Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official MST3K / Rifftrax / Cinematic Titanic DVD Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-15, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Official MST3K / Rifftrax / Cinematic Titanic DVD Thread

I'm back to having 100% of all released episodes. I haven't purchased any of the Shout-re-releases of the single discs, but I have all solo and set releases.

Anyone else have all of the discs?
Old 03-16-15, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Yep, all the titles. Skipped some of the re-releases but all I need is this month's set.
Old 03-16-15, 02:56 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

Just missing vol 9 here. As much as I'd love to be complete, I just can't justify paying the prices I've seen.
Old 03-16-15, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You guys have vol 10 with Godzilla vs Megalon and also Giant Gila Monster, that ended up replacing the Godzilla film, shortly after it was released?
Old 03-16-15, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by milo bloom
Yep, all the titles. Skipped some of the re-releases but all I need is this month's set.
Same here. I gave away/sold some of my single releases, but I still have every episode released on DVD, except for the latest release.

Originally Posted by The Man with the Golden Doujinshi
You guys have vol 10 with Godzilla vs Megalon and also Giant Gila Monster, that ended up replacing the Godzilla film, shortly after it was released?
YUP! There was a mail-in offer for those of us who grabbed the original set and didn't want to pay for another copy just to get Gila.
Old 03-16-15, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I've got all of them except for the Shorts Vol. 3 disc that you had to get by ordering the MST3K Essentials set through Rhino.

I do have the original Vol. 10. I saw the news about the set being pulled and quickly jumped on Amazon and found a seller who had it for around $40.

My wife works in a used book/DVD store and the other day said "We got a Mystery Science Theater set in the other day that looked up for a lot. Did you know how valuable some of them are?"

Me: "Yep."

Her: "Have you thought about selling them?"

Me: "Nope."
Old 03-16-15, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have the Shorts vol 3 and I got the separate Gila Monster disc. I've also ordered the special discs from Shout! that combine the shorts.
Old 03-16-15, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

I've got all 32 boxes (volumes 1-31), the Shout! special discs, and all the singles not included in any box, except for Shorts, Volume 3. Maybe I'll get lucky and trip over a three disc The Essentials one of these days.
Old 03-17-15, 10:46 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have every Volume (with the original Godzilla release of 10, with The Giant Gila Monster single from the mail-in offer) , Shorts Vol 3, The Essentials, the Shout Factory version of Manos, the original Rhino release of Manos (meaning I own Manos 3 damn times), and every Rhino single Dvd release...except for The Crawling Hand, which I had a chance to get for cheap that I missed out on because I stupidly waited too long.

Don't have any of the Shout rereleases from their website.
Old 03-19-15, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't have Shorts Volume 3 either, but I do have Volume 10 and the supplement.
Old 03-19-15, 12:43 PM

I have virtually all the DVD releases with some variances (10.5 instead of 10). I haven't watched them in so long, that I'm wondering if I should start to unload them. I love the show, but they are becoming more dated each time I do watch them.
Old 03-19-15, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dhmac
Wow! And the campaign still has 28 days to go on Kickstarter!

RiffTrax Live 2015: The CRAPPENING!

(I wonder how much they'll end up with? And if they add any stretch goal movies this time.)
Very close to $200,000 with 40+ hours to go.
Old 03-21-15, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

And with 15 minutes left, Rifftrax hit the extended goal of $250,000. Pretty sweet.
Old 03-26-15, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Currently a few Rifftrax VODs are 25% off:

http://www.rifftrax.com/bills-picks-2015
Old 03-26-15, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Man, Bill has several picks that I've wanted for awhile on sale. I just have to decide which one(s) to get.
Old 04-10-15, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Satellite News has the titles for Vol. XXXIII:

307- DADDY-O with short: ALPHABET ANTICS
313- EARTH VS. THE SPIDER with short: USING YOUR VOICE
522- TEEN-AGE CRIME WAVE
815- AGENT FOR H.A.R.M.
Old 04-10-15, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Keep em coming.
Old 04-14-15, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Are there any current promo codes for ordering off the Shout website?

tks
Old 04-14-15, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Trace Beaulieu retweeted me today. I just had to brag for a second. That is all.
Old 04-14-15, 05:58 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
sorry ;)

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Trace Beaulieu retweeted me today. I just had to brag for a second. That is all.
That's awesome!

