 11-12-14, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Hmm, I thought I'd been keeping up with this thread but I never noticed that spam from LiLNikita.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.