Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Land of the Lost complete series May 26 - possibly the coolest DVD packaging ever?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Land of the Lost complete series May 26 - possibly the coolest DVD packaging ever?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-09, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Land of the Lost complete series May 26 - possibly the coolest DVD packaging ever

Did Universal licence the entire Krofft library? They're releasing the Pufnstuf movie as well...
Old 03-10-09, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Land of the Lost complete series May 26 - possibly the coolest DVD packaging ever

Pufnstuf was actually produced and released by Universal.
Old 03-10-09, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^^It just kind of sucks that we're finally getting the movie, and the series is out of print. I was waiting for the movie to be released before I bought the series... I hope Universal releases the series as well....
Old 03-10-09, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a bunch of negative Nancys! I think it looks cool!
Old 03-10-09, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cha-ka (the little furry dude) looks like he's grabbing his junk on the side of that lunch box...

One of my favorite Saturday morning TV shows. Sitting on the living room floor in my pajamas with my bowl of cereal.

The good ol days...

Last edited by Doctor Gonzo; 03-10-09 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-10-09, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

Originally Posted by Elpresidentepez
What a bunch of negative Nancys! I think it looks cool!
I don't think the issue is it being cool. It's just not the coolest packaging ever... or even close.
Old 03-10-09, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hasslein
Did Universal licence the entire Krofft library? They're releasing the Pufnstuf movie as well...
Here's hoping we get Far Out Space Nuts!
Old 03-10-09, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

this is not even close to the coolest package ever.
also this was agood kids show for saturday mornings.

Plus I think some of the writers wrote for
Star Trek the original series.
Old 03-10-09, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by calhoun07
Here's hoping we get Far Out Space Nuts!
To be honest, I'd pay for just a box set full of Krofft shows.

If Universal has access to Krofft properties, a lot of these series could fit on an entire DVD-18. You could have a box set consisting of Lidsville, Lost Saucer, Far Out Space Nuts, The Bugaloos, and H.R. Pufnstuf on something that only takes up a few discs.

The only full shows that were more than one season were Land of the Lost and Sigmund and the Sea Monsters (also currently in pre-production at Universal).

Side-note, I also might be the only 23 year old who know who Sid and Marty Krofft are.
Old 03-11-09, 06:56 AM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

The case top should have a jumbled mess of crystals and you have to figure out how to place them exactly right to get the case open!
They look like Cindy, Greg, and Mike from The Brady Bunch!

I never realized that until now. I watched Land Of The Lost as a child, but I never saw The Brady Bunch until I was an adult. It had never occurred to me how errily similar they look until now.
Old 03-11-09, 06:57 AM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Lemmy
Well, IMNSHO, the original 70s series is the only good one. And, as I'm a child of the 60's and 70's, metal lunchboxes are the ONLY lunchboxes, lol. At least from an "inner child" pov. Plastic lunchboxes?!? I remember thinking "Jesus, how fucking lame are those?!?" And I was right.

I'm in for this.
Great post - and welcome to DVD Talk!
Old 03-11-09, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with everyone on this thread who has trashed the original poster, Grundle! How dare he tease us with his thread title! When I visit a thread (especially one that's titled with a question) I expect facts not opinions! And fact: this is not the coolest DVD packaging I've ever seen.

Mods, please forbid Grundle from ever posting again. Grundle, if you have a wife, please inform her that the DVD Talk community wants here to refrain from having sex with you for at least a month as punishment for your silly thread.
Old 03-11-09, 09:34 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

^ As if people getting laid ever start threads on message boards.
Old 03-11-09, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by madcougar
I agree with everyone on this thread who has trashed the original poster, Grundle! How dare he tease us with his thread title! When I visit a thread (especially one that's titled with a question) I expect facts not opinions! And fact: this is not the coolest DVD packaging I've ever seen.

Mods, please forbid Grundle from ever posting again. Grundle, if you have a wife, please inform her that the DVD Talk community wants her to refrain from having sex with you for at least a month as punishment for your silly thread.
Old 05-27-09, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Anyone pick this up? I haven't seen any reviews for this set anywhere. How does it compare with Rhino's version?
Old 05-27-09, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I did look around (Tuesday) WallyWorld & Target didn't have the "Lunchbox".
Old 05-27-09, 03:12 PM

I have the original Rhino releases of this series.
I was hesitant to sell them as they have several
good extras. Kathy & Wesley commentary's are
very cool. Does this release have any dvd extras?
Or just a remake of the original luchbox???
Old 05-27-09, 03:31 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Doctor Gonzo
One of my favorite Saturday morning TV shows. Sitting on the living room floor in my pajamas with my bowl of cereal.

The good ol days...
Geez, that's one long intro credit sequence. I remember watching this show as a kid when it first aired and even then I knew it stunk - both in the writing and the effects. Haven't seen it since, but I must say, those terrible effects sure look more fun now in a goofy retro sort of way then they did at the time.
Old 05-27-09, 03:43 PM
Banned

What other series have been released in lunchboxes ?
Old 05-27-09, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got a lunch box with my complete My So Called Life.
Old 05-27-09, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I was jizzing in my pants until I actually entered this thread. Talk about anticlimactic when you see the actual "packaging".
Old 05-27-09, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I got a lunch box with my complete My So Called Lunch.
Fixed!
Old 05-27-09, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather
What other series have been released in lunchboxes ?

Well that's all that I can find!
Old 05-27-09, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Didn't the Monkee's series come out in a lunch box too at one point?
Old 05-28-09, 06:50 AM

I think Best Buy had a bunch of single seasons of shows that came in lunch boxes last year like Leave it To Beaver, The Partridge Family, etc. Maybe I'm delusional, though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.