Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Fast and the Furious: Franchise Collection ----> 6/6/06

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-06, 01:31 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Fast and the Furious: Franchise Collection ----> 6/6/06

For the people who were hesitant that this was the day of the beast, here is your confirmation, thanks to dvdactive.com:

Title: The Fast and the Furious
Starring: Paul Walker
Released: 6th June 2006
SRP: $22.98

Further Details:
Universal Home Video has sent over early details on The Fast and the Furious: Franchise Collection which includes the 'Tricked Out Edition' of The Fast and the Furious, 2 Fast 2 Furious, and a bonus disc. The new collection will be available to own from the 6th June, and should set you back around $22.98. I'm afraid Universal has yet to reveal the extras on the bonus disc - but we'll bring you further details shortly.
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...e-furious.html

Universal..... where the fuck is the Double Indemnity re-release?!!!!!!!! Stop re-re-re-re-releasing the same shit over and over and gives us the rest of your fucking unreleased catalog!!!!!

Ufff! I needed to vent a little.
Old 03-27-06, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As stupid as it is that this is what the fifth release for the first movie?, I will probably end up picking this up, as in I don't own either movie...
Old 03-27-06, 02:55 PM

Wouldn't they want to wait until the 3rd is released on DVD before calling this the "FRANCHISE" collection. Will they repackage this again with the third on dvd and call it the "COMPLETE FRANCHISE" collection? Meh bogus release just in time for the 3rd installment, figures....
Old 03-27-06, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
IMO it is beyond retarded to release this in June instead of waiting for the 3rd movie to hit DVD and release them all together.
Old 03-27-06, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Maxflier
IMO it is beyond retarded to release this in June instead of waiting for the 3rd movie to hit DVD and release them all together.
Considering the third flick will probably be in the bargin bins before March of next year, it would be at least a cost-effective move to wait.

I'll just keep my collector's edition of the first flick and the regular disc of the second one.
Old 03-27-06, 05:27 PM

Own both. And point and laugh all you want, but I like 'em. I can sit and watch these flicks anytime. But I won't buy them again.
Old 03-27-06, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I suggest anyone wanting the first one get the first release if possible for the fantastic DTS sound. Tricked out edition doesn't have DTS.
Old 03-27-06, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I own both and feel no urge to dip again. I may pick up the third one once the price plummets as I am a completist!
Old 03-27-06, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dx23

Universal..... where the fuck is the Double Indemnity re-release?!!!!!!!! Stop re-re-re-re-releasing the same shit over and over and gives us the rest of your fucking unreleased catalog!!!!!

Ufff! I needed to vent a little.

Word. Not only Double Indemnity, but many other classic Universal noir titles (and other classic titles in general) sit on a shelf rotting away, while shit like FAST AND THE FURIOUS gets the best treatment imaginable.
Old 03-27-06, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

From the sound of it they are only taking the current releases and putting them in a box with a bonus disc (which will probably just be prmo fluff for pt.3). No reason to get so bitter over it, it's not like they are getting different releases.
Old 03-27-06, 08:22 PM

Cheap price.

Ok flickz to pass the time.
Old 03-27-06, 08:35 PM

Dear Universal DVD Department,

I note with some interest you have decided to release for the fifth time your classic film, "The Fast and the Furious" starring acclaimed character actor Vin Diesel, along with its sequel featuring Hollywood legend Paul Walker.

As a major box office triumph with an upcoming second sequel, this is undoubtedly a considered decision of your part which shall likely produce substantial income for your DVD division. Indeed, the many fans of action based films featuring quality boobage will doubtless be impressed and rush to add the films to their collections...again.

We would respectfully ask that you consider looking back at your rich ninety year history of film production and assessing some other titles which doubtless would sell sufficient copies to generate a mild profit and earn your company a degree of critical acclaim and recognition within the industry.

Your earlier films contain much work from legendary figures such as Lon Chaney, the subject of many a biography and a profitable box set from your competitor Warner Brothers in recent years. A similar boxset from your company under The Franchise Collection label might gain some considerable attention from the community of DVD afficiandos.

Similarly, your extensive catalogue of westerns dating from the silent era to the 1970's contain many gems that would find a willing audience if presented with quality restorations and sympathetically produced additional content.

