Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

"Slumdog Millionaire" Replacement Program Info.

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-09, 02:32 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

For those that have no "Special Features" (commentary, featurettes) on their retail purchased disc...

Just thought i would veer off from the other and let everyone know the experience, pretty easy, i had. use this to get info. and finally post when and if your replacement arrives. This is for the Standard DVD, apparently the Blu-ray is not affected.

call: 1-888-223-4369 between 8am-5pm PST.

I called early this morning in anticipation of this, with disc in-hand, from Target.

Someone took my call right away. Literally within a minute of calling. They didn't know about the problem right off the bat, but the lady spoke to someone and they seemed to know what was wrong.

Gave some basic info. from the case and the disc itself () to verify incorrect disc. She took my info. and said a replacement will be out shortly.

She didn't mention if we have to send the other back when we get it, but she did make it seem like it would be a separate disc of just the Special Features. Not sure about that, could have been they didn't know for sure what was going on as it was early in the day. Maybe by now they have it a little more honed with details.

All in all about 5-7 minutes on the phone. Not too bad.

Let us know your experience, if similar or different and if they give estimates of when get...

Last edited by OldBoy; 04-07-09 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-31-09, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: "Slumdog Millionaire" Replacement Program Info.

I've been calling for 10 minutes and no one is picking up
Old 03-31-09, 03:29 PM

you could also send an e-mail using this form...
http://www.foxstore.com/contact.html

not sure which would be quicker, but probably best to speak to someone. just the more we contact about problem, the faster it will hopefully be fixed.
Old 03-31-09, 03:30 PM
Banned

Thanks for the number. I called I waited for about 10 minutes. then it took about another 4-5 min. for info to be taken. They said a replacement will be on t he way.
This is a nightmare and I know this has gotta cost Fox more than they could have ever possibly thought they could make by getting people to buy this for the features or whatever their plan was with the rental copies.
This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass.
Old 03-31-09, 03:37 PM

Okay, just got off the phone. For some reason, the first four times it just rang without even going to the automated message, but the 5th time it went through, I mentioned that I had the Slumdog DVD and they were ready to take my info. Verified a couple of things, gave my name and address and they said it would be on its way. Not painful at all once I got to speak to someone. I did ask about an ETA and they had no idea.
Old 03-31-09, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Scott, from the questions you were asked am I to understand that you can tell which is the right version from the color of the writing. That would make it a lot easier if that were the case.

And there are no special features on the retail disc, including no commentary. If all of these went to rental stores would I just be better off holding out for a used copy from Blockbuster? Would their copy have all the special features?
Old 03-31-09, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by dino88
Scott, from the questions you were asked am I to understand that you can tell which is the right version from the color of the writing. That would make it a lot easier if that were the case.

And there are no special features on the retail disc, including no commentary. If all of these went to rental stores would I just be better off holding out for a used copy from Blockbuster? Would their copy have all the special features?
when i called i don't think they had it all down pat. she asked me for ..... i would hesitate to say that this is any different on any version.

it seems all retail copies and rental copies are the same, sans special features (no commentary or featurettes), though rental were supposed to be this way and now it seems they were all authored this way. i would think a used copy at BBV in a while would certainly be without the features as well.

this seems like it is widespread and only these screener copies for some reason has the special features. all rental and retail do not have the features as of now.

i don't know if they will recall them from stores (one would hope), but who knows, then if they issue new ones to stores who knows if we could tell which is which.

i think best bet right now, is get it retail and then call up and hopefully it won't take too long to get our replacements. but, since all this is new and really unverified as of now, who the heck knows what will happen and when with any of this.

