Old 06-23-08, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I picked up for $25 at Gamestop

1. Hell Yeah: Stone Cold's Saga Continues
2. The Rock - The People's Champ
3. Mick Foley - Hard Knocks & Cheap Pops
4. Triple H - The Game
5. Great American Bash 2006
6. Bret "Hitman" Hart: The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be
7. Royal Rumble 2007

Not bad and a few more holes are filled in my collection.
Old 06-23-08, 12:16 PM

Got a question for everyone. How rare is the TNA Victory Road 2007 DVD. I see the buy it now price on EBAY is 30 bucks but don't know if it is actually rare.
Old 06-23-08, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's not that rare. It see it at almost every FYE I go to, and they always have a couple of copies.
Old 06-23-08, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

KMart has the newer Tagged Classic sets for $12.99 each, while the older sets are still $14.99. I'm pretty sure they were Royal Rumble/No Way Out 2003 & Backlash/Judgement Day 2003.

Bob
Old 06-23-08, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
It's not that rare. It see it at almost every FYE I go to, and they always have a couple of copies.
Thank you for the response. My next question would then be what are the rare TNA DVDs?

Thanks
Old 06-23-08, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

All I know are the ppvs:

Victory Road 2004
Turning Point 2004
Lockdown 2005
Victory Road 2006
Turning Point 2006
No Surrender 2007

Those are pretty hard to come by, especially VR '06.
Old 06-23-08, 04:26 PM

Best of 3 Live Kru
Best of America's Most Wanted
Best of Bloodiest Brawls (1st release with Synn covered with Blood)
Best of the Ultimate X
Best of the X Division (w/ C. Daniels on the cover)
Best of the NWA-TNA Title

are the 7 rarest non PPVs
Old 06-23-08, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Best of Bloodiest Brawls (1st release with Synn covered with Blood) Isn't it Slash covered in blood? Synn was the guy they threw darts at his back if I remember correctly.

Are these still considered rare since the TNA web site was selling them recently? I know the ones I bought were the 1 disc versions so maybe the 2 disc versions are the rare ones.
Bob
Old 06-23-08, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Noticed a couple of new DVDS announced by TNA (aside from Bloodiest Brawls which had already been mentioned):

BEST OF THE BLOODIEST BRAWLS: SCARS AND STITCHES
Featuring the most barbaric and bloody matches in recent TNA Wrestling history. This DVD is intended for mature audiences. Features Abyss, Rhino, Team 3D, "Cowboy" James Storm, AJ Styles and many more. Coming August 5 to ShopTNA.com and major DVD retailers.

KNOCKED OUT
TNA Knockouts - some are drop dead gorgeous, others are just drop dead. No Divas here, real wrestling, real athletes, real risk. Grab the Knockout Out DVD and find out what makes TNA's Knockouts pro wrestling's elite female division. Coming October 7 to ShopTNA.com and major DVD retailers.

KURT ANGLE: CHAMPION
The chronicle of Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle and his career in Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. Includes his best matches, exclusive interviews, never-before-seen footage and much more. Coming November 25 to ShopTNA.com and major DVD retailers.

ULTIMATE MATCHES
TNA is the world leader in innovative, dangerous, high flying matches. No other pro wrestling company comes close to the excitement of TNA's speciality matches. Get the Ultimate Matches DVD and experience for yourself King Of The Mountain, Ultimate X, Lockdown, Monster's Ball and 2008's most inovative match the Terrrodome. Coming October 21 to ShopTNA.com and major DVD retailers.
Old 06-23-08, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Early Pics of the New Flair dvd set for release on july 8th. Just finished watching the Bio Portion and it was quite entertaining. I feared that i wasn't going to enjoy it as much as some bio's, since we've had dvd's dedicated or at least partially towards flair. The First Flair collection where he went over his feuds and matches in great detail, The horseman dvd and even the Greatest stars of the 80's. With all that said it was still a well done and great addition to my collection of wwe dvds.

Old 06-23-08, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Awesome man!

How you get these releases so early??? I would love for some stores near me breaking street date but never do.
Old 06-23-08, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sg2386
Awesome man!

How you get these releases so early??? I would love for some stores near me breaking street date but never do.
Smaller dvd shops tend to break street date on releases because they figure it's the only way they will be able to compete w/places like best buy, circuit city and others.
Old 06-24-08, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by shacmasta
Smaller dvd shops tend to break street date on releases because they figure it's the only way they will be able to compete w/places like best buy, circuit city and others.
Makes sense,

Can't wait to pick this release up, looking forward to watching the complete Farewell address (including the off-the-air footage).

I'm also looking for to the Summerslam Anthology.
Old 06-24-08, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by JCWBobC
Best of Bloodiest Brawls (1st release with Synn covered with Blood) Isn't it Slash covered in blood? Synn was the guy they threw darts at his back if I remember correctly.

