Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Old 04-17-10, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by MrZac
It will include most of 2009, that's why the description posted before in this forum said it would include events like Breaking Point and Hell in a Cell. Also on the DVD cover it clearly says 2009-2010, plus it shows Triple H in DX gear, Mysterio with the IC title, and Orton handcuffed to Cena, all of those things would be from PPV's in 2009.
Which is why they should only have 2009 PPV matches on there and label it "best ppv matches of 2009". Makes them sound retarded when they say something is the best of "2010" when 2010 is not even half over!
Old 04-18-10, 01:43 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Which is why they should only have 2009 PPV matches on there and label it "best ppv matches of 2009". Makes them sound retarded when they say something is the best of "2010" when 2010 is not even half over!
They simply arn't looking at it the same as you do. There hasn't been a match listing yet, at least not that I've seen, but we can assume it'll go from Wrestlemania to Wrestlemania. That's how the WWE "season" works more or less. This is 2009-2010, if they make this a regular release the next will be 2010-2011 and so on. Hardly seems like anything to get upset over.
Old 04-18-10, 07:53 AM
Cool New Member

Your post makes you sound retarded. It's not the best of "2010". It's the best of "2009-2010". It covers matches from Wrestlemania 25 to Elimination Chamber 2010.

Think of the NFL. Their season runs from the end of one year to the beginning of the next. And we always get "best of's" at the end of the season. And yet no one says "how can this be the best of this year when this year is not over yet".

So think of this set as the "best of the 2009-2010 SEASON".

We're going to (hopefully) get this set again next year. Please don't complain about it then too.
Old 04-18-10, 08:48 AM

Well actually, it would go from Backlash 2009-Wrestlemania XXVI if I'm not mistaken.
Old 04-18-10, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think WWE would just be smart to put all of the best PPV matches of 2009, plain and simple. This whole 2009-2010 business is a little convoluted.
Old 04-18-10, 12:48 PM

i really hope the raw seasons are blue ray, for that many raws it would make more sense seeing how you can fit much more per disc

i wish there was also a interactive thing they do on sets that big, choose your top 10 best raws or something then they send you only those
Old 04-18-10, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They won't be on Blu-ray, and in fact, I'll be shocked if they even release the whole complete set at all. I assume you're talking about the 1993 Raw set, which has been discussed lately as being released on dvd in the future due to a recent blurb in WWE magazine. I'd be surprised if it ends up being any more than a 3 disc "best of" type release. It makes much more sense, from a financial standpoint, for them to go year by year this way rather than do complete sets.
Old 04-18-10, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts

I'm sure this has been covered but I couldn't find it in my search- is the Elimination Chamber 2010 DVD edited during Undertaker's entrance? I know they tend to edit screw ups like Ultimo Dragon's entrance at WrestleMania a few years ago or Mikki James sticking her tongue on Trish in a "provocative" fashion a few years ago.
Old 04-18-10, 04:33 PM

Don't be surprised- they're the same idiots who called last year's Wrestlemania the 25th anniversary, when it was actually the 25th Mania.
Old 04-18-10, 10:37 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by JeremyM
I'm sure this has been covered but I couldn't find it in my search- is the Elimination Chamber 2010 DVD edited during Undertaker's entrance? I know they tend to edit screw ups like Ultimo Dragon's entrance at WrestleMania a few years ago or Mikki James sticking her tongue on Trish in a "provocative" fashion a few years ago.
I didn't see the show live so I don't know for sure what it originally looked like but on the DVD you see Taker walking, then they cut to the Rey in the ring, and then cut back to Taker ripping his coat off looking awfully pissed off.
Old 04-19-10, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It would appear that the TNA Cross the Line: Volume 3 set will indeed be packaged in ONE keepcase, somehow on ONE disc, and not in three cases for three discs like the first two boxsets. These pics are from ebay:

I'm both relieved and nervous about the relief. On one hand, I had been uncertain about whether or not I would keep Against All Odds '10 (not a big fan of the Hogan/Bischoff regime), and having them in one set pretty much makes the decision for me.

Also, it took forever for Best Buy and FYE around me to get any in, and it took even longer for me to find a copy where the box wasn't all dented to hell. The boxes themselves were very cheapy produced, and it took me months before I found one that wasn't messed up. The first CTL set came out in November '08, I bought it in February '09. The second came out in April '09, I bought it in July..