FOX made a mess and i really hope they learn from their mistake to take features off rental copies. this is biting them in the ass and biting hard. hopefully, only good will result. and of course

Last edited by OldBoy; 04-04-09 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-31-09, 03:58 PM
crs

Originally Posted by scott1598
She didn't mention if we have to send the other back when we get it, but she did make it seem like it would be a separate disc of just the Special Features. Not sure about that, could have been they didn't know for sure what was going on as it was early in the day. Maybe by now they have it a little more honed with details.
That better not be right. I'd only accept a seperate special features DVD if it came in a 2-DVD case with matching cover art accordingly. Else they better remaster the DVD as it was originally intended.
Old 03-31-09, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by crs
That better not be right. I'd only accept a seperate special features DVD if it came in a 2-DVD case with matching cover art accordingly. Else they better remaster the DVD as it was originally intended.
it probably isn't because of the commentaries having to be with the actual movie. most likely new discs all together. i don't think they knew for sure about anything then.
Old 03-31-09, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks. I was thinking the color of the writing was referring to the cover art, meaning I could find the right copy before buying it. Looks like I'll wait this one out.

Between this and Let the Right One In it hasn't been a good month in dvd land. Now who's going to be the first one to blame this on Obama?
Old 03-31-09, 04:12 PM

They asked me for the last sentence of the synopsis on the cover, and the last two numerals after the UPC to verify
Old 03-31-09, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by scott1598
i think best bet right now, is get it retail the blu-ray, and then call up and hopefully it won't take too long to get our replacements enjoy the movie and it's extras.
Fixed.
Old 03-31-09, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So this isn't even like a set up replacement program? This is just calling the customer service #? I don't know if I'd call this a "Replacement Program" in the thread title, then. This isn't like previous instances where studios set up special lines just for a defective product.
Old 03-31-09, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by mcfly
So this isn't even like a set up replacement program? This is just calling the customer service #? I don't know if I'd call this a "Replacement Program" in the thread title, then. This isn't like previous instances where studios set up special lines just for a defective product.
well, right now, it is the only way you can get a replacement for the defective DVD. so whether it is "official" or not it is the way to do it and mostly apropos
Old 03-31-09, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Called and took about six minutes as a whole

Asked me to read a quote off the back of the DVD cover as well as what color the writing was on the disc
Old 03-31-09, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Screw buying this. I'll just call the number, tell em what they wanna know and have the bastards send me a free one.

Mod note: Promoting this type of activity is not allowed on DVDtalk

Last edited by nemein; 03-31-09 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-31-09, 06:59 PM

could someone list other FOX titles that are upcoming that may be affected like SM...
Old 03-31-09, 07:30 PM
Banned

^
The Wrestler
Notorious
Old 03-31-09, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by chris_sc77
^
The Wrestler
damn, i thought that was one.
Old 03-31-09, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Marley & Me.
Old 03-31-09, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One guy on Amazon says he bought an SD-DVD at Wal-Mart and all the features were included. I guess it's possible not every one of the discs is affected, but who knows if that was a fluke or not.
Old 03-31-09, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Doctor Gonzo
Screw buying this. I'll just call the number, tell em what they wanna know and have the bastards send me a free one.

Mod note: Promoting this type of activity is not allowed on DVDtalk
Not that I'd actually do it.
Old 03-31-09, 10:20 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Will call them tomorrow morning...
Old 04-01-09, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts

I received the following e-mail from Amazon.com. It sounds like not ALL discs are affected. Anybody yet get one which is NOT Defective?? Maybe it's just the Blu-ray which is not defective??

Hello from Amazon.com.

We're writing because Fox notified us that some DVD versions of 'Slumdog Millionaire' don't include all of the special features advertised on the packaging. If you ordered a DVD that did not include the special features, Fox is happy to send you a replacement disc.

Please call Fox at 1-888-223-4FOX. You may also visit www.foxhome.com or www.slumdogmillionairedvd.com for additional information. If you call the hotline, Fox will also give you access to special features online while you wait for your replacement DVD.

All DVDs shipped are fully functional and contain the Slumdog Millionaire movie as released in theatres, so you can enjoy watching the movie as soon as your disc arrives.

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/
Old 04-01-09, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Fox delivered the greatest April Fool's Day prank ever!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.