Volume 2

Volume 3

Volume 4

Volume 5

Volume 6

Wrestling DVD Release List

WWE DVD Release List (pdf)

Repeating the previous rules:

The thread is to have a discussion on all wrestling DVD related topics.

There is another thread, which I have to update, that has the upcoming DVD releases.

For weekly wrestling discussion, you can go to the Sports forum at DVDTalk, where MovieExchange keeps a very nice weekly thread with all the news pertaining to pro wrestling. He even has Pay Per View contest!

Don't post active ebay auctions. Don't talk about bootlegs. Don't threadcrap. And please keep general wrestling discussion on the Sport section of DVDTalk.

Let the talking begin....
Old 08-06-08, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edit
Old 08-07-08, 12:13 AM

Mind if I carry over Throwback's pictures from the retail stores just for continuity?...lol
J/K. No offense meant to you Throwback, as I really do enjoy seeing your latest finds and am in awe of your collection.
Old 08-07-08, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Please don't. The constant whoring of his collection is the thing that keeps me away from these threads, as it's completely silly.
Old 08-07-08, 06:03 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by abrg923
Please don't. The constant whoring of his collection is the thing that keeps me away from these threads, as it's completely silly.
He is proud of his collection as I am, as are many others. I like seeing all the rare DVD's that he finds. I modeled my MMA DVD blog after his.

If you not proud of your collection then that's you problem not his.
Old 08-07-08, 02:21 PM

Just got my SummerSlam Anthology a few hours ago. Once I'm finished with a theme alteration list, I'll post it.
Old 08-07-08, 04:05 PM

I would have liked to see WWE add the 'dark match' from SummerSlam 92 w/ Hacksaw Jim Duggan and the Bushwhackers vs. The Nasty Boys and the Mountie to the dvd. I remember they featured it on Prime Time Wrestling claiming it wasnt seen on the live PPV because of time constraints. I have it on VHS somewhere though, may have to dig it out.
Old 08-07-08, 05:40 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by l8nerduke32
I would have liked to see WWE add the 'dark match' from SummerSlam 92 w/ Hacksaw Jim Duggan and the Bushwhackers vs. The Nasty Boys and the Mountie to the dvd. I remember they featured it on Prime Time Wrestling claiming it wasnt seen on the live PPV because of time constraints. I have it on VHS somewhere though, may have to dig it out.
Funny you should mention that match. I was going to ask if that match, Tantanka vs. Berzerker and Tito Santana vs. Papa Shango were included on the 92 DVD.

I know the European release of Summerslam 92 had the bonus matches included on the videotape and those matches aired in the US on Primetime Wrestling shortly after the event.
Old 08-07-08, 05:52 PM

People should be able to post pictures at their own free will without little snidy comments. It's quite simple, if you aren't interested in the pictures then don't bother responding. I think a lot of the time the negativity created can be down to jealousy.

Like Throwback I myself am one of the most avid collectors of WWE/Wrestling related Videos and DVDs in the world. My collection owes a lot to Throwbacks time and effort to post pictures of all these USA Exclusives, because if he hadn't made me aware of them I simply wouldn't have them in my collection.
Old 08-07-08, 06:07 PM

I like looking at his collection.

i say feel free to post pics if you want!

i would just stop the "qouteing" of them....no need to see them more then once just to have someone say "nice collection"
does that make sense?
Old 08-07-08, 06:18 PM
Ram
Banned

Can anyone confirm if the Summerslam Anthology they are selling at HMV Canada is the crappy US version or the Cool European one?

When is the HIAC dvd coming out?

Last edited by Ram; 08-07-08 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-07-08, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ram
Can anyone confirm if the Summeslam Anthology they are selling at HMV Canada is the crappy US version or the Cool European one?

