DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Amazon offering old Nick TV Shows via burn-on-demand

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-09, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon offering old Nick TV Shows via burn-on-demand

Originally Posted by Kory
What's the quality like?
Better than when it was originally broadcasted. Trust me take a chance on one of these sets and you won't regret it.
Old 12-08-09, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joltman
For the record, even though the Rocko sets are 'Best Ofs', volumes 1 and 2 have the first season and volume 3 has half of the second season.
Yeah but aren't they all out of order?
Old 12-08-09, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfly
Yeah but aren't they all out of order?
Exactly. It's just annoying. Plus, the price is outrageous for only half a season. At least if I'm paying like $20+ for Doug or Hey Arnold! I'm getting the full season.
Old 12-09-09, 11:45 PM

I'd love to get Hey Arnold, Doug, and Rocko, but I flat-out refuse to buy burnt media. Dodgy compatibility, higher chance of duds, and severely reduced lifespan makes these far inferior to pressed discs. I buy DVDs to have hard copies of things that I know will last, and I know I can take anywhere - these burnt discs don't give me either of those things, so I might as well just get them from iTunes or alternative methods. I'll be first in line if they ever make a run of pressed discs.

I can't imagine that demand is so low that they can't justify a single run of these. Cartoon Network is finally getting their butt in gear and releasing "Hall of Fame" season sets of their original Cartoon Cartoons (starting with Johnny Bravo) - pressed discs, available at retail locations. If only Nickelodeon could do something similar.
Old 12-10-09, 10:30 PM

I wonder if you did this and wanted to resell it later, what would happen?
Old 12-12-09, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by bloopbleep
I wonder if you did this and wanted to resell it later, what would happen?
Well I don't have any of these, so I don't know if they have UPCs or not. But even if they do, they won't be in the system for any retailer outside Amazon, so there'd be no way to trade them in the way you could any normal used DVD.

As for selling directly to someone else, well there's nothing to stop you. But I certainly wouldn't bite - I don't want these DVD-Rs brand new, nevermind with who knows how much time of their limited lifespan already past. But that's me, others might buy them if the price was low enough.
Old 12-12-09, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by bevilacq12
Well I don't have any of these, so I don't know if they have UPCs or not. But even if they do, they won't be in the system for any retailer outside Amazon, so there'd be no way to trade them in the way you could any normal used DVD.

As for selling directly to someone else, well there's nothing to stop you. But I certainly wouldn't bite - I don't want these DVD-Rs brand new, nevermind with who knows how much time of their limited lifespan already past. But that's me, others might buy them if the price was low enough.
They do have upcs, and I ordered Doug season 3 today!!!
Old 12-16-09, 07:41 PM

Amazon is releasing Doug season 4 with episodes missing. If they pull this I will be fucking PISSED. From what I read its going to be missing "Doug's Bum Rap" and "Doug's Babysitter". Why release and entire series and then leave off two episodes? Now I see why they changed the listing to Doug: The Best of Season 4.
Old 12-16-09, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What the fuck?!??!
Old 12-16-09, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JohnnyDaBull
Amazon is releasing Doug season 4 with episodes missing. If they pull this I will be fucking PISSED. From what I read its going to be missing "Doug's Bum Rap" and "Doug's Babysitter". Why release and entire series and then leave off two episodes? Now I see why they changed the listing to Doug: The Best of Season 4.
Thanks for the heads up. I won't be ordering it then.
Old 12-16-09, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Those aren't even parts of the same episode. If this is true, I will be unbelievably pissed off. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-16-09, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just emailed the PR people at CreateSpace, who makes these DVDs, to see if they'll let us in on what's up. Doubtful, but I'll update if I get any reply.
Old 12-21-09, 12:24 PM

Doug season 4 will be released tomorrow.(with the two episodes missing) I'm really torn on if I should order this or not.
Old 12-21-09, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'd wait. That's ridiculous they'd be missing two episodes for seemingly no reason. They're only DVD-Rs, so I'd say the chance of them being re-mastered correctly is greater than it would be if they were DVDs.
Old 12-22-09, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was going to bite the bullet in the New Year and order all four seasons of Doug, but this news that Season Four is going to be missing two segments has changed my mind. Thanks Amazon and Nickeloden, for making no sense whatsoever in releasing these classic shows on DVD.
Old 12-22-09, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen
I was going to bite the bullet in the New Year and order all four seasons of Doug, but this news that Season Four is going to be missing two segments has changed my mind. Thanks Amazon and Nickeloden, for making no sense whatsoever in releasing these classic shows on DVD.
My thoughts exactly. I actually have already purchased the first three seasons of Doug, but don't know when or if I'm picking up the new set. It really just pisses me off that they can't find any version suitable enough for dvd. it sucks.
Old 12-27-09, 01:08 AM

Watching Doug season 3 and the picture quality is worst than season 2 for some reason. However, I am looking at it on a different tv than I used to watch, and I would still recommend it because it's an excellent show.
Old 12-27-09, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

That really is stupid about season 4. I haven't bought any of these yet but it just sounds like they don't know what they are doing with season 4.

I bought the first season via iTunes and I'm thinking about getting season 2 as well as they are both $12.99 there as well as the first season of Hey Arnold! (maybe season 2 as well I can't remember if that's on there or not) but season 3 of Doug is not on there, yet. I hope it will be, I got Apple TV for Christmas so it's no problem whatsoever watching it on my TV!
Old 01-19-10, 02:55 PM

Just received Hey Arnold! Seaon 3 in the mail. A few things is that this season comes in two keep cases instead of one. Artwork is identical on both with one saying vol 1 and the other vol 2. Also, the spines on this season are green just like season four only a different shade.
Old 01-20-10, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Lame. If I owned these, I'd definitely be in the market for some custom artwork for a case that held all the discs for season 3.
Old 01-20-10, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They charge so friggin much for these burn-on-demand discs but throw them in shitty cases with crappy and sloppy packaging. I don't understand.
Old 01-23-10, 08:15 AM

Just a heads up, I must say Hey Arnold! Season 3 has the worst picture quality that I've seen for one of these sets so far. I am using a newer tv, but I don't think thats the problem.
Old 01-25-10, 05:13 AM

I'm currently in the process of exchaning Hey Arnold! Season 3. The very last disc is defective on the very last episode. I'm really pissed about the whole situation.
Old 01-25-10, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfly
They charge so friggin much for these burn-on-demand discs but throw them in shitty cases with crappy and sloppy packaging. I don't understand.
I don't think the Nickelodeon ones are overpriced. $30 for a season of a show, not bad. When The Simpsons S1 came out that was only 13 episodes and was $30.
Old 01-28-10, 05:52 PM

I did recieve my new copy of hey arnold season 3, and the picture quality is actually better on this one. I'm thinking the first one I had might have just been a shit copy. I also ordered The Best of Rocko vol. 3.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.