Reload this Page >

Official MST3K / Rifftrax / Cinematic Titanic DVD Thread

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official MST3K / Rifftrax / Cinematic Titanic DVD Thread

Old 02-24-17, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts
Re: Official MST3K / Rifftrax / Cinematic Titanic DVD Thread

I received my XXXVIII box today. Already sat through all 39 songs on Play Mistie For Me and am going to crack the box and watch Colossus and the Headhunters tonight. Shout!Factory also threw in two sets of coasters.
Old 02-25-17, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 371 Likes on 265 Posts

Two sets like duplicates, or is each one different? If they're the same, I'd be happy to buy one from you.
Old 02-25-17, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Two sets like duplicates, or is each one different? If they're the same, I'd be happy to buy one from you.
Two different sets.
Old 02-25-17, 04:58 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got two sets of coasters as well. Must be something Shout's doing with every order.
Old 02-27-17, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

They've announced their 2017 Kickstarter, the aforementioned Samurai Cop, a Summer Shorts show with guests Bridget and Mary Jo (and potentially others) and a mystery movie that they won't announce until they reach their $250,000 goal.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=user_menu
I found a Rifftrax live listing for "Doctor Who - The Five Doctors" at AMC Theaters website. No date listed yet, but could be our mystery event from the kickstarter.

https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/r...e-five-doctors
Old 02-27-17, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
I found a Rifftrax live listing for "Doctor Who - The Five Doctors" at AMC Theaters website. No date listed yet, but could be our mystery event from the kickstarter.

https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/r...e-five-doctors
Interesting. It's outside their typical purview, but classic Who is ripe for riffing (bubble wrap sfx, etc...), and 'The Five Doctors' would give you the most bang for your buck Doctor wise, but classic who is still fairly esoteric, though given the RiffTrax audience, that might not be an issue. 'The Five Doctors' premiered in November '83, so there's no obvious anniversary "necessitating" a showing. The Peter Cushing Who movies would be more obvious choices. Time will tell.

The link is dead. Hmmmmm....a booboo, perhaps. Hmpf. Spoilers sweetie.

Last edited by coyoteblue; 02-27-17 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-27-17, 10:44 PM

I also posted it on the Forum at the official Rifftrax site. I wouldn't be shocked if that was what got it deleted if they're really not supposed to say anything until the Kickstarter goal is met.
Old 02-28-17, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 647 Likes on 447 Posts

Originally Posted by coyoteblue
Interesting. It's outside their typical purview, but classic Who is ripe for riffing (bubble wrap sfx, etc...)
They previously did the Dr Who movies staring Peter Cushing, although they don't appear to be for sale anymore:
http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=27181.0
http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=28077.0

Or maybe you meant because it's a TV special and not a movie?
Old 02-28-17, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jay G.
They previously did the Dr Who movies staring Peter Cushing, although they don't appear to be for sale anymore:
http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=27181.0
http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=28077.0

Or maybe you meant because it's a TV special and not a movie?
Well, it is a movie/TV special (it runs 90 minutes), but that's not it. How much classic television sci-fi have they riffed? Anyway, if true, I'm surprised they convinced the BBC to license it to them.
Old 02-28-17, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, it is a movie/TV special (it runs 90 minutes), but that's not it. How much classic television sci-fi have they riffed? Anyway, if true, I'm surprised they convinced the BBC to license it to them.
Well, they've riffed some sci-fi/fantasy shows (Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Lost, Star Wars Holiday Special)
http://www.rifftrax.com/catalog/source/tv-episode

Also, this could be one of those "live only" deals, where they are licensed to do it live (and one theatrical re-run), but can't release a video of the event.
Old 03-07-17, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got an email from Bring Back MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000, yesterday, informing me that the Kickstarter rewards, including, presumably, the blues, will be shipping soon. They gave a 48 hour window to correct your shipping info, if necessary. Which I take to mean they should be shipping at the end of this week or beginning of next week, maybe.
Old 03-07-17, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

On the MST3K Revival League page, Ivan, the guy who ran the Kickstarter, said the next batch of rewards will ship out around the time the new episodes premiere on April 14, so we've probably still got a few weeks to wait.

He said he expects the blus to be ready for backers around May or June.

According to the rewards shipping estimates (http://mst3k.com/faq/fulfillment#schedule) the stuff most likely to ship next will be:

COFFEE/TIKI MUGS
OFFICIAL KEYCHAINS
MST3K MISSION PATCHES
POSTER(S) - UNSIGNED + SIGNED
"SATELLITE OF LOVE" ART PRINTS
WALL CALENDARS (7/2017 - 12/2018)
Old 03-08-17, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The Rifftrax Kickstarter has added a dollar tier like last year, which will get you 10 shorts.
Old 03-08-17, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Rifftrax Kickstarter has added a dollar tier like last year, which will get you 10 shorts.
I'm the cheapest mofo around, so I just pledged at $1.
Old 03-08-17, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,401 Likes on 1,026 Posts

I have a somewhat embarrassing request - as I've mentioned before I didn't get to see very many episodes during their original run, so I've been catching up via DVD and I don't seem to have found the episode where they keep calling the guy absurd name combinations like "Beef Hardslab" and such. What episode is this?

thanks
Old 03-08-17, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by milo bloom
I have a somewhat embarrassing request - as I've mentioned before I didn't get to see very many episodes during their original run, so I've been catching up via DVD and I don't seem to have found the episode where they keep calling the guy absurd name combinations like "Beef Hardslab" and such. What episode is this?

thanks
Space Mutiny, season 8, it's in box set 4, if you can find it.
Old 03-08-17, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Vol 4 just got re-released by Shout Factory, so it should be pretty easy to find.

https://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Scien...dp/B01LYRDNFJ/
Old 03-09-17, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks, I have that one.