Horror films have been a major factor in your studio's success since the early 1930s and sufficient valuable titles are still unreleased that would find a willing audience. The Mad Ghoul, The Climax, Life Returns, The Man Who Reclaimed His Head - a collection of such titles would be greatly loved by many a purchased whilst endless unsold copies of the latest re-release sit in bargain bins.

Universal is the studio that produced great crime thrillers and film noirs. Your carefully produced releases of such well-loved titles as Double Indemnity would also be welcomed.

You are Universal. You are the studio of Sirk, Siodmak and Whale. You are the studio that produced diverse and imaginative movie serials that thrilled generations. You are the studio that fostered the talents of Rock Hudson, Tony Curtis, Piper Laurie and Deanna Durbin. You are the studio who gave Hitchcock a place to make manifest some of his darkest dreams, for Whale to make his tales of 'gods and monsters', for Sirk to find the darker corners of romance and 50s sensibility.

You are Universal. A torrent of dreams in thousand of movie theatres were created by your films. Those dreams can be created again or fired anew in the next generation. And we are willing to pay for it.

Universal, we ask you to look further into your catalogue of pre-1980 films, to find the richness and diversity that is present, to allow people to find their dreams again. You own those dreams and you have the power to make them available again.

All you need is the will to do so.

Yours Faithfully,

A Hopeful DVD Talker
Old 03-27-06, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Well said.

But honestly, this is just a way to them to sell some old inventory, and include a movie ticket for 3 Fast 3 Furious.
Old 03-27-06, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas
Well said.

But honestly, this is just a way to them to sell some old inventory, and include a movie ticket for 3 Fast 3 Furious.
Bingo! You hit the nail right on the head. This is pretty much to clean out old stock. If they were truly double dipping, they would would have worked on a totally new edition.
Old 03-29-06, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Bill Geiger
I suggest anyone wanting the first one get the first release if possible for the fantastic DTS sound. Tricked out edition doesn't have DTS.
I've said this before and someone told me I was wrong.

The specs for the Tricked out Ed say it has DTS.
Old 03-29-06, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just wait till the third one comes out....they wi re-re-re-release it.
Old 03-29-06, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bill Geiger
Yes it does.

Originally Posted by dealer
I've said this before and someone told me I was wrong.

The specs for the Tricked out Ed say it has DTS.
If they tell you you're wrong, then they or either full of shit or they must have a defective copy because the Tricked Out edition does have DTS.

Last edited by Maxflier; 03-29-06 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-29-06, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

coming next year....

THE FAST AND FURIOUS HOLY GADZOOKS EDITION

Complete with worthless material and including the new movie......
Old 03-29-06, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
I'll just keep my collector's edition of the first flick and the regular disc of the second one.
Me too. I bought them both for under $4.50 shipped off of Amazon (used). I know, it's still a bit high, but I finally caved.
Old 03-31-06, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas
3 Fast 3 Furious.
Genius. And the sad thing is, it probably will be called that.
Old 03-31-06, 05:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

shitty news - no need for this
Old 03-31-06, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by neocheddar02
Genius. And the sad thing is, it probably will be called that.
It's called The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift.
Old 03-31-06, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Maxflier
It's called The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift.
Well, since the older brother from Home Improvement is in it, it has gotta be good!
Old 03-31-06, 01:46 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 908 Likes on 768 Posts
stupid to have another edition when another will come out with Tokyo Drift, and then Cancun Breeze, and of course Hawaiian Eruption.
Old 06-06-06, 02:04 PM
Banned

"Tricked Out Edition" does indeed have DTS. After selecting the DTS track, you get the DTS "piano" demo, followed by trailers.

Anyway, this set is a great value. I paid $16.99 for mine, which includes both movies, the "Tricked Out" (DTS) edition w/ the extras, the 2nd movie, as well as the bonus disc (housed in a pocket in the box) which is quite loaded. It has a very informative 30 minute "behind the scenes" featurette, as well as never before seen deleted scenes from both movies, with commentary, as well as an alternate ending to the original. Not to mention both movies are the Widescreen version, which isn't always the norm with re-packs, and the ticket to the new movie.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.