DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dirt (Courtney Cox) Season 1 12/11/07

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7638
12/11/07 date may change
Episodes:
1. Pilot
Spoiler:
Courteney Cox stars as ruthless tabloid editor Lucy Spiller, who's masterful at using threats and manipulation to dig up dirt, aided by resourceful paparazzo Don Konkey. Lucy zeroes in on struggling actor Holt McLaren, who needs favorable publicity and whose rising-star girlfriend, Julia Mallory, is well-connected.
2. Blogan
Spoiler:
Lucy sends Don to shoot Kira Klay's corpse, but Kira looks all too lively to him. Don also gets a visit from Prince Tyreese, but it's not exactly a courtesy call. Meanwhile, Holt looks for ways to help Julia, and Willa shows journalistic spunk in tracking down dirt on a Hollywood power couple known as “Blogan.”
3. Ovophagy
Spoiler:
"Dirt Now" is about to launch, and Lucy needs a cover story. Lucy suspects that drugs made an ailing Christian-pop star sick and dispatches Don to get the dirt and Don makes a sacrifice to get it. Meanwhile, Holt is courted by a major producer while Julia has a hard time back on the set of her sitcom.
4. What to Expect When You're Expecting
Spoiler:
Lucy blackmails basketball star Prince Tyreese into helping her track down a missing rap star; Lucy and Leo's mother announces her plans to re-marry on the anniversary of their father's suicide.
5. You Don't Know Jack
Spoiler:
Lucy publishes photos of action-movie star Jack Dawson in the arms of her brother Leo; menacing visitors threaten Brent Barrow to reveal Lucy's source about the murder of Aundre G; Julia interrupts a photo shoot for Holt.
6. The Secret Lives of Altar Girls
Spoiler:
To assist Willa in her investigation of a teenage girl's murder in a small California town, Lucy delegates her onetime mentor to help. In the meantime, Holt and Lucy's growing attraction towards each other comes to a boil. Meanwhile Julia slumps into the arms of Garbo and deeper into drugs.
7. Come Together
Spoiler:
When her source takes back her story, Willa's excitement over her first story fades. In the meantime Lucy's relationship with Leo and her coming with DirtNow are jeopardized by Jack Dawson's lawsuit. Don becomes involved with a waitress.
8. The Thing Under the Bed
Spoiler:
Lucy has trouble sleeping. Willa teams up with Don to uncover a secret celebrity wedding. Julia deals with rehab while Holt deals with his career.
9. This Is Not Your Father's Hostage Situation
Spoiler:
A former child star takes the magazine staff hostage, forcing them to produce an entire issue about him. In the meantime, Lucy wonders if he is really a threat or simply a harmless has-been looking for publicity.
10. The Sexxx Issue
Spoiler:
Lucy proposes a sex-themed issue as a means of getting the staff to relax after the hostage situation. In the meantine, Brent and Willa find themselves in a compromising position with a girl whose father wishes to turn into a star, and Don faces his intimacy problem with Abby.
11. Pap Smeared
Spoiler:
Lucy's stalker embarrasses her at work with pictures of her and Holt's intimacy. Meanwhile, a young photographer under Don's guidance gets hurt due to Don's commitment to Lucy.
12. Caught On Tape
Spoiler:
Julia and Johnny's sex tape is released onto the internet, and Johnny's comments on the news lead people to believe that Lucy leaked it. Don gets an unusual assignment.
13. Ita Missa Est
Spoiler:
Jennifer Aniston guest stars as an editor of a rival magazine, and word has it that she's out for Lucy's job. Lucy's stalker's identity is revealed, the Holt and Julia saga reaches a climax, and Don continues his unusual assignment.
Old 07-11-07, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Wow. Sorta surprised to see this is coming out on dvd. Thought it was pretty much unilaterally panned. I personally thought the show was god awful, and won't be purchasing. But this does offer hope for some other shows that I wish were on dvd. If they released this on dvd, then Killer Instinct can't be too far behind.
Old 07-11-07, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
I just hope FX doesn't waste another 3 months of prime Tuesday real estate on this series.
Old 07-11-07, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They need to release Lucky instead.
Old 07-11-07, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
I just hope FX doesn't waste another 3 months of prime Tuesday real estate on this series.
Amen to that. Pushed back The shield, and moved Rescue Me to wednesdays. All for that "show".
Old 07-11-07, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I kind of like it, but don't need to see it again on DVD.

And as far as I know, the show IS returning for another season.
Old 07-11-07, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Fox has already greenlit a second season.
Old 07-11-07, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I never tuned in for the show, but I've been SUPER impressed with the quality programming F/X has been producing. I might have to give it the ole blind by treatment, at least while its on sale first week.
Old 07-12-07, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I never liked Friends for the fact that it wasn't that funny and more for the fact that Courtney Cox just looks like a bitch. Matthew Perry was the only person on that show who came off as a likable person.

Anyways enough of my ranting, I got a Co-Worker to tape an episode of this show for me (the pilot naturally) & I thought it was horrible, I'd rather watch Friends.

One of FX's few flops in original programming, which isn't a bad record considering how good The Shield is. I hope they don't push it back again for another season of this show.
Old 07-15-07, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Cover and more details: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7660
Old 07-15-07, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Doc Moonlight
Fox has already greenlit a second season.
what a waste of money and airtime
Old 07-15-07, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by burnside986
I never tuned in for the show, but I've been SUPER impressed with the quality programming F/X has been producing. I might have to give it the ole blind by treatment, at least while its on sale first week.

I too like alot of shows f/x is doing right now. This show, however is definitely NOT one of them.
Old 07-15-07, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wow, that's a terrible cover -- totally unrepresentative of the show.
Old 07-16-07, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I know 20th Century FOX owns this title but how about 30 Days -Season 2 on DVD. Or how about the f/x's The Riches, that show was excellent in my opinion & I never thought I would love a show starring fucking Minnie Driver (her recurring role on Will & Grace was alright). I'm sure more people would rather see those 2 shows come to DVD then Dirt.
Old 12-27-07, 11:39 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

For the few of us that thought this was one of the best and most entertaining shows of the year, it's nice to finally read some critical praise: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=31731
Old 12-27-07, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by nateman241
Or how about the f/x's The Riches, that show was excellent in my opinion & I never thought I would love a show starring fucking Minnie Driver (her recurring role on Will & Grace was alright). I'm sure more people would rather see those 2 shows come to DVD then Dirt.
Not to get off topic, but The Riches is supposed to be released Jan. 8th, IIRC.
Old 12-27-07, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
This was quite possibly one of, if not the, worst series to come out of FX. I can't believe they greenlit a second season.