Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

100 Movies. 31 Days. The 4th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

100 Movies. 31 Days. The 4th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-08, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Dick Laurent
Just want to make it clear that I am not challenging anyone's viewing means. I just hadn't thought of watching on a portable device/laptop/iPhone before. When someone says "watch a movie" I automatically think movie-theatre or the like. Thanks to all of you, my watching horizons have been expanded! I've just never considered enjoying films on-the-go.

Again, no hostility intended.
I have 4 places I'm switching between when watching movies(living room, laptop at home, Zune, bedroom). If I manage to get through an entire thing in one sitting, it's usually the bedroom or living room. I just have different movies in each one. In the bedroom, I usually pick movies with subs so I can watch with the volume down so I don't wake up my wife.

Originally Posted by The Monkees
I'm ahead of myself from last year by a few. I didn't hit 30 until October 8th last year, I hit 30 on October 6th this year.
I just looked back at my old list and realized I really did have a lot more extra time back then, especially with the lack of sleep(waking up around 3-4am and going to sleep around 11pm or so). Nothing like that's ever going to happen again.
Old 10-08-08, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For any movie or newer TV shows, I will only watch it on my home theater setup, and I will typically only watch a movie/show if I know I have enough time to finish it in one sitting. I will watch older TV shows and DVD extras on my laptop when I am on travel or vacation, but never a movie. At home, I have my laptop upstairs and I pretty much continuously listen to DVD commentaries while I am doing stuff around the house. I've got a wireless speaker setup on my laptop so I can take the speaker outside or something if I feel so inclined.

Just to be clear, that's just what I do and I am very particular about my movie watching experiences. I have no issues at all with however people want to watch stuff.
Old 10-08-08, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
I just looked back at my old list and realized I really did have a lot more extra time back then, especially with the lack of sleep(waking up around 3-4am and going to sleep around 11pm or so). Nothing like that's ever going to happen again.
Those hours stopped when I hit 30. Or maybe it was 28? I'll go with 28.4.
Old 10-08-08, 12:25 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
I have 4 places I'm switching between when watching movies(living room, laptop at home, Zune, bedroom). If I manage to get through an entire thing in one sitting, it's usually the bedroom or living room. I just have different movies in each one. In the bedroom, I usually pick movies with subs so I can watch with the volume down so I don't wake up my wife.
Pretty much the same for me. (refraining from a "your wife" joke)
Same here. I still hope to fully participate in each challenge (sorry all!), but never again will I allow myself to actually win one of these things. I'm getting too old, my "to do" list is getting too long to allow more than a couple movies a day on average. I read somewhere that a boy doesn't truly become a man until his father dies. To some extent, I'm finding that to be true. Damn. Sorry, no more soul searching. Back to the death and mayhem.
Old 10-08-08, 01:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Please continue here http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/54...31-pt-2-a.html