I wish I had something to compare with that!

Old 05-08-15, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Did anyone catch The Room this week? I'm hoping to go to the reairing, but my OCD side is making me inquire if anyone can share the goodies link from the end of the film.
Old 05-08-15, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Did anyone catch The Room this week? I'm hoping to go to the reairing, but my OCD side is making me inquire if anyone can share the goodies link from the end of the film.
I did and loved it. I'd seen the movie before (via their old riff), but somehow forgot this line of dialogue:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/utzAedXS7uo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was literally crying from laughing when he said that. It's so ridiculous. Also, it was a bit weird seeing a Rifftrax event with onscreen nudity - I remember they panned down to the stage during the shower scene of Starship Troopers - but the guys had a field day with all of those sex scenes. So if anyone's planning on bringing kids, there's your warning. I definitely recommend going to the reairing.

Anyway, Rifftrax continues to be light on the digital goodies these days, but here's the link:

http://rifftrax.com/lisa

Emailing [email protected] gets you a link to download a PDF of the riff script (that's actually pretty neat to see), an entry to win a t-shirt, a YouTube video of the guys thanking you for coming out, and a 5% off code that you can stack on top of the 10% off one found in the link above.

It was also nice that I was able to use the free movie ticket that you can get through the current My Coke Rewards promotion. (See the threads in Hot Deals.) These live events are pricey, so I'm glad that the theater accepted it with no problem. I'll have to remember to save one of the ones I got for the Sharknado 2 event in July.
Old 05-08-15, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Were there people in your screening shouting things at the screen and throwing plastic spoons? There were a bunch of them in mine, and it really annoyed me. I mean I get that that's a thing people do at audience participation screenings of this movie, but that's not what this was. I paid to listen to Mike, Kevin, and Bill rip the movie apart, not to listen to these morons shout "Go! Go! Go!" at every golden gate bridge cutaway.
Old 05-08-15, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Thankfully no. I totally agree that this wasn't the place for that stuff. It's Mike, Bill, and Kevin's show, not a straight up participation screening. The closest to that I saw at my showing was that some guy brought a football, but he didn't throw it around or anything.

There must've been some element of that at the actual theater. I remember hearing something chanted from the crowd early on and saw one of the guys make a silent "please cut it out, folks" gesture. I'm glad there weren't any other disruptions for them.
Old 05-09-15, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJLinus
I did and loved it. I'd seen the movie before (via their old riff), but somehow forgot this line of dialogue:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/utzAedXS7uo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was literally crying from laughing when he said that. It's so ridiculous. Also, it was a bit weird seeing a Rifftrax event with onscreen nudity - I remember they panned down to the stage during the shower scene of Starship Troopers - but the guys had a field day with all of those sex scenes. So if anyone's planning on bringing kids, there's your warning. I definitely recommend going to the reairing.

Anyway, Rifftrax continues to be light on the digital goodies these days, but here's the link:

http://rifftrax.com/lisa

Emailing [email protected] gets you a link to download a PDF of the riff script (that's actually pretty neat to see), an entry to win a t-shirt, a YouTube video of the guys thanking you for coming out, and a 5% off code that you can stack on top of the 10% off one found in the link above.

It was also nice that I was able to use the free movie ticket that you can get through the current My Coke Rewards promotion. (See the threads in Hot Deals.) These live events are pricey, so I'm glad that the theater accepted it with no problem. I'll have to remember to save one of the ones I got for the Sharknado 2 event in July.
Thanks!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.