Silent Hill -8/22/06

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Silent Hill -8/22/06

Old 06-12-06, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 210 Likes on 183 Posts
Silent Hill -8/22/06

updated

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will release the love-it-or-hate-it Silent Hill on August 22nd. Director Christophe Gans' stylish horror film, based on the Konami game and starring Radha Mitchell and Sean Bean, arrives in separate anamorphic widescreen and fullscreen editions, each with Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks. Bonus materials will include the six-part Silent Hill Production Diary documentary featuring "Silent Hill Origins," "Casting Silent Hill," "Building Silent Hill," "Stars and Stunts," "Constructing The Creepy Creatures" and "Creature Choreography." Despite previous speculation, there will not be an extended version for now. Retail is $28.95. Also look for UMD and Blu-ray versions day-and-date.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
previous

Look for Sony Pictures Home Entertainment to release the recent big-screen adaptation of Silent Hill on August 22nd. There are no details yet, but it's a safe bet that there'll be unrated and R-rated editions. Stay tuned for more information soon.

DAVISDVD.com

Last edited by gerrythedon; 06-16-06 at 09:56 PM.
Old 06-12-06, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sold! I hope the set will be as comprehensive as the 3-disc Brotherhood of the Wolf set but somehow I doubt it...
Old 06-12-06, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Fincher Fan
Sold! I hope the set will be as comprehensive as the 3-disc Brotherhood of the Wolf set but somehow I doubt it...
shit that'll be sweet...

Please! at least let it be a 2 disc!!
Old 06-13-06, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was this a good movie, big RE fan but never got around to this on the theater.
Old 06-13-06, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hope it comes with some good Unrated material.
Old 06-13-06, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by critterdvd
I enjoyed it. There was a lot of story to follow, and it drags when they are not in the town.

Other than that I thought this was a well done film, and the first video game movie I've liked.
Old 06-13-06, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by critterdvd
In the same boat here. I think I will give this a shot.
Old 06-13-06, 08:06 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
I hope it comes with some good Unrated material.
me too
Old 06-13-06, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Will read reviews of both cuts, and if the unrated seems to include more Pyramid action, then I'm in for the Unrated as opposed to the Rated. Enjoyed the movie, then played the games afterwards, which made me appreciate the movie even more.
Old 06-13-06, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I originally had high hopes for this film, only to have my expectations drop after reading quite a few sour reviews.

I'm a big fan of the games, so I decided to go see it last week. I was really shocked at how much I enjoyed it! Usually video game films miss the emotions, the tone, the nature of the game it's based on, but I thought that Silent Hill the film really got a lot of things right. As mentioned above, it does drop a bit at the end, but overall - it was a really good (but not great) film.
Old 06-13-06, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
More Prymaid Head action is a definite sale for me.
Old 06-13-06, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I enjoyed this movie when I saw it in theaters. I may pick it up.

Thanks for the post!
Old 06-13-06, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i thought the director got everything he wanted into the film with no cuts. so ill be interested in this unrated version.

i would love a version with the side story of the husband edited out. which i believe was tacked on to the film when whoever ready the script said, "theres no men in this".

either way, i loved the film and im in.
Old 06-13-06, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by scarredgod
i would love a version with the side story of the husband edited out. which i believe was tacked on to the film when whoever ready the script said, "theres no men in this".
I totally agree. IMO those scenes kinda sucked everyone out of the whole Silent Hill atmosphere.
Old 06-16-06, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will release the love-it-or-hate-it Silent Hill on August 22nd. Director Christophe Gans' stylish horror film, based on the Konami game and starring Radha Mitchell and Sean Bean, arrives in separate anamorphic widescreen and fullscreen editions, each with Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks. Bonus materials will include the six-part Silent Hill Production Diary documentary featuring "Silent Hill Origins," "Casting Silent Hill," "Building Silent Hill," "Stars and Stunts," "Constructing The Creepy Creatures" and "Creature Choreography." Despite previous speculation, there will not be an extended version for now. Retail is $28.95. Also look for UMD and Blu-ray versions day-and-date.

DAVISDVD
Old 06-16-06, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So I guess no Unrated version after all. Oh well, I'm still getting it.
Old 06-16-06, 10:05 PM

Hmmm. So does this mean no extended version ever or one later down the line? I really wanted more Silent Hill damn it.

Oh well. I will be picking this up regardless.
Old 06-16-06, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well yeah this sucks if there is gonna be a double dip. This movie is in my top 3 favorites of this year. I don't double dip, so this is gonna be a last minute decision on buying it or waiting. Hopefully more news/rumors will be revealed closer to release date.
Old 06-16-06, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Despite previous speculation, there will not be an extended version for now
A "2-Disc Unrated Extended Cut" shortly after the initial release? Sounds familiar.

This is also been a film that really grabbed my attention this year, so I'm excited to see what lies ahead. That six-part doc sounds like it might be a good watch.
Old 06-17-06, 05:52 AM

It would be nice if he'd stop breaking announcement dates Noones meant to add anything till Monday. I've been sitting on the information for three weeks.
Old 06-17-06, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Tom Woodward
It would be nice if he'd stop breaking announcement dates Noones meant to add anything till Monday. I've been sitting on the information for three weeks.
That's a perfect reason to have an anonymous account!
Old 06-17-06, 11:49 AM

I believe it was on Gans's production blog or something where he said that he got every bit of footage he wanted in the movie. No trims to the gore or anything. He said good luck on Sony if they want to try to squeeze one out, they can certainly try, but there's almost no other footage.

Having said that, Sony will release an unrated version around Halloween that reincorporates the scene where Sean Bean let out a knee-knocking sneeze and had a massive boogey hanging out of his nose for three minutes.
Old 06-17-06, 12:08 PM

Hey Thomas,

Pray tell, where on the Sony press site is there an announce date for Silent Hill?? Because I don't see one.

I came by my info legitimately and legally. If the info is already out there, that's not my fault.

If you have had the info for three weeks (yeah, right), you would have posted something about it by now -- like, say, the release date at least.

Go s**t in your hat.
Old 06-17-06, 12:23 PM
GCole

Originally Posted by Patrick Mirza
Hey Thomas,

Pray tell, where on the Sony press site is there an announce date for Silent Hill?? Because I don't see one.

I came by my info legitimately and legally. If the info is already out there, that's not my fault.

If you have had the info for three weeks (yeah, right), you would have posted something about it by now -- like, say, the release date at least.

Go s**t in your hat.
wow that is a completely unproffesional response. cant you guys just get along? kiss and make up, come on.
Old 06-17-06, 01:31 PM

wow that is a completely unproffesional response. cant you guys just get along? kiss and make up, come on
Sorry, there'll be no making up on my end. Woodward always criticizes me. If The Digital Bits had posted the specs, there wouldn't be a peep about it from Tom. But because it's me...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.