Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Lethal weapon series - Are any of the releases thus far in keepcases?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-06, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are any of the releases thus far in keepcases?
Old 11-04-06, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is this one with the first 3 movies coming out at a low price:
http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...earchID=172945
Old 11-04-06, 05:20 PM

yeah but I believe from what Ive found thats goung to be a special 3 disc keepcase ala Back to the Future, is there a release with seperate keepcases?
Old 11-04-06, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

its actually one regular amaray with 2 disc...one of them is double sided.

since the first film just got a high def disc, i doubt you will see another incarnation soon
Old 11-04-06, 09:48 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Wal-Mart's latest insert is advertising the Lethal Weapon 3-pack (and several other Warner's three-fers) at $9.99. Of cours, YMMV.
Old 11-04-06, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
wow. that's really a great price.

the content from those 3pack discs are exactly the same as the separate older director cuts?
Old 11-04-06, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Ranger
wow. that's really a great price.

the content from those 3pack discs are exactly the same as the separate older director cuts?
This release has been out for a few weeks actually, as I've already seen it in stores. All three movies are the "Directors Cut" widescreen versions of the films - so I'd say it was the same content.

Kind of surpised that they just didn't do I and II on one "double feature" disc, and III and IV on another. That way, you'd get all four movies on 2 discs - but with the current version you're short a flick.

Last edited by Rocketdog2000; 11-04-06 at 11:31 PM.
Old 11-04-06, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 416 Likes on 301 Posts
I have a question, I really want to buy this three pack and I have seen it at work for only 9.99 for all three Lethal Weapon flicks. What is the aspect ratio on the first three flicks? On the back of the case it says all three are 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen, but I always thought they were 2.35:1. I don't know if its just a typo or Warner screwed up on these discs. Any thoughts
Old 11-05-06, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
I have a question, I really want to buy this three pack and I have seen it at work for only 9.99 for all three Lethal Weapon flicks. What is the aspect ratio on the first three flicks? On the back of the case it says all three are 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen, but I always thought they were 2.35:1. I don't know if its just a typo or Warner screwed up on these discs. Any thoughts
I believe the first is 1.85:1 and the rest are 2.35:1
Old 11-05-06, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, the director (Donner) went with a wider aspect ratio after the success of the first film.
Old 11-05-06, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have only seen the Lethal Weapon films in keepcases at Blockbuster with the artwork displaying on back for rental only. Alot of Warner titles that were once snapper cases are now in keepcases at Blockbuster with real artwork and not cut paper from the snappers like most rental places. These are the real deal.
Old 11-07-06, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've come across a bunch those new Blockbuster keepcases recently as well. I actually bought Lethal Weapon 1, and also saw several copies of Lethal Weapon 3. Unfortunately I've had no luck finding the LW2 keepcase yet. They have a small white box near the top of the back cover that says "For Rental or Previously Viewed Sale Only" - otherwise they're no different than the traditional exclusive keepcases they used to have (well that, and the fact that many of these are actually older catalog titles rather than new releases). And dvd luver is right, they aren't color photocopies or cut-up snappers crammed into a keepcase - they're actually real nice.
Old 11-07-06, 02:21 PM
Bye

Originally Posted by joliom
I've come across a bunch those new Blockbuster keepcases recently as well. I actually bought Lethal Weapon 1, and also saw several copies of Lethal Weapon 3. Unfortunately I've had no luck finding the LW2 keepcase yet. They have a small white box near the top of the back cover that says "For Rental or Previously Viewed Sale Only" - otherwise they're no different than the traditional exclusive keepcases they used to have (well that, and the fact that many of these are actually older catalog titles rather than new releases). And dvd luver is right, they aren't color photocopies or cut-up snappers crammed into a keepcase - they're actually real nice.
Yep, I've been looking for the "Spies Like Us" cover for ages, so if anyone scores some of these, let me know.