I've actually managed to keep up with most of the releases over the years. I pretty much have every release up to the last two box sets (37 and the one coming out this month).

http://milo-bloom.filmaf.com/owned/mst3k
Old 03-09-17, 10:39 AM

Rifftrax Kickstarter is funded. Mystery Title still not officially announced. They're saying that their lawyers have advised them not to announce it until the Kickstarter is complete. I don't know if they're concerned that some people might rescind their pledges once they hear the title, but if it is what we think it is, I would think that announcing it would only draw more backers.

We're funded!

Thanks to all of you awesome people, we’ve hit our goal, which means you’ll be getting three AMAZING RiffTrax Live shows in 2017! In fact, you can already grab tickets for Samurai Cop Live. This is a show you won’t want to miss. We’ve already said it, but it bears repeating: thank you so much for your generosity! We truly can’t pull off this craziness without you.
Now that we’ve hit our funding goal, we’ve got some fun new stuff to go over:
About our Super Secret Mystery Show...

We’re so excited about our Mystery Show, and we know you will be too. This is a super fun, super cool property, but as so happens with super fun, super cool things, those kooky folks called “lawyers” love to get involved. Never you fear, the Super Secret Mystery Show is 100% definitely happening, but those lawyers informed us recently that we can't reveal the Mystery Show Title until after the Kickstarter campaign is over. The title is officially Too Hot For Kickstarter! (NOTE: Not the actual title.)
So this means your anticipation will have to build for just a little while longer! We promise you that this will be one of our biggest riffs ever, and you will be among the first to know exactly what it is once we're able to reveal it. We really appreciate your patience and understanding, and can assure you it WILL be worth the wait.
With that out of the way, onto the fun stuff:
Stretch Goals!

Since our initial goal has been met, we’re gearing up to announce our next set of stretch goals. We’re not ready to spill the beans quite yet, but we promise if you’re GAME, they’ll drive you absolutely BATTY.
Thank you all again for helping us bring RiffTrax Live to the stage in 2017. Stay tuned for more exciting updates from the RiffTrax team!
- Mike, Kevin, Bill, and the aforementioned RiffTrax Team
P.S.: We've got a couple more suggestions good for copying-and-pasting into your social friends' feeds. Check 'em out:
I helped make #RiffTraxLive happen! RiffTrax.com/Kickstarter

Today, I brought 3 comedy shows to theaters across the country. What have YOU done? @RiffTrax http://RIffTrax.com/Kickstarter
Old 03-09-17, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Rifftrax Kickstarter is funded. Mystery Title still not officially announced. They're saying that their lawyers have advised them not to announce it until the Kickstarter is complete. I don't know if they're concerned that some people might rescind their pledges once they hear the title..
I doubt it has anything to do with pledge activity, but more likely they haven't actually secured the rights yet, they just have a preliminary agreement in place, but they need the funding from the Kickstarter to complete the deal. Once the Kickstarter is complete and they get the funding, they can then pay the licensing fee and then say for sure that they'll be screening the title. Until then, the licensing company could back out of the deal, however unlikely that is, so you don't want to promise something until you know for sure.
Old 03-11-17, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So, I watched Space Mutiny last night and I think I may have caught parts of this when it was on tv but not the whole thing.

Is there some reason nobody mentions the fact that all the ship footage is from Battlestar Galactica?
Old 03-11-17, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by milo bloom
So, I watched Space Mutiny last night and I think I may have caught parts of this when it was on tv but not the whole thing.

Is there some reason nobody mentions the fact that all the ship footage is from Battlestar Galactica?
It seems that writers didn't recognize the footage.

From the MST3Kinfo episode guide:

"The big scandal about this episode was the “Battlestar Galactica” footage nobody at BBI recognized. I remember at the time that several online fans simply COULD NOT CONCEIVE of the POSSIBILITY that they would not recognize this footage. It seemed simply out of the realm of possibility to them. I said at the time that this lapse pointed up the painful lack of nerds on the Sci-Fi Channel-era writing staff. If Frank or Trace were still on the staff, I don’t think this would have been missed."
Old 03-11-17, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, that's really surprising. Hard to believe nobody on the staff noticed that.
Old 03-11-17, 09:34 PM

Received 1,885 Likes on 1,114 Posts

I keep forgetting about my Kickstarter rewards. I probably have a few I haven't done anything with and there are so many emails I'm not even sure where to begin.
Old 03-12-17, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If you find the backer portal for each campaign and click that link, they'll all be added to your RiffTrax account.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.