Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Tom & Jerry Spotlight Collection: Vol.1 REPLACEMENT PROGRAM READY TO GO!

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-07, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

I combed through all the previous posts before deciding to just create a new one.

This has been a long time coming!

http://hometheaterforum.com/htf/show...60#post3051460

From last week:
IMPORTANT NEWS REGARDING Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection: Volume 1!

I was speaking with one of my Warner contacts today, and during the course of our conversation I asked him if he had heard anything regarding the long-promised replacement program for the Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection Vol. 1. (In actuality, my question was more along the lines of, "Any chance we're EVER going to get this…?").

Surprisingly, the answer was… YES! Even better, it is happening much sooner than any of us expected! Here are the details:

The original Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection: Volume 1 DVD release contained censored versions of three shorts on Disc 1. Warner Home Video's replacement program is scheduled to begin next Tuesday, January 2, 2007. Should you wish to have your Disc 1 replaced with an uncensored version of all the shorts, please contact Warner Home Video at (800) 553-6937 on or after that date. An operator will take down your information, and a self-addressed stamped envelope will subsequently be sent to you to return your original disc in.

Please note that the actual replacement discs are in the process of being pressed, and are currently expected to be "in stock" within 10-14 days.

Unfortunately, I neglected to ask how the replacement/exchange would actually be handled -- i.e., if the corrected replacement disc would be included with the initially-mailed SASE (as the previous Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection: Vol. 2 discs were), or if you first had to return your disc before any replacement was sent. I'll see if I can get that info when I talk with my contact again next week.

Just as an FYI, this information should be considered 100% accurate as of 4:45pm today, as my contact is one of the Warner representatives directly responsible for overseeing these specific exchange programs.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

(PS: Ron/Jack/Robert, if you're reading this, please feel free to move it into its own separate, specific thread should you deem it appropriate.)

It's apparently up and running now. Pretty much how they dealt with the Superman Ultimate Blunder. They send you envelopes, you send discs, get new discs back.

Start calling!
Old 01-03-07, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I called this morning but got tired of waiting for someone to answer the phone. They put me on hold and no one ever answered after twenty minutes. I'll try again later. I already did the exchange with the second volume last month.
Old 01-03-07, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I called this morning but got tired of waiting for someone to answer the phone. They put me on hold and no one ever answered after twenty minutes. I'll try again later. I already did the exchange with the second volume last month.
Same with me. Did the exchange for Vol.II two months ago, and got tired of being on hold on Monday for twenty minutes.

Will try right now...
Old 01-03-07, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just managed to get in a few minutes ago after about 15 minutes on hold. Since I recently did a volume 2 exchange I was already in the system and didn't have to give them all my contact information again.
Old 01-03-07, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks, just called and was only on the phone for 6 minutes. I got in for both sets as I never did Volume 2 before.
Old 01-03-07, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Its five-thirty, so they may be closed? I'm going to hang up in five minutes and try again tomorrow during normal business hours.
Old 01-03-07, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I literally just got off the phone with them, so they aren't closed yet.
Old 01-03-07, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes, I got through, too. They asked me if I was calling for The Ultimate Collection, and I said, "Um, No - Tom & Jerry, Vol. I."

Despite having gone through the replacement program for Vol. II, they still asked for all my information. Oh well.

Guess I'll see the replacement disc six months from now.
Old 01-04-07, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So if I call can I ask for the replacement for Volume 2 at the same time?
Old 01-04-07, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
So if I call can I ask for the replacement for Volume 2 at the same time?
I did. Whether or not I'll get both envelopes is another story.
Old 01-04-07, 01:47 PM
Banned

I called, only took 5 minutes, will send me the replacement discs for Volume 1, I already sent Volume 2 discs two weeks ago, still waiting on that one
Old 01-04-07, 05:41 PM

15 minutes or so wait for an operator, but it was painless after that, as I was already in their system from the Vol 2 replacement a few months back.
Old 01-04-07, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
Thanks took care of this and Superman with one call. On hold 24 minutes, though.
Old 01-04-07, 06:27 PM

Hi folks,

I was the one who posted that announcement regarding the Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection: Volume 1 replacement program over at Home Theater Forum.