The HIAC dvd is due out in the states October 7th.
Old 08-07-08, 06:30 PM

Found this listing on amazon.com and says this is due out November 11th:

Viva La Raza! the Legacy of Eddie Guerrero, no other details just a title.
Old 08-07-08, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 136 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by Jman4200
Found this listing on amazon.com and says this is due out November 11th:

Viva La Raza! the Legacy of Eddie Guerrero, no other details just a title.
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=667
Old 08-07-08, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ram
Can anyone confirm if the Summerslam Anthology they are selling at HMV Canada is the crappy US version or the Cool European one?

I got mine from HMV, and its the US version with the discs in cardboard sleeve inserts instead of hubs.

The discs themselves have KOCH on it but the packaging has the US numbers on the spine.
Old 08-07-08, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Beater70
He is proud of his collection as I am, as are many others. I like seeing all the rare DVD's that he finds. I modeled my MMA DVD blog after his.

If you not proud of your collection then that's you problem not his.
I don't mind him being proud of his collection, but he could at least just post the pics as thumbnails instead of making the thread take forever to load by posting a large amount of massive pics at once.

I'm glad to see WWE releasing another Eddie set - hopefully they put out more of his excellent ECW and WCW work on it, as those haven't been showcased as well as his WWE stuff on DVD.
Old 08-07-08, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't understand the need to post pictures unless it's of a set that's coming out that someone has an advance of and that set has particularly impressive packaging.

If someone needs to "prove themselves", I don't really care. I either believe you own the DVDs or don't. I don't care if someone has 5 versions of the Rey Mysterio Jr DVD. I'll take them at their word. If I get "fooled", oh well. No big deal.

Either way, if you're going to post pictures, bigger is better.
Old 08-07-08, 08:44 PM

Switching gears for a moment. Here are comparision photos between the SummerSlam, Royal Rumble, and WrestleMania Anthology sets:

Old 08-07-08, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thanks BrianMercy for the comparative picture-analysis of the WWE Anthology Boxsets.

Whoa, looks like they really went way over the normal design for the dimension of the Summerslam boxset.
Old 08-07-08, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by xage
Thanks BrianMercy for the comparative picture-analysis of the WWE Anthology Boxsets.

Whoa, looks like they really went way over the normal design for the dimension of the Summerslam boxset.
You're welcome. The SummerSlam Anthology is somewhat tiny compared to the other two.
Old 08-07-08, 09:08 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Beater70
thanks man, seriously the reason i didn't push thru w/ my MMA dvd collection long ago is im desperate enough to obtain the rare K1/Pride Dynamite DVD that you have. that is long OOP & very hard to find AFAIK. Great MMA DVD Blog also!

Originally Posted by Untitled 1
People should be able to post pictures at their own free will without little snidy comments. It's quite simple, if you aren't interested in the pictures then don't bother responding. I think a lot of the time the negativity created can be down to jealousy.
Like Throwback I myself am one of the most avid collectors of WWE/Wrestling related Videos and DVDs in the world. My collection owes a lot to Throwbacks time and effort to post pictures of all these USA Exclusives, because if he hadn't made me aware of them I simply wouldn't have them in my collection.
Well said mate, as i once said you & Clark are my idols when it comes to WWE DVD's, as for the negativity created can be down to jealousy point, yeah you're definetly right man.

For examples; the khali dude's recent remarks how a waste post it is, another dude's im sick of tired how silly his bragging/whoring post is, His pics are big, blah,blah,blah. i just laugh it off man, since i have no idea whatever their problems is w/ me.

and for the record here, Me sharing pictures is my way sharing information of that recent released or rare WWE dvd exclusive, another reason i made a WWE dvd blogsite since im continuing clarkie's legacy of the old WWEDVDINFO and take note the photos i posted are standard 480 px (or less) height. they are not massive as some other guy stated...

funny thing is im like becoming the Xage's Saw/Evil Dead collection of this wrestling DVD board. (no offense xage )

Anyways back to the topic, finally found what country is the Lenticular Wrestlemania 19 DVD my friend of mine gave me a couple of months ago.

It's an official R3 WWE DVD licensed from taiwan/malaysia/singapore: (pic credit: seller billboardtw)

throwbackchampion
Old 08-07-08, 10:13 PM

I say keep on rocking THROWBACK.................there is no doubt you add to this thread and always look forward to seeing your pics. You are a TRUE HARDCORE COLLECTOR.
Old 08-08-08, 12:51 AM

Throwback, your vast DVD collection is something that won't ever be topped. Keep on posting photos of your collection. I always look foward to seeing your photos.

To those who want to know that songs were dubbed over on the SummerSlam Anthology, well I'm finished compiling my list.

Credit BrIaNMeRcY from compiling this list.

SummerSlam Anthology Notes:

Notes:

1. Any WWF references were edited out due to legal reasons. Same goes with the WWF Scratch Logo.
2. Demolition, Twin Towers, and the Orient Express' themes were kept intact on this set.

Volume I:

- Don Muraco's theme is dubbed over. Same dub as the WrestleMania Anthology.

- No theme alterations

- No theme alterations

- Ricky Steamboat's theme is dubbed over. Same dub as the WrestleMania Anthology.

- The opening songs when the fans are talking.

Volume II

- No theme alterations

- Inserted in a graphic that states the date. Similar to WrestleMania 13 on the Anthology.
- Superstar Hotline Graphic was replaced with the WWE Scratch logo
- No theme alterations

- No theme alterations
- WWF Text was replaced to say WWE

- Faarooq's theme was dubbed over with some generic song.

- WWF Text was replaced to say WWE
- No theme alterations

Volume III

- "Highway To Hell" is dubbed over with some generic music
- Marc Mero's theme is dubbed over

- No theme alterations

- "Race Against Time" was dubbed over
- Steve Blackman's theme was dubbed over.
- The Undertaker's Kid Rock theme was dubbed over with "You're Gonna Pay"

- All name bars that contained WWF was replaced with WWE.
- X-Pac's theme is dubbed over with some generic song.
- The Undertaker's theme is dubbed over with "You're Gonna Pay"

- Ric Flair's theme is dubbed with his 1991-1993 theme.
- Edge Rob Zombie theme is dubbed with his Volume 4 theme

Volume IV

- "St. Anger" by Metalica is dubbed over with some generic music
- The Dudley Boyz theme is dubbed from Powerman 5000 to their Anthology Theme

- "Summertime Blues" by Rush was dubbed over with some generic theme.

- "Get It Poppin" by Fat Joe featuring Nelly was dubbed over with some song.

- "The Enemy" by Godsmack was dubbed over.

-" Whine Up" by Kat DeLuna with Elephant Man was dubbed over with some generic song (Same dub featured on the original DVD Release)
Old 08-08-08, 03:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 699 Likes on 570 Posts
Cool pics but it looks like you have the dvds stored next to a heating or air conditioning vent unless that was just temporary for the photos

I am praying they release summerslam as individual volumes

would it be wise to shell out the $160 for the entire set or wait until they release individual volumes or could the summerslam set go out of print and single volumes never get released and if you don't grab it now you will be paying $600 at ebay for it in 4 months?
Old 08-08-08, 04:03 AM
Cool New Member

So, songs that were being dubbed over on the Wrestlemania and Rumble anthologies are now being left in tact? I wish they'd make up their minds.

As for the sets, this is my take on them.....

I have Summerslam's 1999-2007 on dvd from the original releases and have gotten them for great deals. Plus, 1999-2001 have no blurs, something that annoys me to no end. Also, you figured that with the anthology sets, you don't get the bonus features like the Rock/Brock training videos, the Olympic Promos (which make the 2004 dvd worth the price).

As for 1988-1998, I would prefer just getting the home video releases and transferring them to 2-disc dvd sets, as I have done with my Wrestlemania and Royal Rumble videos.

Last edited by CSUMB84; 08-08-08 at 04:06 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.