Reload this Page >

Everwood - Season 2 finally announced!!

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 03-04-09, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Eve...Season-2/11426

Finally after what 5 years? I am picking this up on release day so they know how much fans have wanted it.
Old 03-04-09, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts
Re: Everwood - Season 2 finally announced!!

I'm about to go pre-order on Amazon. This is AWSOME!! June?! What's 3 more months though.

Edit: Looks like it's not up on Amazon.
Old 03-04-09, 10:13 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

I'll wait for all the seasons to come out. Its been 5 years since the last and they expect me to invest money in something that may never be completed? No way.
Old 03-04-09, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
I'll wait for all the seasons to come out. Its been 5 years since the last and they expect me to invest money in something that may never be completed? No way.
Which is exactly the reason it took 5 years for the second season to come out on DVD.

I'm definitely pre-ordering this the second amazon has it listed. I have a feeling Warner Brothers is going to be watching these sales numbers like a hawk.
Old 03-04-09, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by critterdvd
Which is exactly the reason it took 5 years for the second season to come out on DVD.
Precisely.

WIDESCREEN!
Old 03-04-09, 11:43 AM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Which is exactly the reason it took 5 years for the second season to come out on DVD....
Circular argument. Why buy when the studios do not commit, why commit when sales are low.

Both arguments are right.
Old 03-04-09, 11:45 AM
Suspended

I'm definitely pre-ordering this the second amazon has it listed. I have a feeling Warner Brothers is going to be watching these sales numbers like a hawk.
Yes, I fully understand that. However, I will not plop down $40 to once again be left in the dark for a few years since I've never seen the show before. If Warner can't commit to making us damn sure they will bring the rest out on DVD I simply won't bother with the show. I've already been fooled a few times (Adventures of Pete and Pete) and won't let this happen again. How do you think King of the Hill fans feel? Or Boys Meets World?
Old 03-04-09, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Yes, I fully understand that. However, I will not plop down $40 to once again be left in the dark for a few years since I've never seen the show before. If Warner can't commit to making us damn sure they will bring the rest out on DVD I simply won't bother with the show. I've already been fooled a few times (Adventures of Pete and Pete) and won't let this happen again. How do you think King of the Hill fans feel? Or Boys Meets World?
I understand that argument fully.

With that said, considering that this show is being given another chance solely due to the constant pestering of fans on the Internet, if it doesn't sell, that makes it even LESS likely to be completed. This show needs all the sales it can get.

I'll be picking it up when released. I hope the first season gets rereleased in widescreen as well.
Old 03-04-09, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Getting this for sure - time to start rewatching Season 1 - hopefully they don't fuck us and instead keep the remaining 2 seasons coming at a steady pace.
Old 03-04-09, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by mdc3000
Getting this for sure - time to start rewatching Season 1 - hopefully they don't fuck us and instead keep the remaining 2 seasons coming at a steady pace.
If nothing else I think once sales hit a magic number Warner Brother's has probably set then seasons three and four will probably follow pretty quickly is nothing else to the fans off their backs, haha.

Apparently Deleted Scenes will be included this time around which is impressive since I was expecting bare-bones releases all the way. But I guess Deleted Scenes cost nothing to produce. The one special feature I'm going to hold out hope for is the alternate 'season finale' version of "Foreverwood" (the last episode).
Old 03-04-09, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by MTRodaba2468
I understand that argument fully.

With that said, considering that this show is being given another chance solely due to the constant pestering of fans on the Internet, if it doesn't sell, that makes it even LESS likely to be completed. This show needs all the sales it can get.

I'll be picking it up when released. I hope the first season gets rereleased in widescreen as well.
It only has 4 seasons. How hard will it be to produce season 3 and 4?
Old 03-04-09, 07:23 PM

I wish they took care of the packaging. I opened the season one box and all the plastic things fell out.
Old 03-04-09, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PHMustang2000
It only has 4 seasons. How hard will it be to produce season 3 and 4?
American Dreams only had 3 seasons, and Universal stopped after the first one.

Granted, that had high music licensing costs, but I digress. My point is that if it still doesn't sell this time, they may not bother with 3 or 4.
Old 03-04-09, 07:30 PM

O Great. They have another big cliffhanger at the end of Season 2. If they don't get a Season 3 the ones new to the show will be ticked.
Old 03-04-09, 08:22 PM
Suspended

I read the synopsis of each season on Wikipedia. I'm good for now. IF 3 and 4 come out I'll look into grabbing them all. I wish all you fans luck!
Old 03-04-09, 10:13 PM

I wish they took care of the packaging. I opened the season one box and all the plastic things fell out.
Mine too. Crappy glue inside. I'll someday get around to fixing mine with a glue gun.

TV Shows On DVD updated their post confirming around 40 minutes of deleted scenes, but no mention of additional extras.

Last edited by Nick Martin; 03-04-09 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-04-09, 11:16 PM

Warner Brothers hasn't used the bookish packaging in a number of years now. For the last 3 years or so they have been pretty consistent with releasing 6-disc releases on fold-out double-digipacks. I'd assume they'd change to the same with this release.
Old 03-05-09, 04:06 AM

Warner Brothers hasn't used the bookish packaging in a number of years now. For the last 3 years or so they have been pretty consistent with releasing 6-disc releases on fold-out double-digipacks. I'd assume they'd change to the same with this release.

Like the ones "Veronica Mars" was packaged in, where the discs overlap on each plastic page?
Old 03-05-09, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
Like the ones "Veronica Mars" was packaged in, where the discs overlap on each plastic page?
Exactly

Amazon has listed the DVD for preorder at $25.99. It's currently the 198th highest selling DVD on amazon... I have a feeling that seasons 3 and 4 aren't long away
Old 03-12-09, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I preordered. I want to send the signal (albeit a tiny one) that there is a demand (albeit a tiny one) for Everwood DVD's.
Old 03-18-09, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I also just check and was surprised at the low price (post MSRP). Keeping with my resoution for this year (to stop shopping at Best Buy) I placed a pre-order.
Old 03-20-09, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well I'm going to support this release because it makes no sense waiting for a complete series since WB will be looking at the sales of this set.
Old 04-03-09, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Rear of box: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Eve...-Box-Art/11609
Old 04-04-09, 11:47 AM

You know I'm actually really surprised that Warner Brothers isn't plastering Marcia Cross's face all over this puppy, but at the same time I'm pleased there keeping in the same tradition of the first season release.
Old 04-04-09, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by tonymontana313
Well I'm going to support this release because it makes no sense waiting for a complete series since WB will be looking at the sales of this set.
I originally purchased season one a long time ago.....sold it without even watching it due to the belief they were not going to release future seasons anytime soon. I loved watching every episode during its original run.....now with the season 2 announcement I purchased season one off ebay and have enjoyed each episode from season one all over again. Great...great show. I will purchase season two and give my support in hopes season three will follow shortly.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.