This takes away the worry about finding one in good shape.

On the other hand, though...

If this is all on one disc, is it a flipper? Will that somehow compromise the picture and sound quality?

Or worse, what if TNA tried some weird packaging to get three separate discs in one keep case? Knowing TNA, I wouldn't be surprised if it's something that puts the disc itself at risk.

Anyway, for the time being I'm excited. This will definitely be the best CTL set yet. Turning Point '09 was one of the best ppvs of the year, Final Resolution was almost as good, and while by no means perfect, Against All Odds not only had a fun little jumble of matches, it had a dream match of mine (which everyone rightfully disliked) in Team 3D vs. The Nasty Boys.
Old 04-19-10, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maybe it's 3 discs stacked on top of each other like the Tombstone History of The Undertaker (the US version anyways).

Or if possible it's a double sided dual layer DVD (also known as DVD-18) which holds 15.9GB or just a regular dual layer known as DVD-9 (but will suffer from compression issues).

I ordered the set from ROH during the Spring sale since for some reason it's delayed in Canada til June. Maybe the Canadian packaging will be different with 3 separate discs in 3 cases. Like the Canadian packaging of Tombstone Undertaker was different than the US, instead of 3 discs stacked it's basically a double-sided flipper with Disc 1 on the front and Disc 2 behind with Disc 3 on it's own hub.

I doubt TNA would do that but it's possible.

Last edited by sg2386; 04-19-10 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-19-10, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sg2386
Like the Canadian packaging of Tombstone Undertaker was different than the US, instead of 3 discs stacked it's basically a double-sided flipper with Disc 1 on the front and Disc 2 behind with Disc 3 on it's own hub.

I doubt TNA would do that but it's possible.
That would be the best-case scenario, I hope that's how they do it.
Old 04-19-10, 03:52 PM

It says it at the very bottom of the right hand corner "THIS 3 DISC SET CONTAINS OVER 10 HOURS OF TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION COURTESY OF TNA WRESTLING...."

So it definately is a 3 disc set, wonder how it's laid out.
Old 04-19-10, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Then it's most likely 3 stacked discs.
Old 04-20-10, 12:16 AM

...Or it could simply have a tray inside that holds 2 of the discs: either both on the same side or one on each side of the tray, and then the 3rd in the back like a normal 1 disc case. I believe 'Mick Foley: Hits and Misses Hardcore Edition' 3 disc set had this setup. Im not at home or I would look.
Old 04-20-10, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by l8nerduke32
...Or it could simply have a tray inside that holds 2 of the discs: either both on the same side or one on each side of the tray, and then the 3rd in the back like a normal 1 disc case. I believe 'Mick Foley: Hits and Misses Hardcore Edition' 3 disc set had this setup. Im not at home or I would look.
Yea, Greatest Hits and Misses Hardcore Edition has that setup along with the Canadian versions of Tombstone: History of the Undertaker and American Dream: The Dusty Rhodes Story

I was disappointed that we never got the talking Dusty Rhodes package like the US, but rather a regular case.

Whomever picks up Cross the Line 3 tomorrow hopefully will post pics of the inside. I was hoping the packaging would be like Vol. 1 and 2 so they could be lined up nicely on my DVD shelf.
Old 04-20-10, 10:56 AM

Saw this on another forum:

WWE is currently working on a three-disc DVD set that will include all the Monday Night RAW episodes from 1993.

A “Best of the WWE Divas” box set is also being worked on. The Divas set will feature interviews, matches and photo shoots. The DVD will likely only feature current WWE Divas on the roster.

As previously noted here on WNZ, WWE is also planning a Randy Orton three-disc DVD set that will feature a documentary and matches, including stuff from Orton’s WWE developmental career. The Orton DVD should be released late 2010 or early 2011.

