Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 09-29-08, 08:00 PM   #1
story
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Proposition has a new edition - any difference?

Anyone know if this new version of The Proposition listed as released on August 19, 2008...

...is any different than this initial version of The Proposition which was released in 2006:

I've been meaning to pick up that initial version for a while and I was about to order it tonight and then I saw the new version. I can't tell if it has a better transfer or if there are new features beyond the commentary, five featurettes, and two deleted scenes on the initial release.

If they're exactly the same, I'm trying to decide if an extra $1.51 is worth the cooler cover art of the new release ($12.99 vs. $10.49). Either way, I need to pick up a copy soon and while it's cheap because I want my wife to see it before the John Hillcoat-directed The Road comes out over Thanksgiving.

Any info? Thanks.
Old 09-29-08, 08:12 PM   #2
gryffinmaster
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmatica View Post
Anyone know if this new version of The Proposition listed as released on August 19, 2008...

...is any different than this initial version of The Proposition which was released in 2006:

I've been meaning to pick up that initial version for a while and I was about to order it tonight and then I saw the new version. I can't tell if it has a better transfer or if there are new features beyond the commentary, five featurettes, and two deleted scenes on the initial release.

If they're exactly the same, I'm trying to decide if an extra $1.51 is worth the cooler cover art of the new release ($12.99 vs. $10.49). Either way, I need to pick up a copy soon and while it's cheap because I want my wife to see it before the John Hillcoat-directed The Road comes out over Thanksgiving.

Any info? Thanks.
Yeah, the new edition is a steelbook. It's $9.99 regular price at Target, and I believe it's the same disc as before -- though I can't be completely certain -- which is pretty darn good.
"He thought each memory recalled must do some violence to its origins. As in a party game. Say the words and pass it on. So be sparing. What you alter in the remembering has yet a reality, known or not." -- Cormac McCarthy's The Road

Thomas Spurlin, Staff Reviewer
DVDTalk Reviews
| Personal Blog/Site
Old 09-29-08, 08:48 PM   #3
story
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks. It looks like I'm about to own my first steelbook DVD.
Old 09-30-08, 10:53 AM   #4
Tarantino
DVD Talk Legend

It's also now on Blu-Ray with that same cover. It's $14.99 at Best Buy.

= J

XBox Live - Kleeberg
Old 09-30-08, 11:47 AM   #5
Bleddyn Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
It's also now on Blu-Ray with that same cover. It's $14.99 at Best Buy.

= J
Yes, and the blu-ray looks great.
Old 09-30-08, 12:04 PM   #6
Johnny Zhivago
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryffinmaster View Post
I believe it's the same disc as before -- though I can't be completely certain
I have both editions. The disc content is the same but the disc art was changed to match the Steelbook cover...

Dilauded is pure sunshine wrapped in bacon and delivered straight to your pleasure center by a naked goddess. If I could get my hands on a gallon of it, I would start a new religion. - Cosmosguy
Old 10-03-10, 03:39 PM   #7
tylergfoster
DVD Talk Reviewer

Re: The Proposition has a new edition - any difference?

Just got the new Blu-Ray + DVD Combo Pack, which has the best art of all of them, IMO:

Gee, I wonder why they thought bold blood red, black, and white would be a good fit for the cover of this movie? It's a mystery...

Spoiler: