Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews


Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -


Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-14-08, 06:30 AM   #1
Living Deadpan
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,221
Is the Blade Runner briefcase ever going out-of-print?

I swear, last winter I (and many others) thought these would be snatched up by spring. Last week I was at an indie record store and they had 4 or 5 in stock. Most of the online retailers still have them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 09:02 AM   #2
The Man with the Golden Doujinshi
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mister Peepers
Posts: 6,911
It's already OOP but as with Anchor Bay's limited edition tins, will always be found somewhere.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 11:30 AM   #3
johnglad
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Peachtree City, GA 30269
Posts: 499
The Blu-Ray version of the briefcase is already commanding out of print prices on Ebay and Amazon. That will be the one years from now that people will pay big money for. The reason is the numbering. About 10X as many dvd versions produced versus Blu-Ray. But even that sets potential is lowered by the fact that the overall briefcase set on any format is the same and you could just buy the $25 Blade runner 5 disc blu-ray which is still in print. Then you have everything.
The dvd version will someday command $80 on Ebay. I could see that. But that isn't any profit on an expensive set to begin with.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 11:53 AM   #4
Shannon Nutt
DVD Talk Legend
 
Shannon Nutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 12,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnglad
The Blu-Ray version of the briefcase is already commanding out of print prices on Ebay and Amazon. That will be the one years from now that people will pay big money for. The reason is the numbering. About 10X as many dvd versions produced versus Blu-Ray. But even that sets potential is lowered by the fact that the overall briefcase set on any format is the same and you could just buy the $25 Blade runner 5 disc blu-ray which is still in print. Then you have everything.
The dvd version will someday command $80 on Ebay. I could see that. But that isn't any profit on an expensive set to begin with.
And I would guess people need to be very careful when bidding on such Blu-ray briefcases on Ebay...one could essentially buy a DVD briefcase and a Blu-ray 5-disc and "create" their own Blu-ray case - so it's very important to check the outside packaging.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 02:25 PM   #5
Josh-da-man
DVD Talk Legend
 
Josh-da-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Bible Belt
Posts: 19,728
These blew out of all the stores near me the first week or so, and they never restocked them.
__________________
"Two guys in a bathroom stall it feels like the most important place in the whole world in that moment. I've actually gone into bathroom stalls with friends since I quit, just so I still have a little bit of that bonding." - Lars Ulrich
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 04:29 PM   #6
Living Deadpan
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,221
Maybe I'll buy another briefcase and use it to store the Caligula box set.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 04:32 PM   #7
Living Deadpan
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,221
How about a collectible Total Recall shaped like a portable DVD player. Push 'eject' and it says "Get your ass to Mars."
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 09:19 PM   #8
zombeaner
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,128
Well, it is limited to only 103,000 units.
__________________
My Movies So Far...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-08, 06:38 PM   #9
Xytraguptorh
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Parts, Unknown
Posts: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
And I would guess people need to be very careful when bidding on such Blu-ray briefcases on Ebay...one could essentially buy a DVD briefcase and a Blu-ray 5-disc and "create" their own Blu-ray case - so it's very important to check the outside packaging.
I have the HD-DVD briefcase. The only difference is the 5-disc set, and the BD set is available on its own. I agree, if prices on the BD briefcase got high enough you could just pay the regular price for the DVD or HD-DVD briefcase and buy the BD set separately since they're exactly the same.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-08, 06:57 PM   #10
soccerstud652
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Deadpan
How about a collectible Total Recall shaped like a portable DVD player. Push 'eject' and it says "Get your ass to Mars."
I would pay $1000 for that.

They should make one like the briefcase Arnold totes around with all the gizmos and ids in it.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 AM.

Rules - DVD Talk - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0
Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.