Other ideas being tossed around for future WWE DVD releases include a three-disc set on Big Show, a History of the US Title set and a Best of WCW Nitro set. WWE is also planning on releasing old DVD’s on Blu-ray such as the recent Edge and Rey Mysterio sets.
Old 04-20-10, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sg2386
I was hoping the packaging would be like Vol. 1 and 2 so they could be lined up nicely on my DVD shelf.
Normally, I would agree with that, I'm just thinking it's helpful in terms of shelf space.
Old 04-20-10, 11:16 AM

Match Listing for "Best of 2009"

Last Man Standing Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Edge vs. John Cena
Backlash April 26, 2009

ECW Championship Match
Christian vs. Jack Swagger
Backlash April 26, 2009

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Jeff Hardy vs. Edge
Judgment Day May 17, 2009

Mask vs. Intercontinental Championship Match
Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Jericho
The Bash June 28, 2009

6-Pack Challenge for the United States Championship
Kofi Kingston vs. MVP vs. The Miz vs. Jack Swagger vs. Carlito vs. Primo
Night of Champions July 26, 2009

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship
John Cena vs. Triple H vs. Randy Orton
Night of Champions July 26, 2009

Intercontinental Championship Match
Dolph Ziggler vs. Rey Mysterio
SummerSlam August 23, 2009

Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Jeff Hardy vs. CM Punk
SummerSlam August 23, 2009

“I Quit” Match for the WWE Championship
John Cena vs. Randy Orton
Breaking Point September 13, 2009

Tag Team Hell in a Cell Match
D-Generation X vs. Legacy
Hell in a Cell October 4, 2009

Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Big Show, Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger & Kofi Kingston vs. Chris Jericho, Kane, Matt Hardy, Finlay, R-Truth, David Hart Smith & Tyson Kidd
Bragging Rights October 25, 2009

Traditional Survivor Series Match
The Miz, Jack Swagger, Sheamus, Drew McIntyre, & Dolph Ziggler Vs. John Morrison, Evan Bourne, Matt Hardy, Finlay, & Shelton Benjamin
Survivor Series November 22, 2009

Ladder Match for the ECW Championship
Christian vs. Shelton Benjamin
WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs December 13, 2009

Women’s Championship Match
Michelle McCool vs. Mickie James
Royal Rumble January 31, 2010

Streak vs. Career
The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels
WrestleMania 26 March 28, 2010

Special Features:
John Cena discusses his match from Backlash
Christian discusses his match from Backlash
Rey Mysterio discusses his match from The Bash
Kofi Kingston discusses his match from Night of Champions
Rey Mysterio discusses his match from SummerSlam
John Cena discusses his match from Breaking Point
Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase discuss their match from Hell in a Cell
Matt Hardy discusses his match from Bragging Rights
The Miz discusses his match from Survivor Series

Blu-ray Exclusive Content:

Singapore Cane Match
Great Khali vs. Kane
Breaking Point September 13, 2009

Unified Tag Team Championship Match
Chris Jericho & Big Show vs. Batista & Rey Mysterio
Hell in a Cell October 4, 2009

Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match for the Unified Tag Team Championships
D-Generation X vs. Chris Jericho & Big Show
WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs December 13, 2009

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Rey Mysterio vs. The Undertaker
Royal Rumble January 31, 2010
Old 04-20-10, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Surprised they didn't include Hardy/Edge Ladder match from Extreme Rules which i thought was way better than their match at Judgment Day.

Also Khali/Kane as Blu-ray exclusive?!?!

I guess Backlash to Wrestlemania makes sense, looks like it will be a yearly release.
Old 04-20-10, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by l8nerduke32

I bought the set today, and it's got the 2 disc flipper, with the 3rd disc on the back side of the case. It is infact, just like the 3 disc version of Foley's Hits & Misses set. By the way, I got it at FYE for $14.99, sweet deal!
Old 04-20-10, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Aces_High
I bought the set today, and it's got the 2 disc flipper, with the 3rd disc on the back side of the case. It is infact, just like the 3 disc version of Foley's Hits & Misses set. By the way, I got it at FYE for $14.99, sweet deal!
Whew, that's a huge relief. Any pics?
Old 04-20-10, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

McCool vs Mickie at RR was a shitty match, who voted for that damn match? They should have had Taker vs Rey instead
Old 04-20-10, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It wasn't even a match, it lasted like 15 seconds.

It's good that they didn't strictly put main event matches, but also mid card and upper mid card matches. A pretty well-rounded DVD/Blu-ray set.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.