Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official MST3K / Rifftrax / Cinematic Titanic DVD Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-10, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official MST3K / Rifftrax / Cinematic Titanic DVD Thread

Pre-ordered Vol. 17 from Amazon on Dec. 22nd and it still hasn't shipped. Status is "Shipping Soon" and cannot be cancelled. New estimate receive date is April 9! WTF? Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 03-19-10, 04:32 PM

Every time they announce a new set, I hope so badly for Quest of the Delta Knights. But I'm happy with any (and all) episodes they choose to release.

Does anyone have a listing a which episodes are "likely" to be released in the near future due to easy rights acquisition?
Old 03-19-10, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by soop
Every time they announce a new set, I hope so badly for Quest of the Delta Knights. But I'm happy with any (and all) episodes they choose to release.

Does anyone have a listing a which episodes are "likely" to be released in the near future due to easy rights acquisition?
http://forrestcrow.proboards.com/ind...ay&thread=6297
Old 04-06-10, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I thought Vol. 4 was out of print? It seems it's back in stock at Amazon right now. I had it on an old order and just left it sitting, and out of nowhere I get an e-mail saying it shipped! I was a bit surprised, but very happy I've got one more to fill in the few holes!
Old 04-08-10, 02:04 PM

I just watched The Final Sacrifice last night, and there are 2 points during the film (around the 30 minute mark or so) where the audio pops/crackles loudly. Is anyone else having this problem, or so I have a bad disc?
Old 04-08-10, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by davejt1
I just watched The Final Sacrifice last night, and there are 2 points during the film (around the 30 minute mark or so) where the audio pops/crackles loudly. Is anyone else having this problem, or so I have a bad disc?
Do you mean the audio glitch during the car chase?
Old 04-08-10, 06:56 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's not your DVD; Shout Factory confirmed it was a problem on the masters themselves.
Old 04-13-10, 02:20 PM

Thanks Trout and sb5. Yes, it was during the car chase - there are 2 points where the audio crackles loudly. I somehow missed the Shout Factory announcement.
Old 04-15-10, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yesterday I saw Green Lantern artist/DVD Talk member/MST3K fan Ethan Van Sciver at a comic shop signing and got this:

It's one of the coolest sketches I've ever gotten.

Last edited by majorjoe23; 04-15-10 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-16-10, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

That is one of the coolest sketches I have ever seen. Awesome.
Old 05-20-10, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here are the special features for Vol. 18:

MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000: VOLUME XVIII
Featuring MST3K Episodes LOST CONTINENT, CRASH OF THE MOONS, THE BEAST OF YUCCA FLATS and JACK FROST
Along with 4 limited-edition mini-posters and all-new bonus content.

In Stores Nationwide July 13, 2010 from Shout! Factory

This summer, The Mads of Deep 13 and the hilarious crew of the Satellite of Love —Joel, Mike, Tom Servo, Crow T. Robot and Gypsy — cordially invite you to join them as they pay tribute to some of the finest-quality cheesefests this side of Gouda! On July 13, 2010, Shout! Factory, in association with Best Brains, Inc., present Mystery Science Theater 3000: Volume XVIII in a collectible 4-DVD box set. The 18th laugh-filled edition of Mystery Science Theater 3000 features the DVD debut of four never-before-released episodes: Lost Continent, Crash of the Moons, The Beast of Yucca Flats and Jack Frost, four limited-edition mini-posters by artist Steve Vance, and new bonus content, including special introductions by Frank Conniff and Kevin Murphy, original Mystery Science Theater Hour wraps, a look back at The Beast of Yucca Flats featurettes, original trailers & promos and more! Poised to keep the fans as entertained as ever this summer, Mystery Science Theater 3000: Volume XVIII 4-DVD set is priced to own at $59.97.

MST3K: LOST CONTINENT
A military mission to recover a fallen American rocket turns into a fight for survival after the rescue team finds themselves faced with dangerous creatures long since believed to be extinct!