My apologies for forgetting to post that annoucement here as well… I KNEW I had forgotten to post this somewhere (here!), but could'nt remember which forum. So sorry about that… In that regard, many thanks to The Valeyard for copying the information over here!

Just a bit of additional info for those of you who are calling in right now:

The Warner call center that conducts these replacement programs is only open from 8:00a - 5:00p Pacific Time. The best times to call are early in the morning.

Regarding the hold times, Warner has several different replacement programs going on at the same time, and they are getting a LOT of calls right now — especially due to the Superman sets and now Tom and Jerry. They also have only one person who answers the phone, then routes the calls to the other customer service reps depending upon which replacement program(s) you are calling about.

If your call gets answered, and you find yourself on hold for 20 minutes, then something got screwed up… hang up, call back, and tell the woman who answers you were stuck on hold for that length of time, and the line never got picked up again — you should get shoved over to someone right away if that happens.

Also, here's a quick way to save some time and energy:

As I stated above, when you initially call, the woman who answers finds out what you are calling about, and then routes you over to someone else who takes down your information. Depending upon whom you get, this could be a pain in the ass, especially when you have to respell "Hollywood" 5 times before they understand it.

If you have contacted them before for a previous DVD replacement — such as Tom and Jerry Vol. 2 or the Superman set — tell the woman who answers the phone that you are already in their system from a previous return/replacement, and ask if she can just pull up your info and reuse that. She should ask for your zip code, then your name, and if it's in their system, she'll just marks you down for the Tom and Jerry Vol. 1 replacement. That way, you shouldn't have to wait for someone else to retake your info.

And that's that.

If I get any additional information, I'll make sure to post it in this thread as well as in the aforementioned HTF thread.

Regards,
Old 01-05-07, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Which disc was the censored one in the SECOND spotlight collection?
Old 01-05-07, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

In Volume 2 it was both discs.
Old 01-06-07, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks Mr. Salty.

Has it ever been announced just how many spotlight collections they intend to release? Personally, I'd like to have all the Tom and Jerry cartoons up through the Chuck Jones years in the late 60's. Don't care much about anything after that.
Old 01-18-07, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
It took months but I finally received in the mail my replacement discs for Volume 2.

I will be calling WB in order for them to send the envelopes for Volume 1.
Old 01-19-07, 02:32 PM

I read through the post, but didn't notice anyone saying this, I apologize if I am repeating anything.

I just got off the phone with them and was told that this time they are sending the prepaid envelopes and want you to send your discs back to them and then they will send you the replacements. This of course isn't how they handled volume 2, but I would guess was the smarter way to do it for them. Maybe they took a beating with volume 2.

Chooch
Old 01-19-07, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

if they took a beating on the Vol.2 replacements, that is such a lousy thing for people to do! Keep the replacements and keep their originals?! Don't people have any intregity at all anymore?

Warner has their addresses. I hope they pursue them with the law.
Old 01-19-07, 05:59 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Still haven't goreceived my envelope for Vol.1 from 2 weeks ago. Called yesterday and they said they're getting them ready. I also asked for a Vol.2 envelope.

Now the wait...and the waiting.
Old 01-20-07, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Are the current sets in stores "fixed" or if I buy this set will I have to send in for a replacement disc?
Old 01-20-07, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sparks
Still haven't goreceived my envelope for Vol.1 from 2 weeks ago.

goreceived???
Old 01-22-07, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Got my replacements today for volume 1 but it appears they sent the non corrected DVDs. From the sound of it no one over at HTF is getting new DVDs either. Looks like someone at Warner messed up.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...96#post3069996
Old 01-22-07, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My replacement discs arrived as well. They're at home so I haven't checked them yet but this news is very discouraging.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.