Are these still considered rare since the TNA web site was selling them recently? I know the ones I bought were the 1 disc versions so maybe the 2 disc versions are the rare ones.
Bob

You are right that is Slash my bad. At a quick look my friend thought it was Goldberg at 1st, but then I explained Goldberg was not in TNA. If I am not mistaken I believe they have sold out on TNA's web site of the Bloodiest Brawls DVD.
Old 06-24-08, 10:59 AM
Suspended

Shacmasta sweet haul man!

Originally Posted by poisonrulz
Yeah,but that's the thing, i was thinking that maybe because this was sent only to academy members, maybe it wasn't pressed like all other wwe dvd's, but rather burned in small quantities
I mean my disc looks just like this one and it also comes in a plain case with no artwork like mentioned, but it's the lack of a menu and the purple back that makes me suspicious.
I tried PMing throwback to verify how his copy looks, but no reply.
dude sorry for the late reply have'nt been visiting the forums lately but here's the answer to your queries...

AFAIK i think it's a bootleg version that you received, got my Emmy DVD thru a good friend of mine here are some detailed pics of the front & back of the DVD & the bonus WWE Emmy Promotional flyer packaged w/ it.

Front & Back of 2007 WWE Tribute to the Troops Emmy DVD

WWE Straight Up Emmy Promotional Flyer

as for the Menu of the said dvd. it has no menu's whatsoever man it's direct play only & chapter skips
(e.g. WWF Funniest moments dvd, even you press the menu button you can't access it)
Old 06-24-08, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Attitude collection DVDs didn't even have menus or chapter skips, you had to fast forward or rewind like a VCR.
Old 06-24-08, 04:54 PM

Thanks for the Flair set pics - the packaging looks great, aside from the far too yellow disc art. I like the U.S. WWE Tagged Classics packs - I picked up NWO '03 and RR '03 for $13 at Best Buy, and while I already have the Rumble show, it's worth having a second copy of that show, and NWO was...fine. There's apparently also a No Mercy '02/'03 pack as well.

I've got the Unforgiven '98 Attitude collection DVD, and while it's annoying that it has no chapter skips or menus, the video quality for it is fantastic. It's a shame they didn't use the Attitude collection label on shows that were...good.
Old 06-24-08, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JPeeples
Thanks for the Flair set pics - the packaging looks great, aside from the far too yellow disc art. I like the U.S. WWE Tagged Classics packs - I picked up NWO '03 and RR '03 for $13 at Best Buy, and while I already have the Rumble show, it's worth having a second copy of that show, and NWO was...fine. There's apparently also a No Mercy '02/'03 pack as well. .
The No Mercy 2003/2003 pack is a Kmart exclusive along with Unforgiven 2002/2003 pack.

Theres also a Backlash 2003/Judgment Day 2003 tagged classic pack.
Old 06-24-08, 05:44 PM

It's a shame they didn't use the Attitude collection label on shows that were...good.
They were going to release more Attitude Collection DVDs in the future but that obviously never happened (probably due to the WWF/WWE name change).

I wish we got the WWF-era Tagged Classics over here in the USA.
Old 06-24-08, 05:53 PM

I saw the JD/Backlash set at Best Buy - many, many copies of that set, but only one NWO/RR set, which is one reason I snagged that set instead. When did they release those Attitude DVDs? I'm pretty sure they'd stopped doing that long before the name change.
Old 06-24-08, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My WWF/WWE collection:
Spoiler:

Last edited by BravesMG; 06-26-08 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-24-08, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Awesome collection. It always saddens me to see the pre-WWE stuff, because I used to work at Sam Goody before I was a wrestling fan, and I remember seeing all these old DVDs when they came out that I would now pay an arm and a leg for.

But the stuff of real value in your collection would be:

Backlash 2002
No Way Out 2002
Royal Rumble 2002
Judgment Day 2001
WrestleMania X-Seven
Royal Rumble 2001
And evertything before it.

WWF Action is a pretty nice find, too.
Old 06-24-08, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Awesome collection!!

I noticed you also have the Pioneer releases of ECW, those go for quite a bit as well.
Old 06-24-08, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Can someone list all of the Tagged Classics that have been released in the US, please?
Old 06-24-08, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw the JD/Backlash set at Best Buy - many, many copies of that set, but only one NWO/RR set, which is one reason I snagged that set instead. When did they release those Attitude DVDs? I'm pretty sure they'd stopped doing that long before the name change.
All 12 of the Attitude Collection DVDs were released according to Amazon.com Feb. 5/2002. I am sure they were going to release more but couple months later they lost the court battle with "WWF". But they were still allowed to show the logo throughout that summer and blurring basically came into effect after releasing Hulk Still Rules late Aug/2002

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.