Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

G.I. JOE: Rise of the Cobra---November 3rd

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-09, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: G.I. JOE: Rise of the Cobra---November 3rd

I'm not completely against the "Digital Copy". I just wish I didn't have to pay for it. It should be free! I hate what Fox and Lionsgate are doing: charging $34.99 msrp (about $25 retail) for a "Two-Disc Digital Copy Special Edition" when A.) its technically a one disc release, B.) once you extract the digital copy, the disc is pretty much useless, and C.) the digital copy expires after 1 year so its bound to become a coaster. And its just a waste of plastic. I love what Universal did with Hellboy II, Incredible Hulk, Wanted and the Fast and Furious double-dips: the digital copy is free and you get your money's worth! Simple as that.
Old 10-14-09, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragon Lee
I'm not completely against the "Digital Copy". I just wish I didn't have to pay for it. It should be free! I hate what Fox and Lionsgate are doing: charging $34.99 msrp (about $25 retail) for a "Two-Disc Digital Copy Special Edition" when A.) its technically a one disc release, B.) once you extract the digital copy, the disc is pretty much useless, and C.) the digital copy expires after 1 year so its bound to become a coaster. And its just a waste of plastic. I love what Universal did with Hellboy II, Incredible Hulk, Wanted and the Fast and Furious double-dips: the digital copy is free and you get your money's worth! Simple as that.
Yeah. What burns me is when there is a 1 disc version and a "2 disc" version fo a movie. the one disc is bare bones, and the 2 disc has allt he extras on teh first disc with the movie, then the second disc is all digital copy. That isnt a 2 disc version. Its a 1 disc with a coaster that they charge us for.
Old 10-21-09, 08:07 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by acdcrocks1980
I wish I could go George Lucas on this film, and destory every copy of it
why do you say so.?
Old 10-22-09, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got the 1 disker today. I really don't understand why people would buy the 2-disker for some puny extras for an extra 6 dollars...

So I expected to hear some answers to the movie screw-ups in the director/producer commentary. This is what I mainly heard: excuses, excuses, excuses...
1. The movie was rushed
2. There was a writing strike so the writing had to suffer
3. the studios wanted Snake Eyes to not wear a mask (so I'm assuming the mouth on his mask was the studio/director compromise.
4. Digital Domain was praised for their "fantastic special effects", but Sommers was criticizing so many CGI effects throughout the movie, blaming "the rush".
5. The producer literally said that he hated the Cobra Commander voice in the cartoon (wtf?), so that's why they changed the voice.
6. No one said shit about Cobra Commander's looks.
7. The only thing interesting that I learned was that David Murray couldn't play the main Destro role due to immigration problems....
8. Stephen Sommers is an idiot after listening to him - he's at McG level now.
Old 10-22-09, 04:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by toddly6666
I really don't understand why people would buy the 2-disker for some puny extras for an extra 6 dollars...
you`re right, who cares about puny extras, i spend the extra cash for the slipsleeve that normally comes with the 2disc version
Old 10-23-09, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by toddly6666
I got the 1 disker today. I really don't understand why people would buy the 2-disker for some puny extras for an extra 6 dollars...

So I expected to hear some answers to the movie screw-ups in the director/producer commentary. This is what I mainly heard: excuses, excuses, excuses...
1. The movie was rushed
2. There was a writing strike so the writing had to suffer
3. the studios wanted Snake Eyes to not wear a mask (so I'm assuming the mouth on his mask was the studio/director compromise.
4. Digital Domain was praised for their "fantastic special effects", but Sommers was criticizing so many CGI effects throughout the movie, blaming "the rush".
5. The producer literally said that he hated the Cobra Commander voice in the cartoon (wtf?), so that's why they changed the voice.
6. No one said shit about Cobra Commander's looks.
7. The only thing interesting that I learned was that David Murray couldn't play the main Destro role due to immigration problems....
8. Stephen Sommers is an idiot after listening to him - he's at McG level now.
Thanks man. You just saved me $25!
Old 10-23-09, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

well i guess he tried to save you 6 dollars, but ended up ruining the whole
movie for you