Who knew Leave It To Beaver’s Hugh Beaumont was a harbinger of death? The gang onboard the Satellite of Love soon find out for themselves as they set out on their own hilarious investigation of Season Two’s Lost Continent!
Bonus Features:
· New introduction by Frank Conniff
· Original theatrical trailer

MST3K: CRASH OF THE MOONS
Two inhabited moons are doomed to collide with one another — unless they get the help of United Worlds space ranger Rocky Jones and his trusted navigator Winky! The only thing standing in Rocky’s way is Queen Cleolanta, a suspicious empress with plans of her own.

Join Joel and the ’bots aboard the Satellite of Love as they celebrate the adventures of Rocky Jones — and the life of Hogan’s Heroes’ John Banner — with their own rendition of the “The Gypsy Moons,” riffs aplenty and, of course, Banner-grams!

Also includes the third installment of the short General Hospital.
Bonus Feature:
· Mystery Science Theater Hour Wraps

MST3K: THE BEAST OF YUCCA FLATS
Party the afternoon away with the SOL crew and their white trash neighbors as they celebrate the arrival of yet another riff-worthy movie from Deep 13! Starring none other than Ed Wood veteran Tor Johnson as the beast himself. The DVD also includes the long-awaited shorts Money Talks! and Progress Island, U.S.A.

After a devastating atomic test, Joseph Javorsky, a defecting Russian scientist, is transformed into a murderous radioactive beast. Can desert patrolmen Jim Archer and Joe Dobson stop the creature before it kills again?
Bonus Features:
· No Dialogue Necessary: Making an “Off-Camera Masterpiece”
· Coleman Francis: The Cinematic Poet of Parking
· Original theatrical trailer
· Stills gallery

MST3K: JACK FROST
Young lovers Ivan and Nastenka must first conquer the most bizarre ordeals of the supernatural, including beastly transformations and evil witches, before they can finally be together in this unique Russian fairy tale.

The crew of the Satellite of Love — Mike Nelson, Crow T. Robot, Tom Servo and Gypsy — is in for a truly rare treat when they take on the most powerful threat to come out of Russia (and Finland) since Yakov Smirnoff . . . Jack Frost!
Bonus Feature:
· New introduction by Kevin Murphy

Also, the next Cinematic Titanic release will be Danger on Tiki Island, tentatively scheduled to be released on June 15, 2010. That DVD will feature an 18-minute mini-documentary with all five riffers talking about the Cinematic Titanic.
Old 07-03-10, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Also, the next Cinematic Titanic release will be Danger on Tiki Island, tentatively scheduled to be released on June 15, 2010. That DVD will feature an 18-minute mini-documentary with all five riffers talking about the Cinematic Titanic.
I just watched the recent Cinematic Titanic release Danger on Tiki Island. The extra mini-documentary was filmed at the time of their live shows in Atlanta in May 2009, but the live performance on the disc is not the Atlanta live show. (A line flub by Frank in Atlanta is not in it, plus a couple of riffs are topical about things months after May 2009).

Does anyone know which live show is actually on this release?
Old 07-03-10, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by dhmac
I just watched the recent Cinematic Titanic release Danger on Tiki Island. The extra mini-documentary was filmed at the time of their live shows in Atlanta in May 2009, but the live performance on the disc is not the Atlanta live show. (A line flub by Frank in Atlanta is not in it, plus a couple of riffs are topical about things months after May 2009).

Could it be edited together from multiple shows? I know musical acts do this often.
Old 07-22-10, 06:23 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

MST3K - Volume XIX episodes have just been announced:

episode 107- ROBOT MONSTER (with shorts: COMMANDO CODY Parts 4 and 5)
episode 423- BRIDE OF THE MONSTER (with short: HIRED!, Part 1)
episode 818- DEVIL DOLL
episode 911- DEVIL FISH

There will be a limited edition with a Gypsy figurine.
Old 07-22-10, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Yesterday I saw Green Lantern artist/DVD Talk member/MST3K fan Ethan Van Sciver at a comic shop signing and got this:

