Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Bond: On Her Majesty's Secret Service - Single DVD?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-08, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't for the life of me find any info on this: was a single disc "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" released recently? I never went for the Ultimate Edition box sets and waited for the single releases, but I can't find one for OHMSS. Anybody know anything about this?

Thanks!
Old 05-25-08, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing, since I only wanted to get around half of all the films and this was one I wanted.
Old 05-25-08, 10:25 AM

I've had trouble as well. I opted for just buying Bond in the individual releases and this is the last one I need. For the life of me, I can't find it anywhere.
Old 05-25-08, 11:49 AM

I think it is out of print. I ended up buying it in one of the Bond sets when CC had it on sale for $18.99.
Old 05-25-08, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A discount book place I order from a lot recently got a lot of old MGM dvds in stock. I picked up A View to a Kill. I'm not really up on the different Bond releases and respective quality/special features, but if you're interested:

http://www.hamiltonbook.com/hamilton...oducts/7101589
Old 05-25-08, 01:14 PM

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't find this! I really want one of the new releases if for no other reason than it would match the other new Bond DVDs that I have...

Have all the Bonds been released as single discs recently except OHMSS? I checked out the MGM Bond DVD site, but they only listed the first wave of singles.
Old 05-25-08, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Ky-Fi
A discount book place I order from a lot recently got a lot of old MGM dvds in stock. I picked up A View to a Kill. I'm not really up on the different Bond releases and respective quality/special features, but if you're interested:

http://www.hamiltonbook.com/hamilton...oducts/7101589
I'd opt for a used copy of the original release, but I'd rather have the new DTS track.
Old 05-25-08, 03:51 PM

As best as I can tell they've all been released now. amazon.com shows OHMSS in the newer packaging but I've never seen it in store. My local blockbuster has multiple copies of every single Bond movie except for that one and they've been of no help

I haven't been able to find it's original release either. I've got the guys at the local used places keeping an eye out for me but they haven't seen a copy in quite awhile.
Old 05-26-08, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 615 Likes on 453 Posts
Would the unavailability of this title have anything to do with those awful color (color-timing?) issues it suffered from? Perhaps they held it back to correct the problem? I too have it in one of the box sets, but I held onto the original special edition because the "new" color in that opening beach sequence on the latest release is just heartbreaking. I've seen the older special edition fetch some hefty prices on eBay from time to time, probably because of this very issue, but I just can't bring myself to sell it.
Old 05-26-08, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by hitman tommy
As best as I can tell they've all been released now. amazon.com shows OHMSS in the newer packaging but I've never seen it in store. My local blockbuster has multiple copies of every single Bond movie except for that one and they've been of no help

I haven't been able to find it's original release either. I've got the guys at the local used places keeping an eye out for me but they haven't seen a copy in quite awhile.
Just checked amazon.com's site, and the new packaging is shown, but it's listed as the two-disc edition. The two-disc editions were only sold in the boxed sets, so I'm guessing that some amazon marketplace sellers have decided to break up their sets and sell that one separately.

Ergo, I conclude that this has not been released as a single disc yet, at least not with the new transfer. The one being sold by hamiltonbook.com is apparently the old SE. If anyone really wants the movie to complete their set, it might not be a bad idea to grab it. The price is cheap.
Old 05-28-08, 12:08 PM
Cool New Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got so tired of just waiting for this one release, I decided to sell the singles editions I owned of these new remasters and the old special editions (I had kept them for the special features) of the 10 or 11 movies movies I truly wanted and bought the four box sets. I ended up making 10 bucks in the end, got the 4 box sets with all the movies and features and kept the old editions Goldeneye and OHMSS as well for picture issues.