It's one of the coolest sketches I've ever gotten.
You have no idea how jealous I am, that is an amazing & truly unique sketch. I know he is a huge fan of the series & one of the absolute nicest creators in the business.
Old 07-22-10, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that is fantastic. Nice job!
Old 07-27-10, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by sb5
MST3K - Volume XIX episodes have just been announced:

episode 107- ROBOT MONSTER (with shorts: COMMANDO CODY Parts 4 and 5)
episode 423- BRIDE OF THE MONSTER (with short: HIRED!, Part 1)
episode 818- DEVIL DOLL
episode 911- DEVIL FISH

There will be a limited edition with a Gypsy figurine.
Cool to know. But I wonder if it is as "limited" as the tom servo one, which is still everywhere almost a year later, or actually limited like crow, which disappeared soon and had a non-limited version with no figurine.
Old 08-11-10, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Much as I would like a Gypsy figurine to go with my Tom and Crow figures, I don't think I want to pay the $63 price Amazon is pre-selling this for.

Last edited by Lecithin; 08-11-10 at 09:05 AM. Reason: corrected price
Old 08-11-10, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

I just watched the recent Cinematic Titanic release Danger on Tiki Island. The extra mini-documentary was filmed at the time of their live shows in Atlanta in May 2009, but the live performance on the disc is not the Atlanta live show.
Were you in the doc, by the way? They managed to get me in the background a couple of times.

The Largo in L.A., and I think that was taped in October of last year, so your guess that it was taped a few months afterwards is spot-on.
Old 08-27-10, 01:37 PM
Cool New Member

Cool to know. But I wonder if it is as "limited" as the tom servo one, which is still everywhere almost a year later, or actually limited like crow, which disappeared soon and had a non-limited version with no figurine.
I noticed recently there is a non-limited version version of XVI now available. I was waiting for this as I wasn't able to get the limited version of the 20th Ann. Ed. so it seemed pointless to have the Tom figure. Irritatingly, the non-limited version is going for about $5 more than the limited.
Old 08-28-10, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Bubster
I noticed recently there is a non-limited version version of XVI now available. I was waiting for this as I wasn't able to get the limited version of the 20th Ann. Ed. so it seemed pointless to have the Tom figure. Irritatingly, the non-limited version is going for about $5 more than the limited.
Why would you not want the Tom Servo figure?!??

(I missed out on the Crow figure too, but just having the Servo figure is still great! And I've heard it's the better made figure of the two.)
Old 08-28-10, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Why would you not want the Tom Servo figure?!??

(I missed out on the Crow figure too, but just having the Servo figure is still great! And I've heard it's the better made figure of the two.)
I passed on getting the Crow figure because I have too much "stuff" on my DVD shelves, I ended up getting the Tom Servo because I was tired of waiting for them to release the plain version. If I ever get around to it, I'll probably put the Tom figure up on eBay.
Old 08-29-10, 08:39 AM
Cool New Member

Aside from the OCD reason of not having both figures being pointless, I too end up with too much stuff on my shelves, but mainly I went under the assumption that the plain version would be priced cheaper than the limited version. Guess I should have known better since the sets rarely come down in price. Maybe I'll find the limited version on clearance somewhere.
Old 08-29-10, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Bubster
Aside from the OCD reason of not having both figures being pointless, I too end up with too much stuff on my shelves, but mainly I went under the assumption that the plain version would be priced cheaper than the limited version. Guess I should have known better since the sets rarely come down in price. Maybe I'll find the limited version on clearance somewhere.
Yeah, I wanted both figures but waited until the price dropped. That strategy worked for the Servo one but not the Crow one (which actually lived up to being a "Limited Edition" title).
Old 09-01-10, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Lecithin
Much as I would like a Gypsy figurine to go with my Tom and Crow figures, I don't think I want to pay the $63 price Amazon is pre-selling this for.
Well Amazon has it down to $48.99 now, so I might go ahead a lock in a preorder after all and hope it goes down again before shipping in November.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.